OOC Thread

load previous

Len

Jul 11, 2022 2:42 am
No worries WarDomo! Thanks for the update.

KCC

Jul 14, 2022 12:39 am
Thanks for the game, WarDomo. I reckon I’m going to step away now! Had a fun time exploring an elven fighter (though she never did swing her weapon!)

I appreciate you taking this thing on! Thanks again!
Jul 14, 2022 9:03 am
I am also going to pack up and have Askiena ride off into the dark.

Thanks!
Jul 14, 2022 6:30 pm
Fair enough. Thanks for playing. Catch you in the next game :)
Jul 20, 2022 12:59 pm
Can you all see the Group 1 and Group 2 sheets at the bottom?
Jul 20, 2022 5:27 pm
Aw, Doraval has some feels!
Jul 20, 2022 10:37 pm
nezzeraj says:
no like under the quick reply, where you can see your character sheets
Jul 20, 2022 11:24 pm
WarDomo says:
nezzeraj says:
no like under the quick reply, where you can see your character sheets
Yes I can see both groups.
Jul 30, 2022 2:31 pm
I'm having the hardest time getting into this game. It looks like we just had unbelievably bad luck (not to mention our poor decisions), but the system seems quite brutal for the types of characters it encourages. In addition, our group ended up without any chemistry (from my perspective). I think I'm going to drop out, but feel free to keep Viognu and Viera around until the next town if you want. Thanks for running this! And best of luck everyone!

Len

Jul 31, 2022 6:12 am
I think that calls it then. WarDomo, I enjoyed living on the edge of death for this adventure, thanks for running it. Hope to play with all of you again in the future!
Jul 31, 2022 1:07 pm
I would say that the game seems to be impossibly brutal, sometimes for futile reasons. The Scout check to walk in the dark, and having 3 quarters of darkenss a day, having to roll to make camp... it seems punishing for no reason.
I wouldn't say the team had no chemistry, but it sure wasn't the best fit.

Thanks WarDomo foru running it and thanks all for playing!
Jul 31, 2022 1:40 pm
In fairness to the game, dangerous travel and exploration are absolutely central themes. The PCs are rogues and raiders, not heroes. I will say that the game provides the GM with a bunch of great tools, but lacks or is ambiguous in some areas that can make it hard to really launch well. I think tying the PCs together with a bit of light backstory helps a lot, but then need time to actually bond a bit -- and the mechanics don't necessarily allow for that.

Regardless, fun was had -- thanks for running two games, WarDomo!
Jul 31, 2022 2:15 pm
Rogues and raiders, I get... but having to roll to forage water in an hex with a river... feels like the PCs are barely competent. I totally get dying fighting a death knight because we rushed in with almost no plan. I get the deployment of resources. But my character was broken by 1 bad scouting roll and a swarm of mosquitoes. Feels too much, considering the very death-spiraly nature of the system.
Aug 1, 2022 10:44 am
A few thoughts:

Sad to see the game go, I personally enjoyed the group being punished for excavating a tomb while having some of us broken or at the verge of breaking.

I agree with Aironfabio on the "get water" roll, that does seem a bit unnecessary. However I enjoyed all of the other aspects of the game, including the brutal exploration.

I was looking forward to the group finding out that Mac was not just a healer, but in fact a man who has killed his whole family in cold blood and was now using the group as a means of protecting himself and hiding from authorities. Oh the fun we could have had with that!

Anyways, assuming you all wish to end this, I thank you for the game. I enjoyed it greatly and hope to play with ya some other time!
Aug 1, 2022 11:18 am
Yeah, there are parts of this game that I like, and things I don't. If I run this again in the future, I definitely will start during a time of year with more sunlight :)

Thank you everyone for giving it a shot with me and I did enjoy a lot of what we had in this game and your characters. I also appreciate your patience with me as I was trying to figure out this new system.

See you all in the next game!
Aug 1, 2022 12:29 pm
for what it's worth, I personally feel this game has been a clear win, it really did illustrate strength and weaknesses of the system. Thanks again!
Aug 1, 2022 6:44 pm
Last comment -- the GM of course has leeway to bend things this way and that. Being slavish to the rules can produce weird rules. (Not saying you are, WarDomo.)

Take your water example: those are large hexes. 10km wide. In the narrative, were you described as camping near the water? In my own game, when the players do that not only do they not roll water as a resource, they refill to d12.

But it's a game with a lot of structure and it takes some playing to figure out what feels right. Once you get there -- I personally really dig it.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.