Why hello

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Apr 25, 2022 8:42 am
Hey everybody,

I'm Phophos / Marx (they/them)! I'm a long-time play-by-poster and friend of Harrigan, Dirigible, and no doubt some others who are here. I'm an indie tabletop roleplaying game enthusiast; I play games, I write & edit games, and I'm an interview podcaster for Yes Indie'd Pod. I'm also a member of the Far Horizons CoOp and the organiser for the in*die zine.

I'm mostly interested in playing short experiences, usually in the story game tradition (but I'm open to most stuff). I don't have tonnes of time but I'm super keen to get back into PbP after a little while off the horse.

Pleased to meet you all!

Marx //
Apr 25, 2022 9:34 am
Welcome :)
Apr 25, 2022 9:43 am
Welcome to the community, @Phophos!
Apr 25, 2022 10:15 am
Welcome Aboard!
Apr 25, 2022 12:21 pm
Welcome Phophos.
Apr 25, 2022 12:23 pm
Welcome, Phophos!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

And I saw you already found the discord, so no link for you!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Apr 25, 2022 12:28 pm
Welcome to GP!
Apr 25, 2022 1:46 pm
Welcome!
Apr 25, 2022 1:51 pm
Hi Marx, welcome to GP!

Thanks for the interview recommendations on discord. I enjoyed the James D'Amato interview, and I'll definitely check out the other two that you mentioned. I really like pbta, so I'm particularly interested to listen to the Vincent Baker one.

Do you have a favorite indie game system for playing a game with emphasis on story telling? Is that what you'll be looking to play now, or are you hoping to play something new?
Apr 25, 2022 2:02 pm
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the bright and joyful welcome. It's feeling like a nice community already - glad I followed the recommendation.
Chalrytharendir says:
Hi Marx, welcome to GP!

Thanks for the interview recommendations on discord. I enjoyed the James D'Amato interview, and I'll definitely check out the other two that you mentioned. I really like pbta, so I'm particularly interested to listen to the Vincent Baker one.

Do you have a favorite indie game system for playing a game with emphasis on story telling? Is that what you'll be looking to play now, or are you hoping to play something new?
With an emphasis on storytelling? I think my current favourite (which has been that way for a long time, TBH) is Heart of the Deernicorn's Fall of Magic. I'd be very up to play that again as I'm eagerly anticipating the arrival of the followup City of Winter. But, I'm equally happy to explore new spaces!

I used to GM a lot but I have less time to do so nowadays...
Apr 25, 2022 2:06 pm
Are you familiar with the Wildsea? Might be something up your alley
Apr 25, 2022 3:32 pm
Welcome !
Apr 25, 2022 4:06 pm
Welcome!

Len

Apr 25, 2022 7:16 pm
Welcome to the community, Marx!
Apr 26, 2022 2:26 am
Right on, Marx / Phophos, you made it! Glad you're here -- it'll take you a minute to orient on how things work vs. TK, but it's a great community here. Just keep your eyes peeled for games that might be of interest...
Apr 26, 2022 2:41 am
Howdy!
Apr 26, 2022 3:16 am
Hello!
Apr 26, 2022 5:28 pm
Hello and welcome!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.