OOC Discussion Thread

load previous
Jul 11, 2022 7:47 pm
So... update. I've got a complication related to a surgery earlier in the year. Not immediately life-threatening, but I'll be getting more tests and possibly a procedure over the next few weeks. I'm afraid I'm going to put this game on hold until that's all done. You may see me posting as a player in other games. Don't take it as a slight, I just don't think I'll have the focus for GMing for a bit. When things are back to normal, I'll ping you all and see if you want to resume.

Just as things were gonna get good... dang it. Alas.
Jul 11, 2022 11:13 pm
No problem. Stuff happens and I fully understand the bit about not being able to GM. Definitely takes more work and motivation. Thanks for the update.
Jul 12, 2022 8:19 pm
Thank you for the update and I'm patient. I can wait until this one starts up again. Be well. Take care of yourself first.
Jul 13, 2022 2:07 am
Yeah, it's alright, take care of yourself! :) And I wish you a swift recovery from whatever complication it is!
Aug 11, 2022 3:03 pm
Hello, friends! My real-world life has made it through the complex phase that left me feeling unable to run something. Are you all still here, and would you like to finish this game? If not, that's fine, as I have all kinds of other game ideas swirling in my head. But I don't want to start anything new without finishing what I started - unless folks have moved on, in which case I'll do the same.
Aug 11, 2022 4:49 pm
I'm still here, relaxing in a sunbeam.
Aug 11, 2022 8:07 pm
I'm around and willing to continue! :D Apple is still eager to live up to her ancestors' occult reputation. And to maybe fight some evil vegetables.
Aug 12, 2022 12:56 am
Still in it to win it!
Aug 12, 2022 1:04 pm
Well, that's enough response to pick things back up, and if @huttyman comes back, so much the better. I'll get a post up by Monday.
Aug 24, 2022 2:19 am
By the way, was the new chapter "the end of session"? Do we get a mark on progress track and a treat? :D
Last edited August 24, 2022 2:19 am
Aug 24, 2022 3:05 am
Yes. Let's do that!
Aug 25, 2022 10:52 pm
Did we have a treat at the start of the game? Also, did my roll of (6,6) back in chapter 1 give me a treat, or did it not count? (Yes, I am indeed preparing in case the undead chicken is going to wreck us. XD)
Aug 31, 2022 2:32 pm
I'm still here, just taking this game slowly. I need to get clear on Treats and XP and stuff. I hope to do that tonight.
Sep 2, 2022 4:19 pm
So, it was not actually my intent that everyone could save up treats across sessions. However, I didn't actually make a specific rule about that, and I haven't been the most consistent GM here. So I will let everyone have one extra Treat. So if you haven't spent any Treats, you should now have 2. If you rolled a 12 at some point, then you have one more.

Also, everyone can mark 1 XP for the end of the last thread. I haven't kept up with failed rolls, but if you had any, mark XP for those too. I'll try to keep better track of this stuff going forward.
Oct 15, 2022 3:41 pm
Hello, remaining cats. @Whtknt @Paximilian

@FlyingSucculent is 9 days gone, and I'm averaging about 1-2 posts per week. I think maybe it's time I accept defeat and close this game down.

If the two of you that remain would really, really like to keep going at this slow pace with just the two of you, I don't mind continuing to post once or twice per week. But I don't think I can commit to more than that. If you're ok with shutting down, however, I will reward you with a brief reveal of the mystery so that you don't leave wondering "what was going on?"
Oct 16, 2022 6:57 pm
It saddens me, but I can accept shutdown. It was a lot of fun, Tim. Thank you for running. As a side note, Rasputin was based on an actual cat of my acquaintance for 16 years (he was my best friend growing up). He was one of those rare animals that seemed almost human. In fact, when we were separated for a years time, my grandmother swore to her dying day that that cat had tears in his eyes when we were reunited.
Oct 16, 2022 9:32 pm
Middie was the cat my wife came with and he was a big boy. We enjoyed each other's company, but he was still my wife's cat (he liked her more). If he wanted to roughhouse, he came to find me, lol.

I'm good with letting it go, though. I wouldn't mind knowing the secret.
Oct 17, 2022 12:38 am
I have 3 cats, though none of them showed up in this adventure. We've got Waldorf, the big fat bully (he's sweet to people, but bullies cats); Gonzo, the skinny trouble maker (anything on a high surface MUST be pushed off); and Zelda, the most cat-like cat that ever did cat - if she's in a good mood, she's the loviest love, but when her mood turns, watch out!.

Anyway, I'll put up a little montage in the game thread to wrap things up.

Thanks for playing. Sorry it ended early. MEOW!
Dec 3, 2022 8:50 pm
Hey, this is two months late, but I just wanted to say that I enjoyed this game while it was going. :D Sorry I left rather abruptly and failed to leave a warning besides a general absence post. Cat on, everyone!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.