Chapter 13 - What Ramon wants

load previous
Apr 23, 2022 8:42 pm
"But the water doesn't really meet the sky," Al frowns. "Unless you fill one of the gondolas with water. You think that's what we have to do?" She grins as she imagines it. "That would be so cool. Like a flying swimming pool."
Apr 23, 2022 8:57 pm
it's worth a look.. If it turns out to be a bust then at least we'll have fun riding the rides.

Leaning over to Aunt Mary, Logan answers her question. Yes mam, I'm always there every time a monster movie is showing.
Last edited April 23, 2022 8:59 pm
Apr 23, 2022 9:12 pm
The adults' conversation goes to more grownup -and more boring- subjects.
By the time you are all full and cannot eat anymore, it is 5pm. There are still plenty of hours of light, until roughly 9pm.

Tonight at eight Al's dad had given her rendez-vous at the Pier to get a good spot for the evening firework display.
Apr 24, 2022 4:31 am
Al lies down on the grass, holding her overfilled belly and looking up at the sky. Ripper jumps around her, licking her face, excited about this fun new game she's playing.
"Stop it!", Al says, waving a hand to stop her dog from licking her face but that only makes Ripper bark excitedly and try even harder. "Logan, go take Ripper on a walk. I'm dying here."
Apr 24, 2022 10:50 am
OOC:
Let me know if the Hunters are ready to get back into the crowded streets of Gulf Haven, or if they spend longer at Johnny's
Apr 24, 2022 11:08 am
OOC:
After overeating, Al will probably lie around for a bit but then we can get going after maybe half an hour or so
Apr 24, 2022 11:09 am
I'm hoping the walk down to the pier will give my stomach time to digest everything I ate. I was so hungry after that walk to the lighthouse and back I could eat a horse. I feel like I did anyway. Johnny decided Alan had the right idea and laid down on the grass under the prickly hot sun. Ripper decided to run and jump over him a few times in excitement before licking at his face and hands. We should get headed down there soon. There'll be long lines for every ride so we might not get a chance to catch the ferris wheel if we wait too much longer...
Apr 24, 2022 12:02 pm
After a break for food exhaustion, the Hunters try to shake off the post-barbecue lethargy and walk out of Johnny's, thanking the Aunts and boyfriends for the tasty meal and the good times.

They head downtown through the crowded streets, with Logan and Alana once again regretting their rides are gone. Johnny leaves his skateboard home too.

https://i.imgur.com/6qcge1i.jpg
a little soundtrack

As the reach the Pier, it is a cacophony of music and happy crowd noises. The Ferris Wheel spins slowly around in the distance.
As Johnny predicted, the lines are pretty long for most rides.

Having been here many times before, they know that among the attractions on offer at the Pier are:

-Captain Hook's Shooting Range
-Chico's Burritos
-The Arcade
-Mamma Mia Pizza & Pasta
-Cocktails by the Gulf
-Shoot-a-Duck!
-Trampoline World
-Dr Waffle
-Sweet Street
-The Seafront Grill
-Grab-a-Prize
-Chinese Wall
-Le Croissant
-Music Box
-Mr Prawn's Fish Place
-Haven Memories
-Wacky Photo Box

plus a couple of stalls that are closed, with COMING SOON signs stuck on the shutters.

Among the larger rides, the Ferris wheel and the Mirror Maze take larger structures on the Pier.
Apr 24, 2022 12:10 pm
"Usually, I'd love to go there," Al says, pointing to Trampoline World. "But today, I'd probably barf all over it. Let's just go to the ferris wheel first."
Apr 24, 2022 12:36 pm
The line for the Wheel is pretty long. Judging by how slow it is moving, they'll have to stand in line for at least an hour before it's their turn.
OOC:
Unless they want to try to jump the line / convince someone to let them go ahead somehow
Apr 24, 2022 12:41 pm
OOC:
I don't think Al is capable of waiting in line that long...
Al runs around the line, looking for anyone they know so she could cut in with them.
Apr 24, 2022 3:46 pm
Alana scans the people in line. Her heart sinks as she doesn't recognize anyone she knows. Until...
[ +- ] ...
Apr 24, 2022 3:49 pm
Al grins. "Come on!", she shouts to Johnny and Logan as she makes her way to the front of the line. "Hey mushroom-girl!", she says as she crosses the boundary confining the line and steps next to her. "Remember me? From the library? I offered to recommend some good books to you." She then gestures to Logan and Johnny, trying not to give the girl an opportunity to protest. "Those are my friends, Johnny and Logan. Guess who's who? Anyway, so cool to meet you. Have you read any new books since we last met. Oh wow, you're heading up the ferris wheel too? That's what we were doing. Let's go together."
Apr 24, 2022 5:15 pm
Little Girl
"Huh? Oh. You're the big hair girl who was on the Library floor"

Little Girl's Parents
"Friend of yours, Lily?"

Little Girl
"Not really. She called me dumb. But I told on her. I don't know the other two."

Little Girl's Parents
They give the hunters a strange look. "Oh. Hey, maybe you should line up, like all the rest..."

Little Girl
"What happened to your arm?"
Apr 24, 2022 5:30 pm
"I didn't call her dumb," Al says. "Just her book." She waves her injured hand around in front of the girl. "It's a really cool story. Hey, Lily, let's ride the ferris wheel together and I'll tell you all about it!"

Lily

Dr_B

Apr 24, 2022 5:42 pm
Lily
She looks at Al's bandaged hand, then shrugs. "Hmmm.... don't really care." She looks at Johnny "Do you do your own braids? How long is your hair when it's loose?"

Her parents follow the strange exchange with a puzzled expression.
Apr 24, 2022 6:00 pm
Logan watches the exchange between Al and the girl with an amused look on his face. Figuring that the conversation won't go the way the hunters want, Logan steps up to Johnny and leans in... I'm going to see if I can find someone else to hitch a ride with. I'll meet up with you guys at the exit to the ferris wheel.

Logan steps away and begins to look to see if he can find someone he knows.

Rolls

Notice & Wild - (1d4+2, 1d6+2, RA)

1d4+2 : (2) + 2 = 4

1d6+2 : (1) + 2 = 3

Apr 24, 2022 6:10 pm
Logan cranes his neck, then spots Nate between the lining crowd.
OOC:
Nate lives in the house where the Lindabot went on a rampage, and Logan chatted to him on the night. They seemed to share a love for Stephen King books, and Nate seemed under a great deal of pressure from his parents to study Law in the future. Nate is the guy who first called you Monster Hunters!
He is in a group with his sister Kelly, and three of Kelly's friends (who are also MIA's friends!) are with them.

Nate Curtis
Kelly Curtis
Mia's friends
Apr 24, 2022 6:16 pm
Logan casually walks up and waves as he approaches. Hey, Nate, it's been a while, what have you been up to?
Apr 24, 2022 6:22 pm
Nate Curtis
Nate turns and smiles at Logan. "Huh? Oh, hey Logan!.. nothing much. Just hanging out with my sister. You remember Kelly?"

Kelly Curtis
She turns to look at Logan, smiles, then looks away.
Then she double-takes and stares at him, "Ohmygod, you're the guy with the massive crush on Mia, aren't you?!?"

Mia's friends
Mia's friends suddenly take a huge interest, and start whispering at each other.

Nate Curtis
"Don't be dumb, Kelly. If Logan and his friends hadn't been there the night of the party, that robot girl would probably have killed us all."
load next

Thread locked