Character Generation

Apr 10, 2022 1:07 pm
I have created a Forbidden Lands custom character sheet for you all to use, it greatly simplifies the rolls. Please ask questions if you're not sure how to fill it out.

Create your characters as per the Player's Handbook rules. Alternatively, for a little more random table goodness, you can also use the Legends & Adventurer's character generation rules. Here's a link to a perchance randomizer that will do the leg work for you. That randomizer gives you a Young character, if you want to continue on to an Adult (and/or Elf), you will need to randomize more formative events and adjust the character from there.

I'm not aware of any homebrew content, but I am generally inclined to not include any homebrew character options. I will never say never, but it would have to be a pretty convincing argument.

As a group, we will collectively decide on a starting location and we will use the characters to inform that decision.

Though this is an OSR style game. The setting has a rich history with various factions. Part of the game is discovering these elements whilst not dying. I will endeavor to have your choice of Kin impact social situations so consider that in addition to mechanics when generating your character.

Current Character Information
Group 1
PlayerKinProfessionLocation
cowleycDwarfPeddler
AironfabioDwarfFighter
LenDwarfSorcerer
seifiHalf-ElfDruidHargan Wastes
Squadfather44HumanHunterAilander

Group 2
C1NDERHumanDruid
HarriganHumanRogueAilander
KCCElfFighter
nezzerajGoblinRider
RageRedHumanHunterAilander
Apr 11, 2022 1:49 pm
So we submit an already built character, we don't CharGen together?
Apr 11, 2022 1:51 pm
I encourage you to discuss, but, if you already have something in mind, feel free to propose that. Once we have more concepts floating around we'll see how the groups form. If there's not a natural grouping, I may just randomly assign.
Apr 11, 2022 3:33 pm
Last edited July 5, 2022 5:37 am
Apr 11, 2022 3:34 pm
Looks awesome at first glance didn't check all the numbers yet, just make sure she is a starting character with no experience
Apr 11, 2022 3:37 pm
I'll double check on the experience
Apr 11, 2022 4:44 pm
[ +- ] Mac the Disillusioned
I do love the idea of a former ghost child who tries to find his self worth through healing others. Perhaps I would trade the Sleight of Hand for Healing in order to reflect this.

Also if there is anyone interested, I would be happy to intertwine backstories!
Apr 11, 2022 4:52 pm
seifi says:
[ +- ] Mac the Disillusioned
I do love the idea of a former ghost child who tries to find his self worth through healing others. Perhaps I would trade the Sleight of Hand for Healing in order to reflect this.

Also if there is anyone interested, I would be happy to intertwine backstories!
Let me figure out what character I'm going to play. I'm definitely up for connecting characters
Last edited April 11, 2022 4:53 pm
Apr 11, 2022 6:54 pm
I added a character tracker to the top of the thread. I will update as people mention/revise concepts
Apr 11, 2022 7:30 pm
I may go with a classic fighter - human or dwarven most likely. Some former soldier tired of risking his skin for someone else's glory.

Len

Apr 11, 2022 8:42 pm
I'm also thinking of a fighter. Old male human Ailander fighter. A grizzled veteran type.
[ +- ] Harding Grimm
Apr 11, 2022 9:40 pm
This is a lot of humans!
Apr 11, 2022 9:50 pm
What does the group honestly need in it? I was thinking of a Fighter, but it looks like we already have 2 or 3.
Apr 11, 2022 9:52 pm
You had mentioned considering a hunter, and though there's already one, we were going to split in two groups. That would likely be a good option.
Apr 11, 2022 10:07 pm
Yeah if we have "too many" of one type of character we can divide the groups up. I don't know how important having a balanced group is in this game. Maybe other players who have more experience have some insight here.

Len

Apr 11, 2022 10:21 pm
I can switch it up. Let me look over the other options.

Len

Apr 12, 2022 4:09 am
I think I'll go with an Adult Dwarf Male Sorcerer instead, focused on the Stone Song as well as crafting.
[ +- ] Hargrimm the Thought Hammer
Submitted Hargrimm the Thought-Hammer. I haven't finished looking the sheet over yet in full detail, but it gives people a good idea of what I'm going for.
Last edited April 12, 2022 5:25 am

KCC

Apr 12, 2022 4:28 am
Very nice concepts!
Apr 12, 2022 6:53 am
I'll go with a Young Dwarf Fighter, former blacksmith, high Crafting.

Work and toil every day of your life, to make a tiny piece of a world that you will then shun and refuse to explore. That doesn’t sound right to Baltzhar. Like most dwarves, he takes pride in building something properly, but by all the gods, if he makes it, he gets to enjoy it. His first well-made warhammer was fresh out of the forge and the sullen smith apprentice had absconded with it, ready to use it to carve a fortune for himself.

Baltzhar takes great pride in his own equipment, keeps it well-maintained and free of rust. His black beard and hair are a bit shorter than those of most dwarves, as a sign of rebellion from tradition. He is generally a good time to be around, if you can get past his greediness.

EDIT - rolls:
Last edited April 12, 2022 7:17 am

Rolls

silver - (1d6)

(4) = 4

food - (1d8)

(2) = 2

water - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Apr 12, 2022 7:32 am
I'm waiting to see what settles out and might develop something in concert with KCC, but I've got ideas for various combinations of human, orc, wolfkin and half-elf, with professions ranging from druid, rider, fighter, rogue, and sorcerer. Lots of ideas. Will pitch a couple as they crystalize.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.