Long-time listener; first-time poster

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 23, 2022 4:38 am
Hey all, I have just begun PbP in November with two DCC games. I played AD&D back in the 80s but only recently got back into TTRPGs. I resisted PbP because I thought that I’d lose something. Wow, was I wrong! The quality of RP is way better than IRL.
Anyway, I’m just now reading and learning about how to GM a game here and finding the tutorials super helpful. I think I’ll play a few more different types of games before running my own game but I’m loving DCC so I’d like to see more of it on here.
Apr 23, 2022 4:52 am
Welcome, Darkstar!

If you've been around here for a while, a lot of this might not be news to you, but here's some links anyway, in case they're helpful:

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

I also run a beginner's game as a quick introduction to GamersPlane and play-by-post, if you're interested.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Apr 23, 2022 5:26 am
Glad you found GamersPlane! I think during the recent COVID craziness, PbP has been a great boon to roleplayers everywhere.
Apr 23, 2022 5:57 am
bowlofspinach says:
Welcome, Darkstar!

If you've been around here for a while, a lot of this might not be news to you, but here's some links anyway, in case they're helpful:

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

I also run a beginner's game as a quick introduction to GamersPlane and play-by-post, if you're interested.

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Thank you! In fact, I used the link you posted for another newcomer to find this introduction thread. You are most helpful, good sir!
Apr 23, 2022 6:00 am
Thx @cancerman and @witchdoctor!
Apr 23, 2022 6:06 am
Quote:
Thank you! In fact, I used the link you posted for another newcomer to find this introduction thread. You are most helpful, good sir!
Not a sir, but you're welcome 😄
Apr 23, 2022 6:10 am
Hi Darkstar8.

Great avatar - very old school.

Len

Apr 23, 2022 6:13 am
Darkstar8 says:
I resisted PbP because I thought that I’d lose something. Wow, was I wrong! The quality of RP is way better than IRL.
Totally agree Darkstar. Great to have you in the community and good luck with your first of many games as a GM!
Apr 23, 2022 9:18 am
Welcome to the community, @Darkstar8!
Apr 23, 2022 12:38 pm
Welcome Darkstar8. I think DCC is growing on people and I hope you find a great game to join.
Apr 23, 2022 4:27 pm
bowlofspinach says:
Quote:
Not a sir, but you're welcome 😄
[face palm] apologies for not checking your pic😳
Apr 23, 2022 4:42 pm
Pics can be deceiving anyway. No worries 😄

(Psst, I have a suspicion Jabes isn't actually a Beholder)
Apr 23, 2022 5:51 pm
Adam says:
Hi Darkstar8.

Great avatar - very old school.
It’s actually drawn by an artist I found on Instagram but then ran into at the renaissance faire! His name is Michael Hsiung
Apr 24, 2022 4:46 am
Official welcome, Darkstar8, though we've been playing a while in one of those DCC games!
Apr 24, 2022 12:15 pm
Welcome, familiar stranger! lol
Apr 25, 2022 2:42 am
We're all happy you've come to play!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.