[Closed] The Age of Shadow

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 3, 2022 9:58 pm
I've just started a new game using The Age of Shadow (based on Open Quest). I'm looking for between 4 to 6 players.

Optional rules used will be minimal, mostly drafted by the creator of the game himself. Like oaths, halflings, extra Skill Points, variant Combat Order, and a bit more equipment.
Last edited May 22, 2022 2:17 pm
May 4, 2022 12:31 am
I love the concept of this game. Lord of the Rings without all the baggage of intellectual property and predefined plots.

I'll be watching this one and hope you find a good crew.
May 4, 2022 8:54 am
I don't know The Age of Shadow (just downloaded the PDF), but I am a big BRP fan and have been wanting to try OpenQuest for a long time. Count me as interested.
May 4, 2022 4:43 pm
Welcome aboard kwll
May 6, 2022 10:31 pm
Just a quick up. I have two payers so far. I'd need at least another 2 players.
May 6, 2022 11:30 pm
Would you mind an absolute newbie to both OpenQuest and Age of Shadows? :D
And would it be a problem for you as a GM if I wish to make a mostly randomly generated character (backstory, personality and motivations aside)?

I adore messing with random character generation, and this system looks like it has good options for it; so I figured this might be my chance! :)
May 6, 2022 11:40 pm
No problems at all. The game is simple enough to be newbie friendly (it's even more simple than regular Open Quest).

As for background, it is left vague enough to introduce your own elements. I suspect this was done so each individual GMs to make the setting their own. Now I can write all the lore I want, but I can't force my players to care about it. However, if I let my players participate in the lore creation, then I greatly increase my chances of the players feeling immersed by it since some of it will be their own...

That reminds me, I should probably make a Lore/Lore Creation thread in my game just for that purpose.
May 7, 2022 12:13 am
I'm interested in jumping into this game. I'm no stranger to d100 games, though I haven't played OpenQuest. And I'm a quick study.
May 7, 2022 12:35 am
Welcome aboard! I'll send you an invite.
May 19, 2022 8:36 pm
I've never played OpenQuest before. If you're still recruiting, though, I'd love to play a ranger-type character.
May 19, 2022 8:57 pm
If you're still looking for players, I unfortunately have no experience with OpenQuest, but I'm willing to learn and would love to play.
May 21, 2022 1:40 am
I wanna join . Hit me.
May 22, 2022 1:22 am
Sounds like an epic game to be a cavalier in. Let's do this!
May 22, 2022 2:17 pm
Oh wow, I thought that this was it, and when my thread moved on to page 2 I never expected more people to show interest... That's what I get for not thinking it was worth closing...

Okay, here's the problem, I have 2 spot left open for my game. I can take 2 of you right now, the other 2 will have to wait. I can put you up on a waiting list if I ever have a player drop out for whatever reason. Sounds fair? I'll also proceed in order of who showed interest first, so @Unacceptableusername and @Habsazin, I'll send you invites, unless you'd rather give your place to someone else and be on the waiting list.
As for @Uglyrob and @Jomsviking, I'll be putting your names on the waiting list unless I hear from Unacceptable or Habsazin first.

And okay, I think I'll be closing this now...

Edit: Oh, btw, for those interested, the pdf can be downloaded for free here.
Last edited May 22, 2022 2:29 pm
May 27, 2022 1:34 am
@Uglyrob: Are you with us man? I sent you a PM a few days ago telling you I accepted your application. Perhaps you missed it...
Jun 5, 2022 1:36 am
Alright, so I haven't heard about Uglyrob for a while, so I sent an invite to Jomsviking instead. Welcome aboard!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.