Heist in The Heights [OOC]

load previous
May 9, 2022 12:03 pm
CESN says:
... I'd got for the Reducing the Threat normally ...
Often a wise choice.
CESN says:
... but want to see that Increasing the Effect working ...
Often a fun choice.
CESN says:
... cool/rebel vibe? teenagers probably like that ...
Probably.
May 9, 2022 12:07 pm
@CESN: [ref]Do you Resist? One of both (separately)?

If you don't Resist, you can deal with the consequence in the next posts.

I think Resisting the alarm might be better than dealing with it, but that is up to you.

Resisting a consequence means it does not come to pass (so it is very powerful) but can cost you valuable Stress.

If you Resist, show us how. For instance: Resisting the Reduced Effect could be something as simple as you acting cool and impressing them.
May 9, 2022 1:03 pm
Yeah resisting the alarm is critical!! I'll try resisting both, again, test run :D
May 9, 2022 1:05 pm
CESN says:
... I'll try resisting both ...
What Approach do you think you will use for each?

Narrate how you do it and add the rolls.
May 9, 2022 1:13 pm
ah! the rolls! forgot those!!!

could these be Smartness (just trying to look cool not actually show any emotion connection) + Influence?

If I push I get 1 stress with potential for extra from resisting right? How easy is it to heal stress?
by the way, do we need to split this player discussion for each player? Feel a bit like spamming the others discussing things they probably "don't care too much"
May 9, 2022 1:30 pm
CESN says:
OOC:
... let me know if it is enough
That works.
CESN says:
... could these be Smartness ...
Both seem a bit like Smartness, sure. But that is just because I don't want to say they should be Empathy. :(
CESN says:
... + Influence ...
Resistance only rolls with the Approach, no adds.
CESN says:
... If I push I get 1 stress ...
Pushing is 2 Stress.
CESN says:
... with potential for extra from resisting right ...
I don't think you can Push on Resist rolls. Would need to check Blades.

Not that you would want to. Adding guaranteed Stress for the chance of reducing Stress is not a winning strategy.
CESN says:
... potential for extra from resisting ...
Yes, Resisting costs Stress:
Quote:
Resistance / Armor
When Resisting a Consequence, you reduce or avoid it entirely (GM's discretion). Declare how you do
it and roll the appropriate Approach:
Crit 2EZ. Clear 2 Stress
6 Solid. Mark 1 Stress
4/5 Not bad. Mark 2 Stress
1-3 Close call. Mark 3 Stress

Alternatively, you can mark Armor to Resist an appropriate type of Consequence instead of taking Stress.
CESN says:
... How easy is it to heal stress? ...
You get one chance during the mission to Take a Breather
Quote:
Take a breather
Once per Run, convey how the fiction provides you with the opportunity to unwind — take a pill, turn up
the volume, punch a wall, check in with a loved one, patch yourself or another teammate up. Roll the
appropriate Approach, +1d if you bring out your ANGLE:
Crit You've been through worse. Clear all Stress -or- ignore Levels 1 and 2 Harm penalties for the rest of the Run.
6 That should work. Clear 3 Stress -or- ignore Level 1 or 2 Harm penalties for the rest of the Run.
4/5 Suck it up. Clear 2 Stress -or- ignore Level 1 Harm penalties for the rest of the Run.
1-3 Take what you can get. Clear 1 Stress.
So, if the dice don't favour you, you might only ever get to clear 1 Stress on the whole run. Clearing Stress also means you don't get to ignore the Harm penalties.

This is your last run ever, and things are desperate.
CESN says:
... Feel a bit like spamming the others discussing things they probably "don't care too much" ...
They should care. Everyone should be involved in all of this. Not only is it a learning experience, it is also part of the rules that we all make these decisions. The GM does not make all the decisions, FitD is very player-lead.
May 9, 2022 2:35 pm
CESN says:
OOC:
resisting wild teenagers
That guy at the back is pretty irritable.... erm...

That is a whopping 5 Stress! Yikes! Two away from overload. Do you want to show us how and why these guys got to you so badly? Maybe something from your past?
May 10, 2022 7:22 am
nezzeraj says:
OOC:
So just so I'm understanding correctly, there is a physical malfunction with the door/lock due to age?
Mainly to give D. a chance to deal with the interlopers. That done, we should be able to unstick things with the application of a little friction-easing fiction.
May 10, 2022 8:18 am
vagueGM says:
That is a whopping 5 Stress! Yikes! Two away from overload.
Guys! I'm not making out of this place :D
May 10, 2022 8:22 am
CESN says:
Guys! I'm not making out of this place :D
Stress can't kill you, it only feels like it will (or makes you wish it would). Overloading also has it benefits.

The GM also does not impose Stress upon you (*), it is always your own choice when to take on Stress, so you are in control.
May 13, 2022 11:34 am
If there kids are coming with us, we need to give them names. For some reason I am tempted to go with (or start with) Helena, Hermia, Lysander and Demetrius... but the H&H can get confusing.

I also did not define whether the smaller one who was brave enough to volunteer was the apparent leader or the other shy one. We can decide that or roll dice/flip a coin.
May 13, 2022 11:37 am
You can make Helena into Elena.
May 13, 2022 11:41 am
nezzeraj says:
Indeed, that would clean up the collision.

We if we want to start there we can mix them up more, and shorten them to ease typing. Demi and Lysa sound good.
May 13, 2022 11:45 am
vagueGM says:
I also did not define whether the smaller one who was brave enough to volunteer was the apparent leader or the other shy one. We can decide that or roll dice/flip a coin.
I assumed she was the shy one immediately. Because that triggers D. ;) Probably trying to prove she is useful or some teenage crap :D
nezzeraj says:
She can also be Elena then (mostly because that's the first name I saw)
vagueGM says:
We if we want to start there we can mix them up more, and shorten them to ease typing. Demi and Lysa sound good.
oh cool. Like El or just E sounds great (we don't know their names in character yet)
Last edited May 13, 2022 11:46 am
May 13, 2022 12:03 pm
CESN says:
... assumed she was the shy one immediately ...
Me too. :)
CESN says:
... trying to prove she is useful or some teenage crap ...
Exactly my thought process.

But we can mix up those assumptions if the others want to.
CESN says:
... or just E sounds great ...
To match (or just extra-trigger) her overly-protective big brother D.? I think we have to. :)

Though I did not mean us to shorten them that much, just did not want to end up tying Demetrius over and over again. :)
CESN says:
... we don't know their names in character yet ...
No, but it was asked, and we will need them in a minute.
May 15, 2022 11:58 am
Gonna wait for after the weekend to see if the Blank or Solovei can come up with a way to open things up.

The kids would have no clue about car jacks, never having seen either.
In general, assume they are not here to be helpful, you will have to solve things yourselves. :)
May 17, 2022 12:34 pm
Ah! Been recovering from Covid, and just a little out of the loop/trying to catch up here! When last I posted, Blank was over Winston's shoulder. I don't have any further idea to add to what is happening right now with the kids, so I'll jump in and follow with that!
May 17, 2022 1:35 pm
Dunko says:
... Been recovering from Covid ...
/urgh

At least 'recovering' is a good word. Hope it goes well for you and you get over it completely.
Dunko says:
... out of the loop/trying to catch up ...
Do you need anything from us by way of summary, or anything?
Dunko says:
... I'll jump in and follow with that ...
Cool, 'meeting' the kids and going through the door is the next thing. Let us know if you need something to react to.
May 19, 2022 9:21 pm
Hey, had some RL stuff pop up and fell behind on the game. I'm going to be tied up til at least Friday evening, just wanted to check in and let you guys know I'm still around. Will catch up when I have computer access on Friday
May 19, 2022 9:24 pm
Thanks for letting us know. Hope everything is OK.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.