Day 2

load previous
Apr 11, 2022 4:00 pm
Thorem feels the healing, Thanks for the healing. I do feel much better now. A lot of that acid burn is gone. He moves to be by the double doors.
Apr 11, 2022 8:04 pm
Anguis discover that buttons cause each of the 4 baths to be covered with magical ice cover and remove that cover on repeated button pressing. Ice is while just like the 10 cubes around the room.

Mal find one symbol among strange letters that look like a death symbol. It is repeated 4 times on each of few pages he have investigated so far. Until he reach what looks like table and then patter of 4 repeated death symbols break.
Apr 11, 2022 10:33 pm
Mal looks at the book, then looks at the table, and then he says, "I see nothing but death and scribbles, and then when this table symbol appears, it seems to break the pattern of death symbols.

"I'm not understanding more than that, though. Can anyone else make more sense of what these instructions may mean?"
Apr 11, 2022 10:35 pm
Mal then goes to gather his rope up, untie the rope knot, and puts the javelin back in with the others, after wiping the javelin and the rope with a piece of clothing that is not useful, like maybe a pant leg or something.
Apr 11, 2022 11:31 pm
Bellow flexes his freshly healed arms (thanks Mal) and joins Thorem near the double doors. Joking with Thorem, What are the chances we're done with this room?
Apr 12, 2022 3:21 am
I'm done with it.
Apr 12, 2022 8:10 am
OOC:
Look like the game may benefit of DMs interruption, let me narrate that:
You spend some time investigating the book with no benefit, eventually you decide to try pulling the handle and it triggers one of the towers to cast
[ +- ] Lightning Lure
automatically targeting tallest of you - i.t. Mal who is looking into the book (I believe bugbear has to be tallest of you)
Surprised about this Mal is pulled to the tower and takes 8 points of lightning damage
You also notice that white cubes in the room start melting. Group decide not not interfere with the the hazardous equipment move through the doors discovering a chest behind it. Chest as usually contains some food and - this time a scroll. The scroll appears to be "Protection from Evil and Good" spell.

Rolls

Mal'i'Gott': Strength save - (1d20+4)

(2) + 4 = 6

Lightning damage - (1d8)

(7) = 7

Apr 12, 2022 8:42 am
You proceed further and see long hall in front of you and two exists - one leading the the left and and stairs down leading to a room filled with water. Water is about 5 feet deep
OOC:
If you chose to go into the water I will not ask you any swimming or water breathing cheeks, but if a battle begins in the water we will be using rules of under water fight.
[ +- ] Underwatr fight
I will actually do exception to Mal melee weapon attacks - due to his size and Long-Limbed his melee attacks will not have disadvantage in 5 feet deep water (but will in deeper water).
https://i.imgur.com/7eYCffc.png

You proceed to see what is there to the left and see a huge hall with a 20 feet high structure (first level is 10 feet high) and there are stone pillars on the structure and next to in on the ground, you can't see behind the structure. As you are only peaking around the corner you can't really understand what are those pillars
https://i.imgur.com/QOkZzHp.png
OOC:
What do you do?
Apr 12, 2022 12:53 pm
Bellow cautiously enters the huge hall. I go in about 15' and wait.
Apr 12, 2022 1:06 pm
Thorem makes it very clear to the party that he isn't going near that water. By his reaction you're sure he is afraid/panic about the water. Thorem has an obvious problem with the water.

Thorem is right up with Bellow and cautiously enter the huge hall and about 15'. "Touch creepy here."
Apr 12, 2022 3:03 pm
Mal holds his maul in his left hand (his off-hand), and heft one of his javelins with his right hand, ready to throw it at a hostile creature. He will stay a step back, keeping an eye out near the water to make sure that we are safe on our flank while the others proceed further into the hall.
Apr 12, 2022 7:58 pm
Yoth takes notice of Thorem's apparent issues with the watery room. It seems irrational, but there is some sense in staying away from water if you don't know what is in it.

Yoth follows the rest of the group into the large hall, equally on guard.
Apr 12, 2022 8:08 pm
OOC:
Forgot to note that it was dark in there but
Once you step into top of each pillar on top of the structure lights up. They all shine bright white light in a 20-foot radius and dim light for an additional 20 feet. You could now see the a half broken chest on left of you with a huge amount of coins, part of them spilled on the floor.
Apr 12, 2022 8:27 pm
If there's a stone or anything like that nearby Anguis would like to throw that at the chest... If not he will cautiously approach it and poke it with a javelin.
Apr 13, 2022 12:01 am
Thorem walks over to the chest, he says to no one in particular, "Wonder who made a mess of it."
Apr 13, 2022 4:51 am
When you poke a chest it shines red light and produce high unpleasant sound. Effect continues about 6 seconds.
Apr 13, 2022 6:09 am
Anguis, steps back.. Nope .. I'm totally not touching it again...
Apr 13, 2022 11:23 am
OOC:
As far as I understand
While Thorem and Anguis (with hellhound) are investigating the the cracked chest other 3 are yet in the entrance
When Anguis were poking cracked chest you saw that only chest were moving when poked, while no coin moved. Thorem as dwarf has reasons to believe this is a single stone-cut object covered with gold color to look like gold coins.
You also see that the 20 feet structure ends almost at the end of the hall and there is another wide exit from the hall.
OOC:
maybe it is of any help - will reveal you more of the map. Your PCs do not see SE corner of it yet and don't see the ladders yet, but they will figure it out soon anyway, so I will not bother hiding it
https://i.imgur.com/SqKUpj7.png
Apr 13, 2022 2:21 pm
Still moving cautiously I catch up with Anguis and Thorem. Anything helpful?
Apr 13, 2022 3:08 pm
Thorem abandons the chest and walk to the very center of the room to look over what is there. He looks over the stonework and tries to determine anything about it.

Rolls

History Check - (1d20+6)

(12) + 6 = 18

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.