First time PbP player, hi all!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 22, 2022 2:05 am
Heya everyone! I'm Joey.

I've been playing TTRPGs for a while, mostly GMing for D&D5e and recently for Pathfinder 2e. But I've never had a PbP experience and I'm excited to give it a shot!

I have absolutely no expectations/experience when it comes to what a PbP game should look or feel like, so I'm excited to try and out and see how I enjoy it. From what I've seen so far, y'all seem like a friendly approachable community :)

I very much enjoy learning new systems and playing in different genres of games, so I don't think I'd be able to say I have a "favorite" of either of those. Just excited to try new things! Any recommendations or tips for a first timer are always appreciated of course. Thanks!
Apr 22, 2022 2:14 am
Welcome, Joey! You shouldn't have any trouble finding a 5e or Pf game here. You're also in the right place if you want to try new systems. Are you interested in other genres than fantasy? Nothing against it, just curious!
Apr 22, 2022 2:30 am
Welcome, Joey!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

I also run a beginner's game as a quick introduction to GamersPlane and play-by-post, if you're interested.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Apr 22, 2022 2:36 am
Welcome Aboard!
Apr 22, 2022 2:46 am
Well Met and glad to meet you :)
Apr 22, 2022 2:53 am
SavageBob says:
Welcome, Joey! You shouldn't have any trouble finding a 5e or Pf game here. You're also in the right place if you want to try new systems. Are you interested in other genres than fantasy? Nothing against it, just curious!
You know, I haven't had much experience with non-fantasy RPGs! Add that to the list of things I'd love to try.
Apr 22, 2022 3:02 am
YourFriendJoey says:
SavageBob says:
You know, I haven't had much experience with non-fantasy RPGs! Add that to the list of things I'd love to try.
Any games or genres in particular you're wanting to try? We might be able to point you in the right direction to try something new.
Apr 22, 2022 3:09 am
Hello and welcome!
Apr 22, 2022 3:09 am
Welcome to GP!
Apr 22, 2022 3:19 am
Hello and welcome!

Len

Apr 22, 2022 4:50 am
Welcome to the community, Joey!
Apr 22, 2022 10:12 am
Welcome to the community, Joey!
Apr 22, 2022 9:58 pm
Welcome to GP!
Apr 22, 2022 10:23 pm
YourFriendJoey says:
Heya everyone! I'm Joey.
I have absolutely no expectations/experience when it comes to what a PbP game should look or feel like, so I'm excited to try and out and see how I enjoy it. From what I've seen so far, y'all seem like a friendly approachable community :)
Hi Friend Joey!

I have played on several boards for more than a decade. I would say that the PbP experience here is the best I've ever seen - the enthusiasm, responsiveness, and writing among players are great, and the interface is really well done with a lot of cool features. This place might spoil you for others ...
Apr 22, 2022 10:48 pm
Welcome to the party pal!
Apr 23, 2022 12:26 am
Welcome to GP!
Apr 23, 2022 6:12 am
Hey buddy. To get a better idea of how PbP works, maybe take a look at the public games. Seeing a game really helped me when I first arrived.

Here's The Wild Beyond the Witchlight.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.