Chapter 5: Outside the Clovers Facility

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous

KCC

May 10, 2022 1:24 am
Jesus!

Henry’s eyes go wide as the gun gets thrown about in their faces. He felt for the man… really. But he was a threat.

While the others try to calm him down, Henry waits for a moment when the gun wasn’t aimed at him, and then pounces.

He tries to tackle to Officer, and wrestle the gun from his grip.
OOC:
Not sure if it’s force or move! I’ll roll both? And DM can pick the one they would use!
Last edited May 10, 2022 1:25 am

Rolls

Force - (8d6)

(26333522) = 26

Move - (6d6)

(566136) = 27

May 10, 2022 2:39 am
Sabine is ready to dive for Granfors herself, as she feels the anger rising from having a gun pointed at her, but Henry jumps first. She is right behind him, aiming to disarm the drunk of his weapon with bat and then help Henry with the man.

Erik Granfors

bowlofspinach

May 10, 2022 4:43 am
"No, you're lying!", Granfors shouts. "Why else would you be here?" He turns his gun on Stina but before he can fire it, Henry jumps the police officer. The gun goes off as both of them tumble to the ground and for a moment, all of you feel a rush of panic. After a few moments, however, you all realize that none of you have been hit. Henry is on the ground, sitting on top of Granfors now and struggling with him for control of the gun.
"I knew it!", Granfors shouts as he tries to maintain his grip and for now manages to hold on.
Erik Granfors

KCC

May 10, 2022 5:49 am
Henry’s adrenaline is pumping now that the gun has gone off, and he’s wrestling for it. He can feel his heart racing a hundred miles a minute as if his life depending on this next few moments. And it might, if the officer is really out of control.

"You idiot…" he grunts through the effort of contesting the officer’s strength. "… we’re here to… help!"

Henry will try to beat the officer into stopping, if he continues to fight.
OOC:
He begins punching, if needs be.
May 10, 2022 6:00 am
OOC:
I'll take another Force roll to resolve this struggle. I'd give @RageRed the opportunity to roll if she still wants to intervene, since Henry already got a roll. Otherwise, Henry can make a second roll for this

Be aware, though, that failure could have some consequences
May 10, 2022 8:20 am
OOC:
I apologize for not adding a roll to my post above. I ran out of time. If Henry managed to disarm Granfors, Sabine will grab his handcuffs and lock them on his wrists. If not, she will use the bat to disarm him and the two of them will hold him down and subdue him.
Last edited May 10, 2022 8:24 am

Rolls

Force - (5d6)

(26436) = 21

Erik Granfors

bowlofspinach

May 10, 2022 12:14 pm
OOC:
No, it's good. Better to not pile on a whole lot of rolls at once. Better one by one
As Henry and Officer Granfors struggle for the pistol on the ground, Sabine jogs up to them and quickly strikes at the weapon with her bat. It goes off one more time and one more time, you all find to your relief that nobody has been hit by it, as it flies out of his hand. He lets out a scream that almost completely drowns out the crunching sound his hand makes at that. He hesitates for a moment, then he goes limp and stops fighting back.
With tears in his glassy eyes, he sobs: "I just want my wife back!"
Erik Granfors

KCC

May 11, 2022 2:19 am
Henry is breathing heavy on top of the Officer, as they finally take control of the situation.

"We know. We know. We’re trying to help."

Henry could ask the man for help, to accompany them as they entered whatever shitstorm they were about to enter. But the man was drunk as a skunk and hotheaded. The gunshots may have already given them away…

"We’re going to get your wife back! Just give us some time!"
May 11, 2022 7:28 am
Mikael steps forward and helps to subdue the man in any way he can. "Shooting a few kids isn't going to bring her back, Officer. I told you, we believe you. We do. You mind telling us why you came here to search for her? Is there something we should be looking for?"

Mikael will help Sabine with the handcuffs. "If we don't want him going far, I bought rope earlier. We can bind the handcuffs to a tree or something."
May 11, 2022 8:38 am
As soon as the cuffs are on, Sabine searches Granfors for the key, including his hat. She has heard that police like hiding little things inside their hats.
May 11, 2022 10:39 am
Relieved the drunk officer has been neutralized, she stands up and looks in concern as her companions handcuff him, "er... guys? should we be doing this to a police officer?... I mean, he's drunk and all, but still..." she whispers.

She then looks around at the surrounding area, to see if the loud reports of the gun have attracted any more unwanted attention.

Erik Granfors

bowlofspinach

May 11, 2022 6:06 pm
Granfors has just given up resistance and is letting you handcuff him to the tree. Sabine takes his handcuff keys from him.
"Those kids that went missing," Granfors says. "They asked me to help them look for UFOs at that beach over there. I thought it was all stupid and ignored them. But then they went missing and then my Pernilla also went missing. And so many other things have changed around the island." He shakes his head. "I decided to follow up on it and went to the beach there. But aside from some strange circle where all the sand has turned to glass, I didn't find anything. But then I saw that all this weird stuff seems centered around here, so I drove over and well, here I am."
Erik Granfors
May 11, 2022 6:06 pm
Glancing around, Stina notices light on behind one of the windows of the Clovers Facility. Someone appears to be looking out from behind it towards you. It looks like a woman but from this distance and with the light from behind them, you're not completely sure. After a moment, the shape walks away and shortly after, the light is turned off.
May 11, 2022 6:15 pm
"When the kids asked you to help them look for UFO's, where were you then? Were you out this way already?" Mikael asks.

Erik Granfors

bowlofspinach

May 11, 2022 6:50 pm
Erik Granfors
"At the police station," Granfors says. "They just stormed in and started talking about UFOs. Ing-Marie probably would have entertained them but I just told them to get lost."
May 11, 2022 8:24 pm
Stina warns the others she saw someone at the window of the Facility. "they looked this way, then turned dthe light off again. Looked like a woman. "
May 11, 2022 8:42 pm
Sabine looks over to Stina and then down at Granfors' pistol. She is so tempted to pick it up. "We need to get over to the facility before those behind all this have a chance to hide it, cover it up, or move somewhere else." She states to her friends.
May 11, 2022 9:15 pm
"We don't know about UFO's," Mikael says, "but something bad is happening to the town. Things are changing and nobody seems to notice. Except us, and you, that we know of. We think Krafta are responsible. Officer, what do you know of the Prophets? Or Hephaestus?"
Last edited May 13, 2022 3:46 am

KCC

May 12, 2022 12:43 pm
"And can you be trusted to come with us? Or go home… or anywhere really!" Henry had a knot in his stomach. Leaving the man bound here could be a death sentence, now that someone had cause to investigate this way.

And yet, driving home drunk could be a problem too. Henry had to roll the dice on the officer’s ability to drive drunk, he figured.
May 13, 2022 6:56 pm
"We could shove him in the back of his own auto, lock the door to the rear compartment, and hold onto his auto key as well as the cuff key." Sabine suggests and after much consideration, picks up the pistol. She engages the safety and checks the weapon for rounds of ammo, before tucking it into the back waistband of her pants and tugging her hoodie down to better hide the bump there.
Last edited May 13, 2022 6:57 pm
load next

Thread locked