Ask Me Anything: Qralloq

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Apr 27, 2022 1:17 am
Adam says:
As the most prolific GPer you've been asked to organise the first GP convention. You have to make decisions and delegate tasks to GPers.

Where do we meet? Which GPer does the catering? Who designs the invites? Who chooses the music? Who decorates the venue? Etc.

(It's a fantasy convention so real life constraints like money don't apply).
We meet in international waters, as that $&%^ will get Wild! It started as a joke, but the donations toward the venue were lackluster, so we ended up renting a Tunisian commercial fishing trawler, the Caragonaklak.

@Moofsalot and @Jabes.plays.RPG volunteered to cook but again, given the small budget, they were left with creating a feast of surplus Korean War era twinkies that @Cancerman found on Ebay, and an assortment of baps and rolls brought by team UK (@Lightofmidnight), which remained in the crate for fear that they were Scottish baps and we'd all be accused of horrendous things.

@Adam designed the invitations, by way of an eighty second long posh Youtube video that somehow implied that we would be having a party at sea and would likely make port in Neverwinter.

The music was chosen by committee of Admin/redshirts, which meant that nobody chose anything and we had to suffer through @Antiproduct's mp3s which to universal chagrin were 50% Slipknot.

Decorations were done by @Keleth, who signed up for several community college courses on advanced decoupage, but didn't go so we had to hang surplus posters for Blue Man Group that @The_Librarian found last minute at a Rhode Island Army/Navy Surplus store.
Apr 27, 2022 5:11 am
Please make this happen! 🤣
Apr 27, 2022 5:36 am
Fantastic!
Apr 27, 2022 7:12 am
That's inaccurate. But I'll allow it.
Apr 28, 2022 10:05 am
They were old recruitment poster props from various scifi military movies that the guy didn't realize were props. The blue man group one came from the convention center. But at least I got some posters.
Apr 28, 2022 10:11 am
That all sounds far too organised for GPers.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.