Day 2

load previous
May 4, 2022 6:38 am
Mal walks back to the stairs, keeping his eyes on this floor, and says, "Let’s come up. It seems safe enough, and there is some rusted plate mail that maybe the townsfolk can fix up for us."
May 5, 2022 7:23 am
OOC:
So what do you DO? Who is in the attic? Do you open any doorsor investigate any objets described? Try To go down the stairson the other partof room? Anything else?
May 5, 2022 7:30 am
Come on Torhem, it ain't that bad, if a hellhound could do it, you'll be able to without a problem. Anguis attempts to encourage the dwarf, by pointing out that the hellhound swam across and is currently waiting on the stairway... Seeing that he's hesitant, Anguis continues...I will lift you, so your head is over the water if you want to.
He won't be leaving Torhem behind.
Last edited May 5, 2022 7:33 am
May 5, 2022 9:22 am
Thorem looks at Anguis questionably, You really think your that strong? Thorem without anything is 180# of Mountain Dwarf and that water is like 5' deep.
May 5, 2022 11:28 am
If it is of any help here is the map. All of the water is approx. 5 feet deep. You did not check what is North of the stairs and I'm only revealing what is 60 feet away based on your darksense.https://i.imgur.com/jsIZ8tt.png
OOC:
Anguis carry capacity is well above 180, I believe he would be able to carry you and all of your stuff technically. Nevertheless in water I will not even check carry capacity. Archimedes' principle applies to the world my game is run in. Even a wizard with STR score 6 would be able to keep your head under the water unless you would wear chain mail or something more heavy.
May 5, 2022 12:22 pm
Don't worry , water makes things lighter.... come on, let's deal with it. anguis is 6feet tall, so it's quite alright...

Anguis leads Torhem into water, taking his bag beforehand, up until his armpits then with an excuse me he slightly lifts the dwarf, by lifting him like a child under his armpits,and continues to move towards the stairs, making sure that the dwarf is armpits-deep in water at all times.
OOC:
I did math, Anguis can lift 240 lb, two times that will be possible but he won't be able to move. In water it should be roughly two times of what i previously wrote.
[ +- ] visualization aid
This really reminds me of my pre-school science field trip.
Last edited May 5, 2022 2:02 pm
May 5, 2022 1:27 pm
Bellow hesitates on the steps watching Anguis and Thorem. After a minute he shakes his head with a sigh and climbs up to join Mal.
May 5, 2022 7:06 pm
Thorem is still petrified with fear. The more he thinks about it the worse he gets. Thorem does not float. He sinks like a rock in water. He trusts Anguis and away they go acid swimming.
May 6, 2022 8:10 am
It take a moment to get Thorem to the stairs, and it is probably for good that the chests are screaming as Anguis could ignore unpleasant words whispered by Thorem as they do their practice.
Anyhow you are all at the attic now. Everyone dripping everyone see room
[ +- ] Let me recap room for you
OOC:
What do you do?
May 6, 2022 8:24 am
Well it wasn't that bad, wasn't it? You're a brave man, you faced it almost without any help. he pats Torhem on the shoulder, looking all positive. While thinking What a problematic man... I hope he will be able to go back on his own.... he looks around the room. Ugh... It's dirty and I'm wet, at this point i will need to do trough cleaning of my armor when I get back.
May 6, 2022 8:53 pm
From the middle of the room, Bellow looks over the broken alter or dais and the object in front of it. Is this set up for a religious purpose? If so what religion?
After pondering that for a moment, Bellow looks out the window across from the broken alter.
May 6, 2022 9:09 pm
Thorem stubbles as walks and is release. He is quickly trying to put himself back together mentally. There is a rather blank look in his eyes but the gleam of life is coming back.
May 7, 2022 3:18 am
Hey! Glad you two made it! I wasn't so sure it was going to happen.
May 7, 2022 7:33 am
Yes. If he wouldn't have been ready to face it himself, i would always be able to cast heroism on him, the spell is pretty self explanatory, but chose not to, yesterday showed me well, how important it is to not to waste limited resources when possible... Have you found out anything about the place? Anguis takes the hounds rope thinking to himself...He could probably use a proper leash...
Last edited May 7, 2022 8:31 am
May 7, 2022 8:13 am
Bellow figures out that:
fireplace

What he counter for an altar is just a fake fireplace. It is ruined enough to understand is has no chimney.
OOC:
Just ignore the wood in the fireplace visible in this picture, there are no wood in one your PCs see
window
When you open the curtains you see but a wall that radiates dim magical light
May 7, 2022 9:19 pm
Fake window. Fake fireplace. None of the comforts of home.
May 7, 2022 11:07 pm
Thorem says as he comes back to life, Not a surprise. He gets his bearing as he stands and looks about.
May 8, 2022 2:56 am
Bellow looks down (or up?) the stairs that are next to the window.
May 8, 2022 5:53 am
Bellow see stairs down that has a lot of cracks, holes, missing steps...
[ +- ] Like that
Through cracks you could see another level of ladders taking it even more downstairs
OOC:
If you want to go down stairs jumping over the holes would not require any checks, but your PC understand that he would run risk of stairs collapsing
May 9, 2022 11:56 am
These stairs are no good. Somebody pick a door.
OOC:
Do the doors all look alike?
Last edited May 9, 2022 11:57 am
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.