Character Generation

load previous

KCC

Apr 14, 2022 3:43 am
Submitted my elf! All that remains to be done is gear!
Apr 14, 2022 4:14 am
My character has the Bowyer talent. Instead of starting with my full money, can I reduce my starting money by material cost and 'pre-emptively' craft a short bow for myself?

Len

Apr 14, 2022 4:20 am
Rolling for silver.
Last edited April 14, 2022 4:20 am

Rolls

Hi ho silver, away! - (1d8)

(1) = 1

Apr 14, 2022 4:31 am
KCC says:
Submitted my elf! All that remains to be done is gear!
Could you give us a peek at the connections between your elf and Harrigan's rogue? Trying to piece ideas together for our group's relationships and cohesion.
Apr 14, 2022 5:20 am
Right, sorry to be tardy here. Busy, busy day at work (as usual, lately) and loads to catch up on with you busy lot. About to name and build my PC, but before that, a couple of comments about the developing group 2 dynamic...

o Bear in mind the Blood Mist was in place for three hundred years. Cutting off most travel and trade, exploration, etc. Perhaps Finar's disappearance is tied to him exploring the newly mist-free lands, rather than the mist itself?

o I think WarDomo is going with the default timeline from the books, which is 1065 -- five years after the mists faded.

o My PC (Ashia, Ah-shee-ah) will, like all good Ailanders, loathe the Rust Brothers. Fears and hates them.

o Dig Ashia and Askiena being raised together / like family.

About Ashia
Ashia was a quiet and suspicious child, the kind of girl who always felt like she wasn't being told the truth by the adults. She could find her way anywhere, slipping into any tent or lodge she pleased, climbing trees and walls with ease, blending into shadows and stepping across the most pristine surfaces without leaving a trace. She longed to see the outside world and seized the opportunity when a Raven Sister visited the village -- leading both Ashia and her younger and much more trusting sister Vetta away, ostensibly to be trained and brought into the sisterhood.

When Ashia returned, (years later?) she was without Vetta and would not speak of what became of her, or their training.

More to come, connecting to KCC's elf during that period, perhaps?

Off to build her.
Apr 14, 2022 6:09 am
Coinage!
OOC:
Sadness.
Last edited April 14, 2022 6:10 am

Rolls

Silver - (1d10)

(2) = 2

Apr 14, 2022 6:15 am
@RageRed, how old is Askiena?

Might change my PC's name to give you a little more room and be a bit more distinct.
Last edited April 14, 2022 6:15 am
Apr 14, 2022 6:34 am
Mawkhauser was a member of a mounted goblin clan that roamed the plains of Belifar on tamed wolves. During a skirmish a year ago, Mawkhauser was gravely wounded and left for dead. He was found by a sympathetic halfling family and nursed back to health. Too ashamed to go back to his clan, and also feeling excited at the chance to explore the world, Mawkhauser searched for others with a similar mindset to join him and his wolf mount, Kenkaizer, to explore the secrets of the land. He still visits the halfling family regularly whenever he is nearby.

Edit: this may change.
Last edited April 14, 2022 7:01 am
Apr 14, 2022 6:43 am
I'm getting a bit lost trying to find each PC's description and coming up with a relationship... should we make a separate thread for each group dedicated to relationship building?
Apr 14, 2022 6:45 am
Aironfabio says:
I'm getting a bit lost trying to find each PC's description and coming up with a relationship... should we make a separate thread for each group dedicated to relationship building?
Agreed.

KCC

Apr 14, 2022 7:04 am
Yes! Let’s say farewell to eachother here!
Apr 14, 2022 7:36 am
Last edited July 5, 2022 5:42 am
Apr 14, 2022 9:30 am
Harrigan says:

o Bear in mind the Blood Mist was in place for three hundred years. Cutting off most travel and trade, exploration, etc. Perhaps Finar's disappearance is tied to him exploring the newly mist-free lands, rather than the mist itself?...

My thought was more that he may have left to investigate/learn why the Blood Mist disappeared, versus investigating the Blood Mist itself. I find the mystery behind that intriguing. That doesn't mean it's the only reason, and he he may have gone to explore the newly-explorable lands, or been captured / taken, or any combination of those things.
RageRed says:
@Harrigan, @C1NDER, Now that I am at my computer, I have discovered that Askiena is actually 26, not 24. Sorry for the misinformation.
No worries - we're the same age then!

Among his other skills, my druid is a bowyer. It would make sense that he learned the trade from Finar (his master), who may have helped supply such weapons to the Raven Sisters / local hunters.

Does anyone know, does the setting support a druid living in village, or would it make more sense if they lived on the outskirts of town / more isolated?
Last edited April 14, 2022 9:31 am
Apr 14, 2022 1:59 pm
They would have to live somewhere that the blood mist didn't get to. I don't see a problem with a druid living in a village. The blood mist only came out at night so, depending on the time of year, you would be able to travel about half a day away from the village before having to return.

RE: investigating the blood mist. That can tie in with the Rust Brothers because it appears they were able to travel through the Blood Mist unscathed.
Apr 14, 2022 7:50 pm
how close together are villages typically? is it reasonable that, during the time of the Blood Mist, two villages would be close enough to trade with one another?
Apr 14, 2022 7:57 pm
I'm sure there could be. To survive the blood mist you'd have to be able to get there in half a day (depending on time of year). You can conceivably travel across open terrain at 2 hexes per quarter day. 3 with a horse. You can do the math from there

KCC

Apr 17, 2022 12:27 pm
Silver

Rolls

Silver - (1d6)

(2) = 2

Apr 18, 2022 4:54 pm
Roll for silver, food and water
Last edited April 19, 2022 9:09 pm

Rolls

Silver - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Food - (1d8)

(1) = 1

Water - (1d8)

(7) = 7

You do not have permission to post in this thread.