Day 2

load previous
Apr 21, 2022 7:29 pm
Sounds good.
I will watch Mal from area D.
Apr 21, 2022 10:48 pm
Yoth will watch as well, knowing that he is not really geared for stealthy movement.
Apr 22, 2022 5:52 am
Mal loudly ans slowly proceed throgh the water partially swimming partially taking steps in the deep water. The tall Bugbear is not fully in water, but water still slows down his movement. When he reach the corner and could look over it he spots large creature moving his way. Creature is mostly in water but based on pincers it should be crab of enormous size
OOC:
INITIATIVE!
https://i.imgur.com/tPWZIxu.png
OOC:
The picture is abstract and I've made creature circles larger than normal to be easier to spot them. We will be user TotM for this battle. I will create table after imitative roll
Everyone but Anguis roll imitative. Anguis is in part A - too far away to take care. He will not hear you screaming to join battle due to sound made by the chest
Thorem mechanically is surprised, but it reflects his mental state not being interested in any water exploration

A short situation description:
Mal is 15 feet from stairs up and stairs are 30 feet high with partially trap doors on ceiling.
Enemy is 30 feet from him and from 20-25 stairs
Yoth and Bellow is 50 feet away from Mal on the edge of water, they don't see the enemy yet but hear see Mal's reaction and waves in the water.
Thorem is 15 more feet away and suprised
Everyone but Yoth has 1/2 speed in the water. But no checks required to move/swim.

Monster size is large meaning his vertical size is 10 feet, if you move 10 feet upwards you are still in 5 feet from him. Only moving at least 15 feet upwards will count as beeing 10 feet from large sized enemy
[ +- ] If you want tomove up the stairs/ladder

Rolls

Enemy inititive - (1d20)

(17) = 17

Apr 22, 2022 6:24 am
OOC:
yes, he will use the 5 HP.
For once he enjoys some peace, even if no so quiet.
Last edited April 22, 2022 6:26 am
Apr 22, 2022 12:12 pm
I should have been with him!

Rolls

Init - (D20+2)

(20) + 2 = 22

Apr 22, 2022 3:56 pm
Thorem. When he is all here mentally. INIT 5.
Last edited April 22, 2022 3:56 pm

Rolls

INIT - (1d20+1)

(4) + 1 = 5

Apr 22, 2022 4:19 pm
As the battle begins Anguis gets rid of stress and begins to ponder, trying to distract himself from the noisy chests...why hell hounds were created, aren't they literally meant for someone like me? What am I supposed to do with you? Killing you would be a damn loss without a fight...

He pets the hounds head and attempts to remember anything that could help him with getting the hound fully on his side.
OOC:
History for a big brain flex? I mean, this one should make sense, right?
Last edited April 22, 2022 4:21 pm

Rolls

History - (1d20+1)

(12) + 1 = 13

Apr 22, 2022 4:34 pm
OOC:
Init to win it!
I'll see how initiative is ordered before declaring my action.
Mal will yell, "CRAB!"
Last edited April 22, 2022 4:34 pm

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+0)

(16) = 16

Apr 22, 2022 6:07 pm
OOC:
Current status, will update later, still need Yoth initiative. Bellow (quite natural for barbarian, isn't it - could act before enemy). Don't yet know if Yoth can. Will update once I have his initiative roll
nameinitiativeaction round 1status before round
Bellow 22 Dash 50 feet away when from Mal
Crab 17 ??? 30 feet away from Mal
Mal 16 ??? 30 feet from enemy, 50 from allies , 1/2 movement in water
Yoth 12 ??? 50 feet away from mal
Thorem 5 none surprised first round
Apr 22, 2022 6:16 pm
[ +- ] Meanwhile Anguis recalls following
Probably hellhound did't attack the acid cube as it had no flesh...
Apr 22, 2022 11:23 pm
Dash toward Mal.
OOC:
Double move at half speed makes 30'
I sheath my short sword. Anxious to use my new glaive even in the water.
Last edited April 23, 2022 1:32 am
Apr 23, 2022 6:24 pm
OOC:
Rolling initiative on behalf of Yoth

Rolls

Yoth: Initiative - (1d20+0)

(12) = 12

Crab-monster

GreyWord

Apr 23, 2022 6:44 pm
Crab-monster

Creature that Mal called Crab moves toward Mal causing significant waver (Mal spot fish like tale of this monster that helps him to move fast in water) and the creature stops 10 feet away from Mal and use it's both Pincers to attack Mal . One pincer is reflected by armor, but other hit Mal, grappling him. Monster's squid-like head descends from water and it attack Mal with his tentacle - Mal
OOC:
Mal have to do DC 13 Constitution saving throw or be poisoned for 1 minute. Until this poison ends, the target is paralyzed. The target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
Bellow, Yoth - now you do see the enemy attacking Mal.
OOC:
Enemy have reach 10 feet
nameinitiativeaction round 1 status start of round
Bellow 22 Dash (30 feet) 50 feet away when from Mal
Crab 17 Move in 10 feet from Mal and attack 30 feet away from Mal
Mal 16 ??? 30 feet from enemy, 50 from allies , 1/2 movement in water
Yoth 12 ??? 50 feet away from mal
Thorem 5 none surprised first round

nameinitiativeaction round 2status start of round
Bellow 22 ??? 30 feet away when from Enemy
OOC:
Mal - do con save first and if you pass you could do your turn. You are grappled regardless of save throw. Escape: require action and athletics/acrobatics check DC 14.
Bellow and Yoth - you could do your turn regardless. Thorem will join round 2

Rolls

Right Pincer to hit - (1d20+6)

(5) + 6 = 11

Left Pincer to hit - (1d20+6)

(14) + 6 = 20

Left pincer damage - (2d6+4)

(15) + 4 = 10

Apr 23, 2022 7:26 pm
OOC:
Mal's Con save
Mal yells "HELP," as his body goes limp with the tentacle.
Last edited April 23, 2022 7:27 pm

Rolls

Constitution save - (1d20+2)

(3) + 2 = 5

Apr 24, 2022 3:40 am
Moving closer. 15'. Dodge. Maybe get AoO with pole arm.
Apr 24, 2022 4:56 am
OOC:
Forgot to add: The target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
Mal: do one more CON save at the end of your turn
Bellow - you were 30 feet away from enemy at the start of round 2. If you move 15 you can't get AoO
Apr 24, 2022 2:19 pm
In the next round of Anguis is still out of combat he will attempt to feed the hound the pumpkin treat he made previously.
Last edited April 24, 2022 2:19 pm
Apr 24, 2022 3:41 pm
OOC:
Anguis don't need to wait for battle turns to make out of combat actions. You soon discover that hellhound is not interested in consuming the threat, unless you force it it consume it - in that case it will consume the treat.
P.S. I haven't found any detailed ruling on this only opinions and the opinion about fiends I leat to agree with is this:
Quote:
I always figured they didn't need to eat or drink or breathe...except the flesh and blood of mortals is so tasty, and the fear generated by someone about to be eaten alive has a scent that excites the dark denizens...also they don't only consume the flesh, they consume at least some part of the soul which is their sustenance.
Apr 24, 2022 7:01 pm
OOC:
Since it is Sunday I'm waiting another 24 hours for you combat turns.
Mal - con save at the end of round 1 action
Yoth - round 1 action
Bellow - you could still adjust your turn as you want. You see Mal grappled by monstrosity and it plan to get away with him
Apr 24, 2022 8:40 pm
OOC:
Sorry for the delay in posting.
Yoth immediately splashes into the water, moving to aid Mal. He makes a few motions with his weapon and speaks a blessing to aid Mal, Bellow, and himself.
OOC:
Move: Move 30 feet towards Mal. Should place him 20 feet from Mal, 40 feet from Monster, and probably a few feet from Bellow.
Action: Cast Bless with a 1st level spell slot on Mal, Bellow, and himself (range: targets within 30').
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.