Character Descriptions

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 8, 2015 12:21 am
Please post your character descriptions here. IF you want to post some history or something that you would help the other players or myself understand your motivations better, you may do so here as well.
Feb 8, 2015 12:39 am
This is Yui:
A young woman with short black hair woman walks in, looking annoyed. A white piece of cloth is tied around one long lock of her hair. She glares at everyone in the bar with dark red eyes, as if daring them to annoy her further, but at the same time seems to be nervously analyzing them for any threats.
Clothing/weapons: She wears a katana and dagger on her right hip, and has a retracting forearm blade on her right arm. She wears a black form fitting cloak with blood red stripes.
Feb 8, 2015 1:41 am
Tara grew up in a small secluded temple in Thaemor. There she learned to fuse her graceful movements with her fighting abilities. Heavily influenced by the temple and their kind ways, Tara eventually came up with her own moral compass. She took and instant dislike to wearing armor as she feels it could limit her in her movements and fighting style. When she came of age she decided to venture out and see the world.

Not wearing armor turned into an asset when working as a personal guard, or even a merchant guard. Most times people didn't even know she was a guard, until they did something stupid that is. Her graceful movements also earned her the ability to also work as a dancer or physical performance artist.

Right now, Tara is between jobs, just travelling to the next place and seeing more of the world..

Physical Appearance: Long blue black hair tied back into a single braid, Silver eyes, Wrist and arm bands, Dark red short Ki dress with gold design, Tall mid calf dark red boots.
Equipment: Explorers pack, Heavy crossbow, Sword staff.

When adventuring/exploring, Tara typically wears a metal mask which mimics her facial expressions. When in town or relaxing she usually has the mask off, but readily available.

[OOC: Basically my character avatar. BTW, In case you don't know, when you go to post and use Advanced, you can change "Post As:" near the top from Player to your Characters name, it will show your characters name AND your avatar pic (with your pic) to the side]
Last edited February 18, 2015 4:51 am
Feb 8, 2015 2:07 am
Khoren Apraxin was raised in the City of Boreg, at the junction of the Wyr and Septim rivers. A strange child, he found that other children often instinctively avoided him, at least until they grew to know him. As he grew, he learned to play up to his 'strangeness' and adopted a persona of a prophet or mystic. In Boreg, there were always new people to meet and to perfect his routine on.

As a young teenager, some talents began to manifest in him which he used to enhance his life and his aura of mystery. He began to associate with a rougher and more dangerous folk, travelers who were in Boreg on the way to somewhere else. He loosely attached himself to a gang of disreputable Jaekel ruffians who had fled Aras Island in search of adventure, and learned to use their forearm blades to blend himself in and share in their aura of danger.

In the last year, having reached adulthood, Khoren began to see strange insects hovering in the air above certain people, or stopped all-in-a-line and facing someone. Having convinced himself fully that he was a mystic, he paid attention to the insects, made some minor pronouncements for small coin, and the found himself joining Phyrel's Trading Company where he could work as a teamster and guard.

For the past few weeks, the insect signs have grown agitated and confused. While Khoren doesn't know what might happen, he is excited to be in the middle of something so strange.

Physical Description: Khoren is tall, sharp boned and dark eyed, with a high cheeks and a narrow jaw. His hair is short and brown but stands straight and backwards. His mouth is thin and usually parted slightly. Khoren wears light armor and carries two punch daggers, and a long cloak. He tries ever to keep his form hidden behind the folds of his cloak, collar pulled high. He has a penchant for long hard looks and dramatic gestures. Still, his whimsy sometimes interferes with his adopted mysterious guise.
Feb 10, 2015 4:56 pm
Darazen's background
Darazen literally means "Son of Dara and Zen" in Navarene dialect, and never was there a more knowledgeable sage than Zen, a professor at the Asaranti University in Navarene's second largest city, and it's capital, Charmonde. Asaranti University is renowned as one of the greatest scholarly institutions in the Steadfast, so for Zen to be acknowledged as the wisest of men, then that is praise indeed. Darazen is similarly gifted, a highly intellectual nano with the ability to communicate telepathically, a rare ability even at the university. Dara, his mother, is popular in the community, but lives in the shadow of her more eminent husband.

His father expected much of him, making him study instead of play, and seemingly piling on more homework than other kids at the university. This really annoyed Darazen. It seemed that the harder he worked to impress his father, the less rewards he received. There seemed to be no relief, no way to escape the monotony of study. He did learn a lot though, particularly specializing in creatures of the Ninth World, using his skills as a telepath to learn more than the average student might. It is amazing what little clues lie in the surface thoughts of every living being. But his ability to study waned, really waned, as his willingness to please his father turned to rebellion.

Eventually, on a dark dreary night, Darazen left the university without saying any goodbyes. He simply packed up and left, carrying little possessions, and jingling just a few shins. By chance he saved a merchant and his slaves from a highjacking on a road to nowhere, stepping forward and mind blasting the thugs. The merchant was an employee of the Company, and the rest, as they say, is history. Darazen was hired by the company as an academic, tasked with seeking knowledge to expand and strengthen the Company's influence. And so, somehow he finds himself confronting mudmen, not quite what he expected would happen on this particular journey...

Darazen's appearance
Darazen is tall and slender, with a wiry athletic frame. His head is clean shaven, or maybe it is naturally so, and he wears large gold loop earrings. His skin is dark as night, but in contrast his eyes are azure blue blazing with intelligence. A blue gem stone is curiously embedded in the center of his forehead, the color of which exactly matches his eyes. He wears dark green robes adorned with apparently random slashings of finely made golden cord and rope that binds the robe tightly to his body, revealing a youthful, well shaped masculine form. He carries a light grey backpack allowing both hands to be free, and his belt has slots to sheath small weapons and cyphers.

Darazen's City of Origin
The second largest city in Navarene and the kingdom’s capitol, Charmonde is a place of great beauty and art – and great inequality. From it’s marble statues and columns to the soaring, arched bridges which cross the Jerribost river, connecting the city’s north and south sides, there is little in Charmonde which has not been built or crafted with exquisite care and detail, most often by the hands of slaves.

The city is home to Queen Armalu of the Navarene, who lives in the Empiternal House, a palace built on the city’s highest hill that has earned the nickname the House of a Thousand Slaves, due to the rumoured number of slaves the Queen keeps there.

Not far from the palace is the Asaranti University, renowned as one of the greatest scholarly institutions in the Steadfast.

Lacking city walls, Charmonde is defended by four fortresses, capable of creating a sonic barrier between them that will cause severe pain and convulsions for anyone who tries to pass through it – if it doesn’t kill them first. It’s said that these barriers have grown weaker in recent times and that the Aeon Priests don’t know how to make them strong again, though how anyone knows any of this is a mystery, since no one can recall the barriers ever being activated in the past.
Last edited March 4, 2015 3:14 pm
Feb 11, 2015 12:32 am
Utazó Véd is a women in her late 30s whose short light-brown hair is starting to grey a bit. She wears a weathered, full length leather coat that's obviously a little too large for her 5' 6" frame, and a rope necklace hangs outside of her rather plain shirt. While not a physically imposing figure anyone who looks into her dark, almost black, eyes can sense that she is not one to be messed with.

[I need to get her a better avatar. :-)]

Utazó more or less translates to traveller in Hungarian and Véd means to protect. Sounded like an appropriate name for this particular adventure.
Last edited February 11, 2015 12:34 am
Feb 13, 2015 7:41 pm
szemely says:
Utazó Véd is a women in her late 30s whose short light-brown hair is starting to grey a bit. She wears a weathered, full length leather coat that's obviously a little too large for her 5' 6" frame, and a rope necklace hangs outside of her rather plain shirt. While not a physically imposing figure anyone who looks into her dark, almost black, eyes can sense that she is not one to be messed with.

[I need to get her a better avatar. :-)]

Utazó more or less translates to traveller in Hungarian and Véd means to protect. Sounded like an appropriate name for this particular adventure.
Ayigato szemely-san, I love it when character names are explained! Do you know Hungarian? Thanks mate!
I guess I'll chime in: Yui is a common girls name in Japan and I chose it because an anime character I'm fond of has the same name. It means "elegant clothing" or the like.
Feb 13, 2015 8:04 pm
Kaizival says:
Ayigato szemely-san, I love it when character names are explained! Do you know Hungarian? Thanks mate!
I don't know any Hungarian at all, I just use what google translate tells me to. Our grandfather was Hungarian and used to swear at us in his native tongue a lot, which is why I chose to use it for names (that and it has a lot of cool accent marks and such).

I have another character on here for a D&D5E game that's a halfling whose name is roughly "Little Stab". :-)
Last edited February 13, 2015 8:05 pm
Feb 13, 2015 11:06 pm
szemely says:
Kaizival says:
I don't know any Hungarian at all, I just use what google translate tells me to. Our grandfather was Hungarian and used to swear at us in his native tongue a lot, which is why I chose to use it for names (that and it has a lot of cool accent marks and such).

I have another character on here for a D&D5E game that's a halfling whose name is roughly "Little Stab". :-)
Little Stab.

Makes sense on so many levels ;). Glad you didn't go with 'Smeagol' for this game!
Feb 13, 2015 11:19 pm
Which anime is Yui from?
Feb 13, 2015 11:55 pm
Um I'm pretty sure you haven't heard of it, but it's Muv Luv Alternative Total Eclipse, based off the Muv Luv visual novel series. It was a good anime with a few decent characters (Yui) but the fanservice ruined it, and with that it was transformed into a harem anime with aliens and giant robots. I won't say don't watch it, but definitely proceed with caution.

Do you watch any anime :)?
Last edited February 13, 2015 11:56 pm
Feb 14, 2015 1:36 am
I've seen some of the more popular ones and a few others, most of the avatars I've used for characters on here are from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Really liked Monster, Darker than Black, Moribito, and the first season of Knights of Sidonia. There were a couple others I tried to get into as they looked pretty interesting, but the fan service killed 'em for me.

My wife is a lot more into the anime stuff than I am but I do enjoy them.
Feb 14, 2015 4:44 am
Knights of Sidonia! Sadly I haven't heard of those animes but I really loved Knights of Sidonia. Episode 5 is probably my favorite, when Hoshijiro and Tanikaze have to camp out in the Tsugumori for 10 days, as that episode was really beautiful and atmospheric, but still had some mecha action. The opening was awesome too. If you were into that show you may be into Neon Genesis Evangelion. Its probably the most molestation your mind will ever take in front of the TV. (Not that that's a selling point, but it is seriously mind boggling.
Feb 17, 2015 9:17 pm
I've updated Darazen's background, up above...
Mar 22, 2015 7:15 pm
Utazó now has a better matching avatar.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.