Interlude: Someone Else's War

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
May 26, 2022 4:43 pm
The group quickly finds cover behind a large piece of metal that might have been a car at one point. Or a military plane. But whatever it used to be, it's a useless chunk of metal now. Useless, except as a hiding place.

As the gas-masked soldiers pass by, Jillian suddenly collapses. It looks like she has a seizure, writhing in place for a moment until she recovers. When she gets back up, she looks confused and lost.

bowlofspinach sent a note to KCC

OOC:
Mette escaped as Dr. Sundgren was strapping you all in. Apparently, she didn't properly fix Mette to her chair and she managed to get past Dr. Sundgren and past the other woman who's helping the evil doctor sometimes...
As Sixten glares at Dr. Sundgren, something catches his attention. In the contraption, the unconscious Jillian suddenly seems to flicker out of existence. For a while, Sixten isn't sure if this is just a trick his eyes are playing on him but then, she's suddenly gone, her seat in the machine empty.

Dr. Sundgren looks at it and curses. "Damn it!", she shouts. "She's lost. She still seemed strong enough. But it looks like she wasn't. She was weak."
May 26, 2022 5:49 pm
Sixten jumps to his feet and rushes the wall. He pounds his fists against the material. "What do you mean she's lost!? Where's my friend!?" he shouts, tears streaking down his cheeks.

KCC

May 27, 2022 1:48 pm
"Who are…"

Jillian’s eyes go wide and she takes a step back away from the other kids.

"… you? Who are you? And what are you doing here?"

She’s louder than she should be, and stands up ready for fight or flight…

She should be crouching; staying hidden.

"Are you… with them?"

The robots…

They didn’t look like they were. They looked afraid, tired, nervous.

Caring…

She crouches again, hidden from sight! Deciding she can trust them, she beckons them over.

"Come! Come! We need to go where the rabbits are! Quickly!" she waved them after her and starts to scurry off.
May 27, 2022 2:45 pm
David sees Jillian starting to act weird after her collapse. Shit, not now, not now!

He rushes to her keeping as low as he can, and finds a place in cover next to her.
"hey Jillian, it's us. Your friends. I'm David, remember?" he whispers. "Try to stay down and quiet now, OK? There are soldiers, we cannot be spotted," he continues in a hushed tone, trying to impress on her that they are in serious danger.

KCC

May 29, 2022 10:25 am
Jillian looks at David as if he has two heads.

"You're not my friends. They took all my friends…"

She stares off in the direction of the soldiers.

"But you could be!" she says, suddenly perky.

"But you have to follow me. Quickly! Quietly. Where the rabbits make their home! Quick. To the Burrows!"
Last edited May 29, 2022 10:26 am
May 29, 2022 10:41 am
He looks at her. Whatever these Burrows are, they sound like some place underground, better than staying in the open exposed to explosions and soldiers...

He turns to the others, "I think we should follow her, guys. At least we’d be out of... this..." he gestures at their surroundings.

Elisabeth Sundgren

bowlofspinach

May 29, 2022 10:55 am
Elisabeth Sundgren
"Your friend is lost to the other world," Dr. Sundgren says dispassionately in response to Sixten's question. "Which now makes me worry that the rest of them might not be strong enough to maintain their connection to this world either."
She turns back to the machine.
As you are all still dealing with trying to get used to these strange, hostile conditions, as well as trying to understand what happened to Jillian, who suddenly doesn't seem to recognize you anymore, all of you are starting to feel weak as well.
"You have to hurry. No time for distractions. Head further north. Find the Hephaesteum or you will all be lost, just like your friend is!"
OOC:
And we'll leave this off here and continue with the main characters over in Chapter 6

Thread locked