Howdy all!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 6, 2022 7:21 am
Hello, folks! The name is Alfred, and I am a long-time roleplayer -- in my 30s with 20+ years spent chucking dice! Started with D&D ages ago and from there snaked my way through d20 Modern and Mutants & Masterminds before plunging headlong into the indie game scene. Dogs in the Vineyeard, Chronica Feudalis, Houses of the Blooded, Don't Rest Your Head, Lacuna, Psi*Run were all some of my earliest hijinks off the beaten path, and my affection for a tons of gameplay options continues to this day.

I am a forever GM entirely by choice, as that is my preferred side of the table -- but for the right game, and the right people I'm willing to pull out a character sheet. I gravitate predominantly towards smaller, simpler games (Powered by the Apocalypse, LUMEN, Marvel Heroic, Technoir, etc), but at the same time I have infinite room in my heart for complex games so long as they are well-made and well-executed (Forged in the Dark, Burning Wheel, Lancer, etc).

Most recently I have been on a bit of a wuxia and shonen kick. Got my copy of Hearts of Wulin in the mail and got to run a shortlived game of that; I just finished reading Friendship, Effort, Victory and have been inspired to start watching some shonen battle anime that I've missed over the years; and at the moment I am working my through Avatar Legends because who doesn't love a little element bending?

Really looking forward to playing with y'all and getting to know y'all!
May 6, 2022 7:26 am
Welcome, AlfredR!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
May 6, 2022 7:37 am
Hey buddy. I think you'll find a lot of interest in those games.

Avatar games seem to generate a lot of buzz.
May 6, 2022 12:24 pm
Welcome to the community, @AlfredR!
May 6, 2022 12:49 pm
Hello and welcome!
May 6, 2022 12:59 pm
Welcome to GP AlfredR!
May 6, 2022 1:37 pm
Welcome AlfredR!
May 6, 2022 3:03 pm
Thanks for the warm welcome, y’all! Much appreciated :)
May 6, 2022 3:57 pm
Welcome Aboard!
May 6, 2022 4:25 pm
Welcome!
May 6, 2022 10:54 pm
Bienvenido AlfredR
Last edited May 6, 2022 10:55 pm
May 7, 2022 1:58 am
Well, well, look who it is! Welcome Alfred. Looking forward to gaming together!
May 7, 2022 2:29 am
Just gonna chase you to the ends of the internet, Harri 😂 you foolishly signed on for one Mech game, and now yer stuck with me.
May 7, 2022 4:09 am
Was Mecha the first? I think it was...

Len

May 7, 2022 4:26 am
Welcome to the community, Alfred!
May 7, 2022 5:55 am
Harrigan says:
Was Mecha the first? I think it was...
Aegis Project, baybee!
Last edited May 7, 2022 5:55 am
May 7, 2022 6:19 am
Yep! And I never even got to turn on all the other PCs...

You do not have permission to post in this thread.