Heist in The Heights [OOC]

load previous
Jun 15, 2022 3:01 am
Yeah that makes sense, so let's stick with Caution and Mobility then if we are doing group roll! Do we all agree on those two then? We can just say Blank is out front, scoping round corners and such and narrate from there.
Jun 15, 2022 3:05 am
Dunko says:
... We can just say Blank is out front, scoping round corners and such and narrate from there.
If that is what you are doing, sure. But the 'leader' does not need to 'leading', it is mainly about who takes up the slack and deals with (and pays the price for) the almost-whoopsies anyone makes.
Jun 15, 2022 7:31 am
Dunko says:
Yeah that makes sense, so let's stick with Caution and Mobility then if we are doing group roll! Do we all agree on those two then? We can just say Blank is out front, scoping round corners and such and narrate from there.
sound slike something D. would do :D
vagueGM says:
If that is what you are doing, sure. But the 'leader' does not need to 'leading', it is mainly about who takes up the slack and deals with (and pays the price for) the almost-whoopsies anyone makes.
So we could say Blank may just be behind and left to deal with those kids? all the stress he gets from that would make him the leader right? :D
Jun 15, 2022 1:08 pm
CESN says:
... we could say Blank may just be behind and left to deal with those kids? all the stress he gets from that would make him the leader right ...
Indeed. The term 'manager' might be a better one than 'leader'.

Let's let Blank tell use where they are what they are doing, and then, after, what they are doing to take up the slack and how it Stresses them.
Jun 20, 2022 7:57 am
just quickly checking, as I may have gotten lost, but we're rolling for the group now right?
Jun 20, 2022 12:08 pm
CESN says:
... we're rolling for the group now right?
That's right.

We need a roll from each of you, which you can place in a description of what you are trying to do. Feel free to post a followup after the roll or wait for everyone to post and roll for a conclusion.
Jun 20, 2022 12:09 pm
@Dunko, you can add your roll to your post, or wait and see how/what the others do and then post again. While you have to deal with the fallout, your roll does not help you do so. The "leader's" roll counts exactly the same as the others' do.
Jun 20, 2022 7:14 pm
I'll add it now and make a follow up based on what we read from the dice!
Jun 22, 2022 2:55 pm
Unimportant rules clarification:

@CESN: In your post you were actually rolling with 1d6+0d6 which is 1d6, so you were not rolling with zero dice, no need to use the special `2d6L1` dice code, that is for when you have no dice, you had 1. :)

I makes no difference here, it is still a 6 (so we know we unequivocally succeed on this group action).
Jun 22, 2022 2:57 pm
@nezzeraj: We are waiting on Winston's part of the Group Action.

Do you need anything from us to help?
Jun 22, 2022 3:46 pm
vagueGM says:
you were actually rolling with 1d6+0d6 which is 1d6
1+0=1 🤔 You're always learning 🤣 I completely forgot it was pooling than when I pressed the automatic roll 🤣
Last edited June 22, 2022 3:46 pm
Jun 22, 2022 4:00 pm
CESN says:
... always learning ...
That is my dream. :)
CESN says:
... forgot it was pooling than when I pressed the automatic roll ...
Yep. Figured as much.
Jun 22, 2022 10:48 pm
That is a 6 on the outcome, so you all make it through the gauntlet and to the 'next level', though actually it is three levels up, before you make it to the smog layer and have to do something different.

Blank, you take two Stress --one from your own 1-3 and one from Winston. What happened and what did you have to do to make it go smooth (don't embarrass other players or make their characters seems incompetent, but feel free to ask them what they did wrong and they are welcome to embarrass themselves:).

Blame the kids if you must, but that will engender resentment. :)
• What did you each spot along the way that might be interesting or useful later?
Jun 23, 2022 8:48 pm
D. was flawless 🤣
Jun 24, 2022 1:07 am
CESN says:
D. was flawless
Though, not Critically so. :)

The kids will have noticed. Your Rep grows.

What did you find that you think will prove useful (for anything) during your ongoing mission?
Jul 7, 2022 10:12 am
nezzeraj says:
(in RP)Winston merely nods in agreement and gets to work.
@nezzeraj: What is Winston trying to do? What do you hope to achieve with this roll?

In future, before you roll, we have to work out the details. Don't roll till we have gotten to that step, or you cut of all your adjustment options.
Jul 7, 2022 10:15 am
CESN says:
(in RP)... that should put those kids back in their places ...
@CESN: Are you trying to achieve anything specific here? Do you think it needs a roll. If not I can just react in character.
Jul 7, 2022 10:19 am
vagueGM says:
CESN says:
(in RP)... that should put those kids back in their places ...
@CESN: Are you trying to achieve anything specific here? Do you think it needs a roll. If not I can just react in character.
Well, it was mostly RPing that I can "say it worse" but I never pass a change of making things worse by rolling :D
Would Aggression (2d6) + Influence (0d6) work ? it's kind of an aggressive intent... but maybe Smartness (1d6) + Influence (0d6)... anything but Empathy (0d6)+ Influence (0d6). He is not good with people... unless its to smash them xD
Jul 7, 2022 10:27 am
CESN says:
Would Aggression (2d6) + Influence (0d6) work ? it's kind of an aggressive intent...
Probably, it does not sound like an Empathetic action. I wouldn't call it particularity 'Smart' either, but it depends on what you are trying to achieve.

Rolling with Aggression means it is an aggressive act and will be interpreted as such (maybe with tears, since they are not likely to fight you). What end-result do you want if all goes well, what do you think the downsides would be?
Jul 7, 2022 10:36 am
Trying to get into the security and surveillance system to hopefully get a video feed and pinpoint where our objective is.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.