Hello there

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 8, 2022 6:53 pm
I'm coming back to RPGs after a bit of time off. I used to mainly play with one group, but with life happening and all I'm looking into branching out into a new way to play. I'm really excited about the opportunities that come with pbp such as getting to be more thoughtful and play/run multiple games a once. At first I'm going to try and jump in and play games to get my pbp legs, but I would love to run some soon after that.

My favorite games at the moment are anything PtbA including: Apocalypse World, Dungeon World, Urban Shadows, Masks, and Avatar Legends. I really want to try Blades in the Dark / FitD games though too. For more traditional games I am also interested in Pathfinder 2e and D&D 5E.

I look forward to playing with y'all and getting a hang for how this all works.
May 8, 2022 6:54 pm
Hey Bitbam. Cool avatar.

Good to meet you, and hope to see you in a game sometime.
May 8, 2022 6:56 pm
Adam says:
Hey Bitbam. Cool avatar.

Good to meet you, and hope to see you in a game sometime.
Thanks and same to you!
May 8, 2022 7:04 pm
Welcome, Bitbam!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
May 8, 2022 7:44 pm
Welcome!
May 8, 2022 7:50 pm
Hey Bitbam, welcome.

I got your PM you are welcome to join the Fresh Faced Adventurers. We are at a slightly tricky stage to be introducing new characters very smoothly. But, if you are happy to pretend you were with the party from the beginning of the their current delve, then we can slot you right in.

I see that you have applied to Noob Central, that game never actually took off, and you would be alone there. Cyberpunk is neither the worst not the best for playing with one player. Think about whether you are happy to go it alone (could be useful for learning) or if we want us to try recruit some helpers.

While it has a different focus, and I would have to ask the other players if they want to add a new player to the mix, I also have a CBR+PNK game that is just starting. It uses a simplified Blades in the Dark engine, which you mentioned interest in. Note that FitD games are not ideal for PbP, they tend to struggle with all the back and forth their rules require before and after each roll. I can not promise it will work out in the long-run, and that is taking into account that it is a oneshot. Let me know if I need to make enquiries about that one.
May 8, 2022 7:59 pm
Thanks for the reply.

I would not have any issues pretending I was there all along for Fresh Faced Adventurers. Possibly I was a lowly torchbearer that found his courage all of a sudden and nobody paid him too much attention before.

Yeah, I agree solo may not be ideal for Yesterday's Tomorrow. But I would be interested if we got at least one more player to get into it.

The CBR+PNK game seems really interesting. Even with the caveats about FitD, I would be interested in giving it a shot if it's ok with the other players.
Last edited May 8, 2022 8:06 pm
May 8, 2022 8:14 pm
Bitbam says:
... Possibly I was a lowly torchbearer ...
We generally just ignore the discontinuity of your having been there all along. Given the nature of the game --aimed at newly arrived players-- it gets to hard to try make sense of the dropping in and dropping out that happens. So far it has work out fine and not been a significant immersion break.
Bitbam says:
... solo may not be ideal ... would be interested if we got at least one more player ...
Let's see if anyone volunteers.
Bitbam says:
... CBR+PNK ... interested in giving it a shot if its ok with the other players ...
I will ask. As with Blades, it is a bit more complicated getting a character going and integrated into the world, so I will take a look at what we have before asking, just to make sure it makes sense.

Some of those players might even be interested in coming over to the Yesterday's Tomorrow game, as several are both Cyberpunk and PbtA fans. I have held off on mentioning Noob Central to that group as it is rude to talk about other games while setting up a different system. This might be the excuse we needed. :)
May 8, 2022 10:27 pm
Hello and welcome!
May 8, 2022 10:54 pm
Welcome Aboard!

Len

May 9, 2022 4:11 am
Welcome to the community, Bitbam!
May 9, 2022 5:36 am
Welcome aboard, Bitbam, glad to have you here.
May 9, 2022 6:07 am
Welcome to the community, @Bitbam!

Like you, many of us here came to GP after real-life responsibilities made it difficult or impossible to play the way we used to. Many have found PbP to be a very rewarding experience, specially with the amazing community here, and I, for one, would keep playing here even if offline gaming opportunities opened up again. We're glad to have you join us!
May 9, 2022 6:58 am
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
... would keep playing here even if offline gaming opportunities opened up again ...
I completely agree. PbP has its own value and appeal and is not just a 'for when "real" games are not available' crutch.
May 9, 2022 9:37 am
Welcome :)
May 10, 2022 3:10 am
Hello!
May 10, 2022 5:25 am
Welcome to GP!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.