Chapter 16 - X marks the Spot

load previous
Jun 27, 2022 7:20 am
Eddard Linderman
"I have to think. There must be a way. Watch out, out there. Stay away from birds. They're watching our every move." Eddard concludes the phone call.

Shortly after Logan puts down the receiver, the phone rings again. This time Alana is calling.
Jun 27, 2022 7:26 am
"Hey Loey!", Al greets him. "I tried to call Johnny but he's doing recon at the old folks' home! We need to stop Solomon from attacking more people! And to do that, we have to get the treasure. But how do we do that? Maybe I can just play out in the garden with Ripper so he can steal my map. But we still need someone to go to the real place."
Jun 27, 2022 1:50 pm
Yeah, I know. The problem is that no one is going to go out voluntarily and get it. There's no way we can go get it by ourselves. Unless we sneak out, but that's to much trouble for us to get into.

Logan thinks for a moment before he continues to talk. I talked to Eddard and he thinks the tattoo is what worked for Ramon. He said not to go out with it drawn on our skin in pen. It more than likely needs to be a real tattoo. With the only tattoo shop, in town, shut down we can't really do that option.

Logan gets concerned when he hears Al's plan. If you go outside, you need to be careful. Trust me, it's no joke when you get attacked by the birds. We should hold off on giving the map up until we have a solid idea for the treasure.
Jun 27, 2022 1:52 pm
"What about Anna? She's basically a monster hunter but Solomon doesn't know that. She can get the treasure and then we'll share it with her," Al suggests. "And if that's not enough incentive, I'll also let her play with Ripper!"
Jun 27, 2022 2:51 pm
Johnny dutifully heads out to push the heavy laundry cart around the facility, collecting up the night's bedding into the once-white cart trying not to think about why it, and it's contents, smell like ammonia. He pauses in front of the big wall of pictures, figuring the missing ones were knocked down by the bird attack. The one taken by the bird had to have been the one Logan had sketched from. He cautiously looked at the windows for any winged spies and wondered if there was a way to shut this Solomon Black character down for good. A trusty BB gun would probably solve a bit of the bird problem but not all of it since there were so many...

Johnny helped out as much as he could before calling Charlene for a ride home after the lunch rotation finished around noon.
Jun 27, 2022 3:31 pm
I don't know about Anna. She's been walking a straight line lately. Especially with the bird attacks. That and I'm sure she wouldn't be interested in hunting for treasure. Besides I don't think she'd believe us.
Jun 27, 2022 3:40 pm
"Lemme talk to her!", Al replies immediately. "I bet I can convince her! It's treasure after all. Who could resist that?"
Jun 27, 2022 3:48 pm
OOC:
Is Anna around?
Jun 27, 2022 5:09 pm
OOC:
yes, Anna is home. Persuasion opposed roll to convince her, she starts as Uncooperative.
Jun 27, 2022 7:22 pm
Anna! Phone for you. Logan bellows up towards Anna's room. She'll be here in a second. I hope this works. Logan says to Al as he waits for his sister to come get the phone.

Anna, L's sister

Dr_B

Jun 27, 2022 9:11 pm
You hear Anna coming downstairs from one floor up. She gets to the phone and picks it up, querying Logan, then talking in the handset.

Anna, L's sister
"Who is it?... Hello?"
Jun 28, 2022 5:14 am
"Hey, fellow monster hunter! It's me, Al. Logan's friend," she introduces herself. "We need to ask you a favor. Or not really a favor. More like a job, because there's treasure and so you'll get paid for your help even! It's a super huge reward for basically no work at all."

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d8, 1d6, RA)

1d8 : (5) = 5

1d6 : (1) = 1

Jun 28, 2022 6:50 am
Anna sighs hearing it is another of Alana and Logan's crazy requests, and listens to the plan Al is proposing...
OOC:
Hostile
Unfriendly
>Uncooperative<
Neutral
Cooperative
Friendly
Helpful

Rolls

Spirit - (1d6, RA)

(1) = 1

Anna, L's sister

Dr_B

Jun 28, 2022 6:51 am
Anna, L's sister
"Oh-kayyyy... tell me more. What would I have to do?"
OOC:
Hostile
Unfriendly
Uncooperative
>Neutral<
Cooperative
Friendly
Helpful
Jun 28, 2022 6:54 am
"We've been following this treasure hunt set up by this old sea captain who died recently. He might have even been a pirate! And he hid his treasure here in Gulf Haven. We even know exactly where, so all you need to do is go there and find it. And then you bring it home and we share it. And you can play with Ripper if you want!"

Rolls

1d8 : (5) = 5

1d6 : (4) = 4

Anna, L's sister

Dr_B

Jun 28, 2022 7:21 am
Anna, L's sister
"A... pirate?? In Gulf Haven?..."

Rolls

Spirit - (1d6, RA)

(5) = 5

Anna, L's sister

Dr_B

Jun 28, 2022 7:23 am
Anna, L's sister
"This is one of your games, right? Very amusing..."
OOC:
Last roll before she loses interest and hangs up on you.

Hostile
Unfriendly
Uncooperative
>Neutral<
Cooperative
Friendly
Helpful
Jun 28, 2022 7:28 am
"It's not a game!", Al insists. "It's a treasure. Imagine all the cool stuff you could buy with the treasure. Like some necklace or whatever you're into."

Rolls

1d8 : (6) = 6

1d6 : (2) = 2

Spending a Benny, just because - (1D8+2, 1D6+2, RA)

1D8+2 : (7) + 2 = 9

1D6+2 : (2) + 2 = 4

Anna, L's sister

Dr_B

Jun 28, 2022 8:26 am
OOC:
rolling opposed
Anna, L's sister

Rolls

Spirit - (1d6, RA)

(1) = 1

Jun 28, 2022 8:27 am
OOC:
Come on, two 1s from Anna! This has to be enough!
load next

Thread locked