Some Weirdo Introduces Themself to You. Roll Init!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 16, 2022 1:00 pm
Hey there, fellow gamers. Long time roleplayer and Forever DM™ here looking for something fresh. I figured, "Hey, why not give this online gaming thing a whirl and see how it goes?"

So about me: I was first introduced to roleplaying by my dad with the AD&D 2nd Edition starter box set when I was just a wee lad, and from there the rest is history. I've run the gamut from D&D to Mekton Zeta to Rolemaster and Vampire and beyond, and have more often than not found myself in the GM/DM/ST seat for the majority of my gaming career. Telling stories and making the players feel awesome has always been something I've taken great pride in, and though a few campaigns have had more downs than ups, I like to think I've done my duty to broaden the hobby as a whole by bringing it to new or inexperienced players. That being said, I've finally wrapped up the last of my campaigns, and I'm ready to move on to my next venture.

Though I have plans in the works for my next couple of games and one-shots, I'm taking a step back from the IRL DM seat for a time to recover and see about maybe bringing some of those ideas here. Heck, maybe I'll even get a chance to play for a change! Admittedly, I've been lurking here for a few weeks, and as strange as it might sound, I'm actually excited for what appears to be a slower-paced medium. Life, as with all things, takes its toll, so I'm genuinely looking forward to not being on-the-spot when it comes to making decisions at the table and can have some time to mull things over before pulling the proverbial trigger.

My interests haven't waned much, though I do find myself gravitating further from the crunchier systems of my youth and towards more simple, streamline tabletop games. Though my heart still belongs to the ol' d20 Systems, I've taken some interest in the various Powered by the Apocalypse games (I'm looking at you, Dungeon World and Masks!), the Cypher System, Cthulhu Dark, Quest and Feng Shui.

Anywho! Excited to be here! Looking forward to building worlds, telling stories, and getting a chance to stretch my imagination here on the forums.
Apr 16, 2022 1:07 pm
Welcome, DreamWaffle!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

I also run a beginner's game as a quick introduction to GamersPlane and play-by-post, if you're interested.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Apr 16, 2022 1:07 pm
Welcome DreamWaffle! I'm sure most of those wish list games get played here (except perhaps Feng Shui which I'm meaning the run again soon). Hope you find a great game.

If you have any questions about anything, send us a note and we'll steer you right.
Apr 16, 2022 2:01 pm
Welcome to the community, @DreamWaffle!

Len

Apr 16, 2022 8:56 pm
Welcome to the community, DreamWaffle!
Apr 17, 2022 1:06 am
Welcome to GP, DreamWaffle! Great intro, looking forward to playing with you. And yeah! to Cthulhu Dark and Quest! I maintain Quest is one of the best games I've ever seen to introduce people to the hobby...

You do not have permission to post in this thread.