Looking to learn

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

May 26, 2022 4:30 pm
Hey, everyone!

I'm a relatively experienced ttrpg fan (primarily D&D 5e), and I was told this was a good place to start if I was interested in Play-by-Post!
I'm hoping to join a game or two on here so I can get a feel for the logistics of PbP, and see how it compares to in-person. I think PbP might be a good option for my current campaign, since the players are all adults with busy lives, and regular in-person sessions can be difficult.
This seems like a very welcoming community, so I look forward to being a part of it!
May 26, 2022 4:33 pm
Welcome, Faith!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
May 26, 2022 5:39 pm
Welcome!
May 26, 2022 5:45 pm
Hello and welcome!
May 26, 2022 6:06 pm
Welcome to the community, @Faith64! PbP is very different than in-person or even live remote gaming. The pace is much slower but the roleplay is incredibly rich and very rewarding! It's also a great way to learn new rulesets! I hope you find some great games here!
May 26, 2022 6:13 pm
howdy
May 26, 2022 6:14 pm
Greetings and Salutations!
May 26, 2022 8:04 pm
Welcome!
May 26, 2022 8:35 pm
Welcome Aboard!
May 26, 2022 10:49 pm
This is a great place to start Faith64. Welcome to GP!
May 27, 2022 12:25 am
Greetings to you.
May 27, 2022 12:51 am
PbP is definitely a solid option for "I have a job" type hours and not having the time for a standard campaign, double-especially if you work retail and don't have stable hours. Welcome, and may your expeirences here be splendiferous.
May 27, 2022 2:46 am
Welcome to the fold!

Len

May 27, 2022 3:04 am
Welcome to the community, Faith64!
May 27, 2022 3:24 am
Welcome to GP!
May 29, 2022 7:19 am
Welcome aboard, Faith64! Good luck finding some games!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.