Day 2

load previous
Apr 7, 2022 6:22 pm
Anguis clenches his holy symbol and mutters in infernalLord, spare your gaze upon your undeserving pawns! as a black symbol appears on the foreheads of Bellow, Yoth and Torhem.
OOC:
Those three are blessed. Please don't forget to add a D4 to saves and attack rolls!
[ +- ] Bless (Cha)
Last edited April 7, 2022 6:23 pm
Apr 7, 2022 6:28 pm
OOC:
Youth, you don't get attack of opportunity. Cube is still within your reach
[ +- ] Opportunity Attack rules
More over Guiding Bolt is "Make a ranged spell Attack against the target.". Ranged attack has disadvantage if because cube is within 5 feet from you

If you wish I can allow you to to change your turn to move away from cube and take attack of opportunity, or you should roll again to hit for disadvantage
Apr 7, 2022 6:31 pm
OOC:
May Thorem take an interaction moment and grab a hold of the presented javelin for his current turn?
Apr 7, 2022 7:04 pm
OOC:
Thorem were surprised on round 1 and user it's action trying to escape ( you rolled STR check to escape). You must now wait for round 3.
As for mechanics I believe you want to du Ready action
[ +- ] Ready action rules
You still need to describe action that will be triggered and "grab" is not an action I know of.

Once again I repeat - I am too bag DM to make decisions about when to allow your improvised actions and will simply not allow them. If monster description says
A creature within 5 feet of the cube can take an action to pull a creature or object out of the cube
That means I will only allow you to do what is written there
Please do take a look at this and do things according to the creature description
Apr 7, 2022 7:07 pm
GreyWord says:
OOC:
Youth, you don't get attack of opportunity. Cube is still within your reach
OOC:
You are the DM, so what you say goes, but here's why I did what I did:

You said that cube moved 5' up, then 10' right. Based on the map as it existed at that time, if the cube moved 10 feet right, it would have moved out of Yoth's 5' range. Yoth would be at H9 after getting bumped, while cube's closest corner would have ended up at J10.

The map you posted next shows a different cube movement: 5' up the 5' right. Based on that map, Yoth moves as stated, accepting an attack of opportunity from the cube. He then casts Guiding Bolt, which hits per the previous roll. Yoth's melee attack against the cube never happened.
Apr 7, 2022 7:13 pm
OOC:
Oh I see it was a typo. I mean to move it 5 right. But since I wrote 10 let's stay with 10 and your post is good in that case.
P.S. I'm just feeling dizzy today, making mistakes and such will update map tomorrow moving the cube 5 more to the right
Apr 8, 2022 7:38 am
OOC:
OK I've fixed the map and cube now taken 25 more damage (29 together)
Bellow jumped to down on the map not right

I want to ask please NEVER EDIT POSTS TO ADD NEW ROLLS/ATTACKS after DM have posted new monster turn.
All your reactions and next turn action should be posted in new post
I will not in go back through whole chat to double check all of the historical posts
Round 1 actions
Cube 4 move, but both Below and Yoth escape, Yoth hits with AoP (cube damage:10)
Yoth 3 Guiding Bolt - hits. Next attack with advantage (cube damage:15)

Round 2 actions
nameinitiativestatus
Thorem 14 Try to get out but fail
Anguis 13 Cast bless on Bellow, Yoth and Torhem.
Bellow 9 Try to pill out Thorem (with bless) and succeed due to bless. Takes 3d6 damage while doing so
Mal 6 Attack with adv, hits, (cube 8 damage)
Hellhound 4 still dodle
Cube 4 TO GO NEXT (taken 27 damage so far)
Yoth 3 -

Bellow is trying to pull Thorem out again, taking some damage and some divine power helps him this time (bless spell) and he manages to get Thorem out (let's say i-12)

Rolls

Acid damage to Bellow - (3d6)

(451) = 10

Apr 8, 2022 11:58 am

On it's turn cube is trying to engulf Thorem (and Bellow just because it happened to be nearby). At the same time you see water splashes in the bath Bellow was poking and a water "comes out of it" forming into some shapeless creature that water tries to cover Yoth.
OOC:

Yoth, Thorem, Bellow DEX saves to avoid enemy attacks. Do not forget bless if you have one.
Please only roll your saves - I will finish enemy turn based on your results. Some of you may have AoO
Apr 8, 2022 12:50 pm
Get away from this creature!

Avoid cube with bless and barbarian adv

Rolls

Save - (D20+2+d4)

(8) + (1) + 2 = 11

Save - (D20+2+d4)

(11) + (1) + 2 = 14

Apr 8, 2022 2:52 pm
Thorem DEX save DC(12) at disadvantage. With the meanest of all dice. Thorem is retrap'ed.
Last edited April 8, 2022 2:53 pm

Rolls

DEX Save - (2d20L1+1)

(43) + 1 = 4

Apr 8, 2022 6:15 pm
OOC:
Dex save plus d4 for Bless.

Total save result of 16.
Last edited April 8, 2022 6:17 pm

Rolls

Dex save - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Bless bonus to save - (1d4)

(2) = 2

Apr 8, 2022 7:34 pm
Yoth avoid and water monster moves away - further and hides in the left bath
Thorem is engulfed again and take acid damage immediately

OOC:
Yoth could do AoO
Your turn. You do not see water monster at the moment, but assume it is somewhere in the water of the bath to the left

Rolls

Secret Roll

Acid damate to THorem - (3d6)

(626) = 14

Apr 8, 2022 8:09 pm
It's likely bobbing for apples in boiling water.

I yell to the dwarf,
Thorem get ready to run!
OOC:
Ready your action to move away when I pull you out.
Again, I try to pull him out.
OOC:
I will roll my str ck after Thorem acts or readies.
OOC:
I'm at 29/41 hp.
Last edited April 8, 2022 8:10 pm
Apr 8, 2022 8:56 pm
OOC:
Reaction: Attack of Opportunity w/censer against water
Move: Move to J4 (next to Mal)
Action: Cast Toll the Dead on Cube
Last edited April 8, 2022 8:57 pm

Rolls

Attack of opportunity w/censer - (1d20+3)

(19) + 3 = 22

Censor bludgeon damage if it hits - (1d8+1)

(1) + 1 = 2

Censor radiant damage if it hits - (1d8)

(4) = 4

Toll the Dead damage if successful - (1d12)

(4) = 4

Apr 8, 2022 10:27 pm
Mal yells, "Dang it! We just had him free of the cube!"

He runs up, drawing his maul, attacks the ooze with his maul from 10 feet away, and then slinks back.
OOC:
Move: Up to cell I9 (10 feet away from the ooze) - 25/30 feet of movement
Action: Maul attack vs. Gelatinous Cube
Move: Back to cell I8 - 30/30 feet of movement
[ +- ] Bugbear Feature: Long-Limbed
OOC:
EDIT: reroll 2 on damage die. If that's a hit, I would also like to divine smite.
[ +- ] Paladin Feature: Divine Smite
Last edited April 8, 2022 10:29 pm

Rolls

Maul to hit - (1d20+6, 2d6+4)

1d20+6 : (5) + 6 = 11

2d6+4 : (25) + 4 = 11

damage reroll - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Divine Smite (1st lvl spell slot) - (2d8)

(66) = 12

Apr 8, 2022 10:58 pm
If Thorem can hear Bellow, then he is ready to move away if pulled free. He will give him some kind of sign if he hears him while in the cube of DEATH burning away.
OOC:
If hears, ready action to move away from the cube if pulled free.
Apr 8, 2022 11:05 pm
Anguis chucks another javelin at the cube. Noticing that going near to that thing will do him no good...

Rolls

Javelin to hit - (1d20+5)

(19) + 5 = 24

Javelin damage - (1d6+3piercing)

(6) + 3 = 9

Apr 9, 2022 12:55 am
Grab Thorem and pull.

Rolls

Strength - (D20+3)

(11) + 3 = 14

Apr 9, 2022 7:03 am
Round 2 actions
nameinitiativestatus
Cube 4 move engulf Thorem (14 hp acid damage, engulfed) again, bellow jump away
Water monster 4 try to attack Yoth but fail, move afay and hide but receive AoP from Yoth (water monster -6HP)
Yoth 3 Toll the dead (cube damage:4hp)

Round 3 actions
nameinitiativestatus
Thorem 14 Prepare to run away
Anguis 13 Javelin hit cube, 9hp
Bellow 9 Try to pill out Thorem (with bless) and succeed , Thorem run away on reaction, no AoP from cube though. Bellow take 3 acid damage from this (transparently used to do do it)
Mal 6 Attack with divine smite 15+12 damage (cube 27 damage)
Hellhound 4 still dodle
Cube 4 TO GO NEXT (taken 66 damage so far)
Water monster 4 (taken 6 damage so far)
Yoth 3

Rolls

Acid damage to bellow - (3d6)

(111) = 3

Apr 9, 2022 7:13 am
Cube looking rather damaged moves other way trying to engulf Yoth and Mal, while you don't see water monster
OOC:

Yoth and Mal: DEX save.
Bellow could do attach of opportunity (assuming he had a one-handed weapon in one hand while pilling bellow out with the other)
And your turn

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.