Day 2

load previous
Apr 13, 2022 4:27 pm
OOC:
do you mean Thorem walk up the stairs to the top of the structure?
Apr 13, 2022 4:41 pm
Yoth follows Thorem and Anguis around the side of the structure. If they go to the stairs, he does not go up them yet.
Apr 13, 2022 4:53 pm
Mal steps back slowly, walking backwards about 20 feet into the room, but still keeping his eyes on the doorway that they entered from.
Apr 13, 2022 5:10 pm
OOC:
Actually I will do the way I understand it
Thorem walks up the stairs to the top of the structure, he knees an touches the floor of the structure and recall that building structures from stone blocks of this this is used for monumental building basements or tomb: even if there are any "rooms" inside that structure it is primary build to stand forever, not to be a functional building.
OOC:
Reminder - you roll any Intelligence check to recall lore only if you touch the object of your interest.
Apr 13, 2022 5:39 pm
Inspecting the pillar near the "chest", Bellow will first touch it with his glaive. If nothing happens he will touch it for real.

Rolls

History - (D20-1)

(14) - 1 = 13

Apr 13, 2022 6:07 pm
When Bellow touch it with glaive the color it is shining with changed to green color.
OOC:
you don't touch it I assume, do you?
Apr 13, 2022 7:07 pm
Thorem says as he is up there, This appears to be a tomb perhaps. He continues to study it.

Rolls

INT check - (1d20+2)

(16) + 2 = 18

Apr 13, 2022 7:22 pm
OOC:
@GeneCortess maybe I still don't understand what you are trying to achieve here. I can't imagine how a person could "study" plain stone floor and what would except to figure out by study the top of the structure. Do you try to understand age of the structure, technology used to build it or anything else. I will meta-game and tell you there is nothing useful you could figure out by looking at the stones on the structure roof, no matter what you roll
Apr 13, 2022 8:42 pm
I do not touch it yet. I call out to the group,
Any ideas about these light pillars? This one turned green when I tapped it.
Apr 13, 2022 8:47 pm
When Bellow finish saying that the color returns to white
Apr 13, 2022 8:50 pm
A small fix: the 3 pillars on the ground are also shading white light just as those on top of the structure.
Apr 13, 2022 10:26 pm
OOC:
Actually Thorem was trying to determine what race and such created this by the type structure as he looks about it.
Apr 14, 2022 6:12 am
Thorem understand that build principles are trivial. It certainly not build by dwarfs based on the quality of sone blocks. But anyone could have done it, even goblins or orcs. The biggest question is - how this big stone blocks were moved here, they each are of size 2.5x2.5x2.5 feet. Most probably magic were involved.
OOC:
Goblins or orcs is not a hint here. It is based on "Dwarves have a reputation of hating goblins and orcs"
Apr 14, 2022 7:28 am
Seems to be magic about but nothing harming. With no real thoughts, Thorem will proceed down the stairs to the south and look down the corridor to see what is ahead at the moment.
Apr 14, 2022 7:58 am
OOC:
Forgot to describe what you see on top of the structure, but you could guess from the picture I believe
There are 5 pillars shining and two chests similar to one down. These chest are of better condition - only is only slightly cracked and you see gold inside, probably also fake one - but hard to tell crack is not fob enough.

When Thorem moves down the corridor he see it ending in a hall with stairs down into the water
[ +- ] map
Apr 14, 2022 8:58 am
Thorem quickly turns away from the water and goes up to the chest he left and will open it more to see if it is gold or not.
Apr 14, 2022 12:53 pm
OOC:

There are two chests - a solid one and one with little crack. Which one Thorem choose and how do you mean "open it more" - do you try to tear apart the one with the crack?
[ +- ] How I mean cracked chest - approximately like this
This chest has a cover though, you may try to open the cover, but I would not call it "open more". That's why the question.

Before I resolve Thorem's actions I will give other players few more hours to describe their PC actions. Investigating structure and moving around would have taken a few minutes.
Apr 14, 2022 1:01 pm
This light stayed green for just a few seconds. Could that be enough time to switch all of them at the same time?
Bellow touches the pillar for better understanding.

Rolls

History - (D20-1)

(15) - 1 = 14

Apr 14, 2022 1:37 pm
When Bellow touch pillar it changes colour just the same way as previously and turns back several seconds after released. It does remind you of a tomb where floor segments behaved in similar way when stepped on, thus letting guards to detect intruders more easily. You could also recall that the length of the signal would increase every time it is touched repeatedly to inform about number of intruders.
But when Bellow try to test this and it touching pillar repeatedly - it does not seem to increase the time the green light is on.
Apr 14, 2022 2:15 pm
OOC:
The one chest that has a little crack in it as the target. Thorem has pitons, hammer, and a crowbar to work on it.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.