Chapter 13 - What Ramon wants

load previous
Apr 29, 2022 4:00 am
Al ignores the shouts coming up from the bottom and wills herself to keep going.

Rolls

Spirit - (1d8-1, 1d6-1, RA)

1d8-1 : (5) - 1 = 4

1d6-1 : (64) - 1 = 9

Apr 29, 2022 7:55 am
Alana doggedly pursues her ascent, blocking the fear of the dizzying height and not allowing the voices calling from far below to interfere with her goal.

She focuses on the ladder, and if anything, tries to climb up faster, to the point that she almost misses the small symbol scratched into the pillar leg on which her ladder is attached.

She has to go back one rung down to see it better.

https://i.imgur.com/H8KqIRg.png

The etched symbol is at a point of the pillar leg just under the water tank. There is nothing else on that bare metal pillar.
OOC:
Give me a Notice roll for Al (-1 for Wound)
Apr 29, 2022 8:20 am
Pensioner wife
"We have to call the police... before she gets hurt," the woman is saying.
Pensioner husband
"Let me handle this... " He calls at Johnny and Logan "YOU BOYS! TELL YOUR STUPID FRIEND TO COME DOWN THIS INSTANT! SHE CAN GET SERIOUSLY HURT UP THERE! DON'T MAKE ME CALL THE COPS ON YOU!"
OOC:

Using Voice of Authority. opposed Spirit roll might be required from all three Hunters.
[ +- ] Voice of Authority
using a GM Benny to reroll once.

Nope! no opposed roll required, as he did not roll the minimum 4 needed.
The pensioner tone is uncertain and his voice lacks authority. You all think he doesn't mean it.

Rolls

Pensioner Spirit+2 - (1d6+2, RA)

(1) + 2 = 3

reroll - (1d6+2, RA)

(1) + 2 = 3

Apr 29, 2022 12:04 pm
"I found something!", Al shouts down. "Now let me..." Her voice trails off as she looks around for more.

Rolls

Notice - (1d6-1, 1d6-1, RA)

1d6-1 : (5) - 1 = 4

1d6-1 : (64) - 1 = 9

Apr 29, 2022 12:20 pm
Alana looks around the pillar leg to see what the scratched symbol is trying to tell her... Leaning sideways and looking past the pillar, she spots something attached to the belly of the giant water tower. It looks like a squared metal box, and it is quite far from her.

https://i.imgur.com/L9maBzP.png

This must be it! But there's no way she can reach it... not without killing herself...
OOC:
Al will need a long tool, or somebody holding her as she tries to catch the distant object.
Apr 29, 2022 12:26 pm
"Logan! Johnny! I found the treasure! But I'll need help getting it. One of you has to climb up. And bring a long stick or something."
Apr 29, 2022 12:48 pm
Pensioner wife
"Oh no! she's calling the others up there!"

Pensioner husband
"THAT'S IT !! I'LL GET THE POLICE RIGHT NOW!"
He rushes inside to the phone.

OOC:
a dramatic task begins! The nosey Pensioners are calling the police. We'll say there are 3 rounds before the cops arrive.
We will need a total of 5 successes to retrieve the box in time.
Only 2 characters can be on the ladder at the same time.
Quote:
These 5 successes are needed, more or less in this sequence:

2 characters at the base of the tower can try this:
-1 Notice success to find a suitable long tool at the base of the tower

1 character max can try this:
-2 Spirit successes for the character that climbs up to reach Alana's level (with the tool). This is to overcome the fear of the great height.

once 2 characters are up top (2 characters max can try this:):
-1 Strength success to hold the character who tries to reach the metal box
-1 Agility success for the trying character to manoeuvre the long tool to reach it - and stay balanced
I will count rounds and tick off successes as they are achieved. Don't spare those bennies!

ROUND 1/3 - SUCCESSES 0/5
Apr 29, 2022 8:28 pm
OOC:
I don't think I can do anything right now, can I? I'll have to wait until someone joins me up top
Apr 29, 2022 9:09 pm
OOC:
that's right. It's too far and too risky even for Al :D
Apr 30, 2022 4:32 am
OOC:
Can I give support to the Spirit roll of whoever climbs up? Calling them chicken should be enough to motivate them
Apr 30, 2022 8:06 am
Hearing both Al and the old couple yell, Logan moves into action. Holding Ripper by the leash, Logan begins to quickly look for an item to help Al.
OOC:
The -1 to Notice will knock his bonus to a +1.

Rolls

Notice & Wild - (1d4+1, 1d6+1, RA)

1d4+1 : (1) + 1 = 2

1d6+1 : (62) + 1 = 9

Apr 30, 2022 8:45 am
Logan hastily walks around in the fenced grounds, checking outbuildings and keeping Ripper close to him on the leash.

He spots a small covered area with a corrugated metal roof. Some loose metal water pipes are propped up against the back wall. Most are as tall as he is, and really thick and heavy, but there are a couple of thinner ones. He selects one that reaches up to his chest, and is not too heavy to lift.
OOC:

Sure, Spirit support sounds good from Al. Roll away, each success will add a +1.

If you want to try the climb in this same round, Johnny has to be the one climbing and rolling Spirit, as Logan played his round already. Free action to grab the pipe from Logan.

BTW the -1 only affects Alana (it's her wound) so Logan and Johnny roll normally. Unless my formatting of the required roll made it confusing, adjusting below.
Quote:

1 Notice success to find a suitable long tool at the base of the tower

2 Spirit successes for the character that climbs up to reach Alana's level (with the tool). This is to overcome the fear of the great height.

1 Strength success to hold the character who tries to reach the metal box
1 Agility success for the trying character to manoeuvre the long tool to reach it - and stay balanced
ROUND 1/3 - SUCCESSES 1/5
(Logan rolled)
Apr 30, 2022 9:22 am
Realizing time is of the essence, Johnny rallies to climb the ladder while Logan retrieves the pipe. Whether they can reach the clue or not, Johnny will have to talk Alana into coming down so he shimmies up the first few rungs of the ladder before grabbing the length of pipe. She's not coming down unless I can convince her, Mister. he said to the old man. Turning to look at the older lady, trying to appeal to her empathy. We really didn't mean to cause any trouble. Let me try to get her to come down before calling the police. At least give her the chance to come down on her own...

Looking up to see the dizzying heights above him, he started his climb with pipe in hand and the clock ticking.

Rolls

Spirit - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

1d6 : (4) = 4

1d6 : (5) = 5

Spirit - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

1d6 : (61) = 7

1d6 : (1) = 1

Apr 30, 2022 10:10 am
OOC:
we need 2 successes, but only one roll per round. I will keep the first Spirit roll of 5, unless Johnny wants to use a benny to justify the second roll.

The second roll being a 7, if Alana's support grants at least a +1, will become an 8, which will give you 2 successes.

Otherwise, the first roll is still good enough for 1 success, and it is still round 1/3.
Apr 30, 2022 11:22 am
OOC:
I think Johnny only has one Benny left but time is of the essence so I'll use the Benny and the two successes.
Apr 30, 2022 11:37 am
OOC:
OK. The 2 successes are only triggered if Al supports with at least a +1. Johnny rolled 7 so far.

Al, roll support please. Each success is a +1 to Johnny's 7 roll.
Apr 30, 2022 12:21 pm
OOC:
What do I roll for support? Probably either Spirit or Persuasion, which are both 1D6

Great, now I have to spend a Benny so Johhny's Benny isnt wasted
Last edited April 30, 2022 12:22 pm

Rolls

1d8-1 : (4) - 1 = 3

1d6-1 : (2) - 1 = 1

1d8-1 : (5) - 1 = 4

1d6-1 : (2) - 1 = 1

Apr 30, 2022 12:23 pm
"Come on! Theres treasure here!", Al calls to Johnny as he begins climbing. "Ghost treasure!"
Apr 30, 2022 12:46 pm
Encouraged by Alana from above, Johnny steels himself focusing just on the ladder, looking up, up, up... Never down.
Staying on the task and concentrating on keeping his hold on the metal pipe, Johnny slowly climbs up on the long cage ladder. He has to be extra careful, only relying on one hand and his feet to climb the endless sequence of rungs.
He eventually reaches all the way to the dizzying height where Alana is, just below the belly of the water tank.

Logan shields his eyes, seeing his friends up above him and hoping they'll be careful. Ripper is craning her neck too, uneasily whining in discomfort, seeing Alana so far away.
OOC:

Quote:

1 Notice success to find a suitable long tool at the base of the tower

2 Spirit successes for the character that climbs up to reach Alana's level (with the tool). This is to overcome the fear of the great height.

1 Strength success to hold the character who tries to reach the metal box
1 Agility success for the trying character to manoeuvre the long tool to reach it - and stay balanced
New round begins, this is going pretty well.

ROUND 2/3 - SUCCESSES 3/5

Apr 30, 2022 12:52 pm
Al grabs the metal rod from Johnny in a maneuver that feels far too dangerous so high up. "Hold me! If I fall, my ghost will haunt you forever!"

There's a quiver in her voice, even as she acts tough. Then she reaches for the box with the rod, trying to push it down. "Catch it, Logan!"
OOC:
I went spend now. We still have another round so if I fail again, then I'll use a Benny. Unless I fall off because of Johnny
Last edited April 30, 2022 12:53 pm

Rolls

Strength - (1d4, 1d6, RA)

1d4 : (2) = 2

1d6 : (3) = 3

load next

Thread locked