Chapter 16 - X marks the Spot

load previous
Jun 26, 2022 7:47 am
OOC:
we can solve Johnny's request to Charlene with a Persuasion test. Her initial stance will be Uncooperative.
Quote:
When a Persuasion attempt is made, NPCs will have an initial reaction stance. Persuasion vs target Spirit is rolled: each success shifts the reaction one place down, each failure one space up, on this chart:
[ +- ] Reaction Table for Persuasion attempts
Logan's Mom will be driving Logan to DMV, or sending Anna to do it.

The scrapyard job is tomorrow morning.

Josh is likely to be in hospital for a few days, so the Obligation will start in a little while.
Jun 26, 2022 8:04 am
Quote:
OOC:
or sending Anna to do it.
OOC:
And on the way back, she can pick up the treasure
Jun 26, 2022 8:15 am
OOC:
Anna will obey her Mom and drive Logan to the DMV. If you ask her to go for the treasure, she will also need Persuasion, with an Uncooperative starting stance. She will see this as a waste of time, and one for which she might have to trespass, or dig... None of which she intends to do!
Jun 26, 2022 8:23 am
As he is getting ready for DMV, Logan gets a phone call from Eddard.

Eddard Linderman
"Looks like your birdman has been busy, yesterday. What the heck is happening? You went to Sunny Haven, right? were you there when the seagull attacked?"
Jun 26, 2022 11:13 am
OOC:
Wheedling rolls:

Rolls

Persuasion* - (1d6, 1d6, RA)

1d6 : (4) = 4

1d6 : (1) = 1

Aunt Charlene

Dr_B

Jun 26, 2022 11:33 am
Aunt Charlene
"Really? With what the Sheriff said, you still wanna go?" she says incredulous.

She raises both hands. "Okay... Sure, I'll give you a lift."

Rolls

Spirit - (1d6, RA)

(3) = 3

Jun 26, 2022 11:38 am
OOC:
Guess Johnny doesn't want to talk to Al 😄
Jun 26, 2022 11:51 am
bowlofspinach says:
First she calls Johnny and once she gets his aunt to pass the phone to him, she says: "We need to get the treasure so we can stop Solomon from attacking more people! But how do we do that? Maybe I can just play out in the garden with Ripper so he can steal my map. But we still need someone to go to the real place."
OOC:
in case @witchdoctor missed this :D
Jun 26, 2022 12:15 pm
OOC:
I didn't miss it but I figured it might be after his shift (since he usually volunteers in the mornings) so they could exchange info too. The call could be after his shift?
Jun 26, 2022 12:32 pm
OOC:
I assumed Al would call immediately in the morning when her mom tells her she can't go out today. But we can say that she missed him and will call again after. But in that case, she would call Logan right then instead of waiting
Jun 26, 2022 2:13 pm
OOC:
That sounds good. That way we can have the info about Sunny Haven to relay.
Jun 26, 2022 3:19 pm
No, I left before that happened. I found out that Ramon had these tattoos on his arms. I drew a picture of it and was leaving when I was jumped by a murder of crows. They stole the picture from me.

Logan starts to sound more depressed as he continues to speak. It was my fault the guy at the tattoo shop got attacked. When I drew the picture there were these sparrows hanging around. I didn't think much of it as we had only seen Solomon control and use crows. Now Josh is blind...it's my fault.

Eddard Linderman

Dr_B

Jun 26, 2022 4:19 pm
Eddard Linderman
"Oh... Crap." he says, and thinks for a moment.
"No, Logan, ultimately it is the birdman's fault. Not yours. But this shows us how secrecy is our top priority. This is a dangerous game..."

Logan can just imagine him tugging at his beard in concentration at the other end of the line. "This also shows us that the tattoos you found out about, are the very thing that the enemy fears! Think about it: he immediately struck the one person in Gulf Haven that could make them!"
His voice is excited now, "We must find a way of getting those tattoos on all of us! We are on the right track, if the enemy went to such extremes to stop you!"

"You do remember the tattoos, right?" he suddenly asks, worried.
Jun 26, 2022 4:32 pm
Meanwhile Johnny is dropped off at Sunny Haven. A large crow followed Charlene's car from their home all the way to Sunny Haven.

Now it observes from the retirement home gate as Johnny rushes inside, looking nervously over his shoulder.

Pat, SH nurse
Pat sees him coming in. "Oh, hey Johnny. You heard about the birds? Wait. You didn't walk here, right?
Jun 26, 2022 5:48 pm
Oh, no, my Auntie Charlene dropped me off.
I heard about the seagull getting in and making a mess and figured you guys would need a hand today.
Johnny told Nurse Pat. What was a seagull doing getting in here? I don't know much about gulls. They don't have them back in Oklahoma... he was clearly fishing for the rest of the story as he put on his volunteer vest. I hope no one was hurt or anything got destroyed....
Jun 26, 2022 6:18 pm
I remember the tattoo. I even made a copy of it in my Lore books, like you taught me. I did it last night when no birds were around.

Logan looks at the copy of the tattoo on his arm. Do you think copying the tattoo with a pen will work? I mean Josh had the only tattoo shop in town.
Last edited June 26, 2022 6:19 pm

Eddard Linderman

Dr_B

Jun 26, 2022 6:57 pm
Eddard Linderman
"I doubt it. You see... How can I put it... You gotta bleed, in ritual magic. Even traditional tattoos might not be enough. But it would be better than... writing! Don't go out there with a... ballpoint pen tattoo, Logan. " he warns.

Pat, SH nurse

Dr_B

Jun 26, 2022 7:30 pm
Pat, SH nurse

"It was... Crazy, really. Totally unprovoked, this huge bird just... Burst in through the window in the Hall and attacked the residents... Then it started flying right to the wall. You know, where the framed pictures are... We tried to get it out with brooms, and chairs... It just attacked us back. " she shows her bandaged hand.
Jun 26, 2022 11:32 pm
Johnny's eyes narrowed when Nurse Pat mentioned the picture wall, That's so weird. I hope no one was hurt. Did it damage any of those pictures? Some of the people on that wall are gone. Those pictures can't be replaced., I guess, unless Sunny Haven kept the negatives. Anyway, where would you like me to start today?

Pat, SH nurse

Dr_B

Jun 27, 2022 7:15 am
Pat, SH nurse
"It knocked a few pictures off the wall flying around. Then the odd thing is... It took one away! I mean, what gull does THAT ? They're normally after food... "

She shakes her head. "Anyway... You can start helping with the laundry cart..." she leads Johnny to start his duties.
load next

Thread locked