New to PbP. Hello there!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 3, 2022 3:37 am
Hello!
I am Eli. I am new to PbP, but have played a few games IRL. Love a lot of things (starwars, brandon sanderson novels, Art), and try to make my characters fun and (mostly) lighthearted. I am usually pretty shy in IRL games, but I am hoping that the format of PbP will help me do a little more Roleplay. But, I DO love strategic combat! Final Fantasy Tactics and X-Com are some of my favorite games

Anyway, Feel free to message me! If the message goes to my email, I will try to get back to you asap, as I check it 2-3 times daily
Apr 3, 2022 3:56 am
Welcome Aboard, Eli!

If you'd like to get to know the community a bit better, I'd recommend jumping into the DISCORD channel. There's a lively book discussion group centered around author Brandon Sanderson. Of course, you'll find a lot of other GP denizens with a wide variety of interests. GamersPlane has a really open and welcoming community!

@bowlofspinach should drop you a slew of links for GamersPlane help & tips along with the invite to the DISCORD channel soon enough.

I enjoyed playing the X-COM games on PC and console over the years. It's a unique experience to be sure! There are ShadowRun and Battletech PC games that follow a similar turn-based tactical format you might enjoy.
Apr 3, 2022 4:54 am
Welcome, Eli!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

I also run a beginner's game as a quick introduction to GamersPlane and play-by-post, if you're interested.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!

Len

Apr 3, 2022 5:51 am
Welcome to the community, elihaun!
Apr 3, 2022 6:47 am
Welcome, Eli!
Apr 3, 2022 11:28 am
Nice to have you, Eli! If you don't Discord (as I don't), you can also start non-game-related-book discussions Media forum.
Apr 3, 2022 1:54 pm
Welcome to the community, @elihaun!
Apr 3, 2022 4:52 pm
Welcome to GP!
Apr 3, 2022 5:28 pm
Howdy friend! Welcome to GP!
Apr 3, 2022 5:50 pm
Welcome, elihaun. Hope you find some great games. If you don't see what you want, feel free to reach out and we'll see if we can help you out.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.