Heist in The Heights [OOC]

load previous
Jul 7, 2022 11:45 am
nezzeraj says:
Trying to get into the security and surveillance system to hopefully get a video feed and pinpoint where our objective is.
If you fail, you get a nice zoom on the kid's crying face instead :D a meme waiting to be
Last edited July 7, 2022 11:45 am
Jul 7, 2022 11:47 am
Sounds like a win-win lol.
Jul 7, 2022 11:48 am
vagueGM says:
Probably, it does not sound like an Empathetic action. I wouldn't call it particularity 'Smart' either, but it depends on what you are trying to achieve.
What end-result do you want if all goes well, what do you think the downsides would be?
ahah yes, I wasn't thinking about anything before you asked... I don't want to be overly agressive, but it's not like I'm trying to sway them as well. The idea was to just reply in the same currency, thus ... outsmarting the kids that is being funny... that's kind of where the smart idea came from... But I'm just rolling for the trouble really :D
Jul 7, 2022 11:57 am
CESN says:
... I'm just rolling for the trouble really :D
OK, so roll it for the trouble.
Jul 7, 2022 11:58 am
nezzeraj says:
Trying to get into the security and surveillance system to hopefully get a video feed and pinpoint where our objective is.
How are you doing that? More fiction gives us more to work with and defines the consequences.

We already established in the fiction that the SSS is particularly risky (it has an Edge when it comes to 'security' related stuff) so it is Threat level 3. I don't think it is particularly better than other systems at defending itself, so we won't also reduce the Effect, leaving it at Effect 2.

Since you have rolled and know the outcome it is too late for you to adjust the Threat and Effect.

Since you went in hard (not using Cautious) Effect 2 will be enough to gain you superficial access. You can take a look around but still need to search for your objective.
Jul 7, 2022 1:54 pm
Look, I'm not a hacker in real life so I have no idea how Winston would do that. I think I'm going to bow out, actually. I wanted to give the BitD system another chance and figured a different genre would work better, but I think I have experienced enough now to know that this system is just not for me. And it's doubly worse on PbP than in person imo. Thanks for the opportunity and I hope the mission is a success.
Jul 7, 2022 2:27 pm
nezzeraj says:
... I'm going to bow out, actually ...
OK. We will miss you thanks for what you brought to the game.
nezzeraj says:
... this system is just not for me. And it's doubly worse on PbP ...
I like the system, but it really struggles in PbP. I hoped the slightly simpler rules of this game would be enough to help, but they don't really change the troublesome mechanics.
nezzeraj says:
... hope the mission is a success ...
Meh. I don't care about the success of the mission. The fun is all that matters.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.