Day 2

load previous
Apr 17, 2022 3:25 pm
Gnellson says:

Yesterday the entrance shut behind us and we had to find a way through the maze. I didn't look back today but I guess the entrance shut again.
is that statement based in any facts? I don't remember to have stated entrance shut. In any case I did not today. You are cool to abandon further exploration and learn what's the cost it.
Apr 17, 2022 7:13 pm
Thorem's fear of water is his driving point. Appears the only way forward is through WATER. by the way Thorem doesn't shower either. The largest amount of water to him is half a glass of water. That with a cloth is his shower/bath. He by the way drinks ale or harder.
Apr 18, 2022 8:32 am
Bubbles says:
Alright, how about we start with communication, tap right foot for yes and left for no, easy, right?
He looks at the hounds reaction while waiting for the results of bellows scouting.
Hellhound reluctantly taps his right foot
Apr 18, 2022 8:47 am
OOC:

Recap: you are in part B. Anguis is busy with hellhound, Thorem - with his fear of water.
Thorem have earned Inspiration from me

Bellow, Yoth, Mal - what do you do?
If anyone want to explore/investigate any part roll either wisdom (to notice something hard to notice) or intelligence (to make conclusion about what I've described so far.

NOTE: Starting Day 2 I am trying to introduce alternatives to everything you face in the maze. There may be ways to avoid water. There were options to avoid fighting cube and water monster in the previous room. But there is always straight-forward way to battle the monsters trying to ambush you. And don't forget you could always short rest with a tiny risk to face randomly spawned monsters. And those spawned ones will not be ambushing you
Apr 18, 2022 12:30 pm
Bellow contemplates why screaming fake chests exist where the map indicates a pillar should stand.

Rolls

Wisdom - (D20+3)

(14) + 3 = 17

Apr 18, 2022 3:42 pm
Mal is going to try to intuit and make sense of any details he has noticed.

Rolls

Wisdom check - (1d20+1)

(7) + 1 = 8

Apr 18, 2022 5:25 pm
Yoth studies the water-filled chamber.
OOC:
Study area D.
The roll below is straight Wisdom, but if the Perception skill applies, Yoth gets an additional +2 for proficiency.

Rolls

Study area D - (1d20+3)

(18) + 3 = 21

Apr 18, 2022 7:25 pm
Thorem doesn't want to leave early really, but also doesn't want to go near the waters. With this in mind, Thorem now begins to systematically go around walking in the main pillar room (C area) hunting for perhaps a hidden way. Does his best to ignore the blaring alarm noises that exist. He does take care and not to disturb the chest near the walls as he is sure that will only bring more annoying noise.

"I will see if there is yet another way out of this room while we rest a bit. I think that is best."
OOC:
Thorem is suggesting a short rest so he can get back his Action Surge and Second Wind Features.
OOC:
There is probably a +2 Proficiency Bonus on that roll due to "Stonecunning" feature that Thorem has. He does know a bit about stone.
Last edited April 18, 2022 7:31 pm

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+2)

(9) + 2 = 11

Apr 19, 2022 8:08 am
Bellow has an impression that chests were set there un a purpose to find out if a person who came to this place is greedy. While this don't look like trap... could probably be a place test goodwill or help cure greedy people, or... and if that is true there must be a possibility to turn off the screaming

Mal intuit that touching chests was a bad idea, while touching pillars wasn't so

Yoth discover seaweed and tiny fish in the water. He notices some details that let him conclude water is not always as still in there are it is right now. There are some significant waves in this water, though water level do not change.

Thorem does not find any hint of another way out of the room, but he does discover a change in the stone block pattern on the right side of the structure. But his effort to find any way to move those probably doors fail.
Apr 19, 2022 9:04 am
Thorem calls the party over to see if they can help him, "Hey I think there might be something strange about this wall area here. Come and see what you think."
Apr 19, 2022 3:11 pm
Quote:
Hellhound reluctantly taps his right foot
Infernal Good, now let's start our little chat, did you know about the creatures in the previous room?
Apr 19, 2022 3:29 pm
Mal looks at the wall where Thorem is pointing to, and checks to see if he can discern any method of opening the facade.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20-1)

(4) - 1 = 3

Apr 19, 2022 3:31 pm
"Oh yes. I think if I push this part in," he sticks his finger into a little hole in the wall, "and if I twist this grip," he does so, leaning his weapons against the wall, "that oughta....ugh...do it? Dammit! I can't figure it out!"

He then just pushes the wall as hard as he can (he has the push/pull capacity of a large creature with his strength, so that is a good amount of force, but I assume it doesn't do anything *lol*).

"Sorry everyone, I tried."
Apr 19, 2022 4:10 pm
Yoth walks over to where the others are looking at the wall. "There may be some creature lurking in the water in that chamber, based on the waves and ripples," he says, pointing towards the chamber he just examined (area D).

Then Yoth takes his own look at the wall.
OOC:
Yoth's Perception is better than his Investigation.
I don’t know if it applies, however. I will roll both, and GM can tell me which one to use.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+1)

(1) + 1 = 2

Perception - (1d20+5)

(14) + 5 = 19

Apr 19, 2022 5:14 pm
Hellhound roars
Mal is assured the pushing does not affect the wall
Yoth wonders if Thorem is right - he believe this is just a wall
The sound they hear make it hard to even understand each other...
OOC:
You don't need to roll d20 for checking that small piece of wall any more. Thorem's Stonecunning made the history check to pass automatically for him.
Hint: even with a passed check he was not able to find way to open it by means of interacting with the door.
Apr 19, 2022 5:49 pm
Thorem calls over, Can you quiet that hound! The walls here are sensitive and may fail. as Thorem is giving up on the wall section. If it wasn't for the noise he could think about what he is going to do next.
Apr 19, 2022 6:38 pm
OOC:
I was probably not descriptive enough - the sound that is troubling all of you comes from the chests recently broken. You hardly could hear hellhound roaring on Anguis in the section B
Apr 19, 2022 7:18 pm
OOC:
Winks. Ops.
Apr 19, 2022 7:26 pm
Completely ignoring Torhem Anguis is not going to tolerate that kind of attitude from the hound.in infernal DON'T YOU DARE to roar me like that! It's YES OR NO!
Last edited April 19, 2022 7:27 pm

Rolls

Intimidation - (1d20+5)

(16) + 5 = 21

Apr 19, 2022 8:21 pm
OOC:
I will assume intimidation here means beating hellhound, so
Hellhound whimpers
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.