Welcome and Character Creation

Apr 17, 2022 6:51 pm
Hey there,

We will be using this thread to create characters and decide on your relationships.
Please introduce yourselves to each other and if you already have an idea for your character, feel free to share it here!
Apr 20, 2022 1:24 pm
Step one of character creation is to pick one of the Types ("classes"), which should also serve to help with coming up with a basic concept for your character.
No two players can use the same type. I'll post the names and blurbs here and you can pick. We'll go from there when everyone knows what Type they want to be.
[ +- ] Bookworm
[ +- ] Computer Geek
[ +- ] Hick
[ +- ] Jock
[ +- ] Popular Kid
[ +- ] Rocker
[ +- ] Troublemaker
[ +- ] Weirdo

I would also like to make this game public. Let me know if you're alright with that. If not, totally fine.
Apr 20, 2022 1:42 pm
Hello! I'm fine with the game being public, and I'd be happy to write up a "Weirdo" for the game. Does anyone else have a preference?
Apr 20, 2022 3:40 pm
Hi! Thanks for having me! I'd like to play the Bookworm (which won't require much roleplaying, TBH, because that blurb perfectly describes me IRL). I've read the rules, and played a little bit some years ago, but must confess I don't have a firm grasp so I hope you won't mind me pestering you with questions. I don't mind the game being public.
Last edited April 20, 2022 3:42 pm
Apr 20, 2022 3:41 pm
Pester away, you pest 😋
Apr 20, 2022 3:51 pm
Hi and thank you for the invite. I'm looking forward to playing with you all.

I'll be a computer geek because I actually know how to save a program on a tape from a Commander 64 😀
It is the early 90s late 80s, right?
I'm ok with the game being public.
Last edited April 20, 2022 3:52 pm
Apr 20, 2022 3:54 pm
Late 80s I believe. Which is fun because I was actually 13 12 in '86.
Last edited April 20, 2022 5:12 pm
Apr 20, 2022 4:49 pm
Yes, mid to late eighties. Which is fun, because I wasn't even born then 😄
Apr 20, 2022 6:00 pm
I was a kid in the late 80s. 5-6 in 1986, so a bit younger than the characters here.
Apr 20, 2022 11:20 pm
Hi all, really pleased to be in on this one ;)

Thinking I’m going to go with the Rocker…..I was 6/7 in 86 so my musical tastes weren’t quite there yet back then but I did end up that way a bit later on :)

Oh and I’m fine with the game being public
Last edited April 20, 2022 11:20 pm
Apr 21, 2022 12:19 pm
Looking good so far. @therecusant, any thoughts on your Type yet?
Apr 21, 2022 4:34 pm
…sorry for the delay, I hadn’t subscribed to the forum - sorted now.

I had in mind a geeky kid with a passion for computers (C64 and ZX Spectrum) and AD&D, but this might be a but too close to @Stefron. Further, we seem to to have a preference for "Art-ies" over "Heart-ies", so why don’t I have a bash at playing one of TROUBLEMAKER, POPULAR KID, or JOCK? Whoever may want any of those roles, go-ahead and I’ll pick from what’s left.

Thanks for the invite GM, looking forward to playing with all you weirdos and creeps ;-)
Apr 21, 2022 4:54 pm
I've set myself up with a custom character sheet, but using the TFtL template. Does that sound right/OK?
Apr 21, 2022 5:11 pm
therecusant says:
...looking forward to playing with all you weirdos and creeps ;-)
Same here!
Phil_Ozzy_Fer says:
I've set myself up with a custom character sheet, but using the TFtL template. Does that sound right/OK?
I did the same.
Apr 21, 2022 5:41 pm
TftL template sounds right. Here's a link to the sheet, taken from the repository thread.
[ +- ] Tales from the Loop
I think if you click the included link, it should lead you to creating a character sheet for the system.

From what I can see at the moment, we have:

Phil_Ozzy_Fer: Weirdo
Jabes: Bookworm
Stefron: Computer Geek
mcneils: Rocker
therecusant: Troublemaker, Popular Kid or Jock

There doesn't seem to be any overlap, so, @therecusant, if you decide on one Type, I'll be able to post all of your options for the next step of Character Creation. Either of what you picked so far will be fine.
Apr 21, 2022 5:44 pm
hmmm.... eeney meeney miney mo ... Super-JOCK's the way to go
Apr 22, 2022 7:12 am
Awesome, then you can get started on the next steps of character creation.
[ +- ] Age
[ +- ] Attributes
[ +- ] Luck Points
[ +- ] Skills
For your Types, the Key Skills are:

Bookworm: calculate, investigate, comprehend
Computer Geek: calculate, program, comprehend
Jock: force, move, contact
Rocker: move, charm, empathize
Weirdo: sneak, investigate, empathize
Apr 22, 2022 5:10 pm
Bowl, did you want us to submit our characters so that you can see what we're doing we work our way through the process?
Apr 22, 2022 5:31 pm
Yes, go ahead and submit them already. Can't hurt
Apr 22, 2022 5:41 pm
GM, which Loop are we basing the mystery at - Sweden or US?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.