Chapter 16 - X marks the Spot

load previous
Jul 13, 2022 11:30 am
Al leans down and begins petting Ripper, who in turn flops down on her back so Al can scratch her belly. "Oh, you look so fierce now, don't you, Ripper!", she tells her. "Such a dangerous dog!"

She then looks at her friends. "Now that we're protected, we need to find a way to defeat Solomon for good!"
Jul 13, 2022 12:54 pm
Logan stands there as he watches the birds fly away. Looking around at his friends and then at his home, Logan shakes his head. I don't know if my mom will believe this one.
Jul 13, 2022 2:38 pm
Well, you've got quite a set of witnesses, Logan, including your sister and grandmother so I don't think there's much she could ignore about what happened... he looked around at the carnage. Even so, I don't think you should mention the magic part. I don't think even my Aunts would buy that. Speaking of...do you have a long sleeve shirt I could borrow? And some Saran Wrap to put around these? . He held up his tattooed arms. Those were going to be hard to explain on a thirteen year old...
Jul 13, 2022 11:08 pm
Eddard Linderman
he pats Johnny on the shoulder. "You did the right thing, my friend. We got lucky with those bracelets today... But the skin tattoo is what we know for sure has worked for years in Ramon's case... The bracelets might be less effective... Or only temporary, we don't know..."

GM
Logan finds a long-sleeved shirt to lend Johnny, as well as some medication.

Eddard Linderman
"What about the Fulcrum thing? It might be safer with Johnny, or me, on account of the full tattoos. At least until we think what to do with it. "
Jul 14, 2022 4:29 am
"Johnny should take it. He's a monster hunter, so it will be safer with him!", Al says. "But we need to figure out how to destroy it."
Jul 14, 2022 8:35 am
I agree, Johnny should keep it. At least until we can find a better place to hide it. As far as destroying it...that could be easier said than done. I say we research it and see if it's even possible to destroy.
Jul 14, 2022 1:22 pm
I dunno... Johnny didn't sound overly convinced. I mean, he knows where we all live even if he can't see us now so it'd be super obvious just to break into where we live to look for it.. He gulped, He might do that anyway because we're all off his radar now and probably both mad and desperate... We need to hide it somewhere he'll never look.

Eddard Linderman

Dr_B

Jul 15, 2022 1:30 pm
Eddard Linderman
"Johnny is right... we need to know more about this object. Meanwhile... the enemy has never seen where I live. I can hide it at my place? I mean... you haven't seen my place. NOBODY would find anything in it..." he suggests.
Jul 15, 2022 10:21 pm
OOC:
After you decide the temporary hiding spot for the Fulcrum we will close this eventful, long chapter.

Eddard Linderman

Dr_B

Jul 16, 2022 9:58 pm
Eddard Linderman
He looks around at the Hunters, noticing the awkward silence, "Oh-kay ...maybe not my place, then?" he adds.

"So, anyone 's got a better idea? "
Jul 16, 2022 10:09 pm
Since Solomon really doesn't know we have the fulcrum, we can leave it hidden here. Yet, since Johnny actually has the tattoo he can hide it near him.
Jul 16, 2022 11:09 pm
I'm sure he'll check all our places now that he can't see us. Johnny said, assured that Mr. Black would be even more desperate now that the Hunters had vanished from his magical radar. We need to find a good place to hide though before he just goes after us again.
Jul 17, 2022 12:06 am
What about at the scrap yard? There's easily a couple hundred spots to hide something. I start working there this weekend.
Jul 17, 2022 1:15 am
That sounds like a great idea as long as it's hidden where no one will pick it up by accident. Johnny agreed. Maybe we can look for a place to hide it there after you've had some time working there to find some good spots, yeah?
Jul 17, 2022 4:26 am
"The Scrapyard is too public," Al says. "Someone could find it and pick it up. Or it could be thrown in the garbage compactor and freed from this thing that Ramon put around it. We could bury it. Or hide it back where Ramon put it. It was safe from being discovered there for years. Why wouldn't it still be safe there?"

Eddard Linderman

Dr_B

Jul 17, 2022 1:23 pm
Eddard Linderman
"MOUNT DOOM!" Eddard shouts all of a sudden, making everyone else in the HQ jump. Even Ripper makes a little startled yelp.

He stands up excited, "doesn't this remind you of Tolkien's ring??" he says, pointing at the strange glowing orb.

At the blank stares of the hunters, perhaps too young to have read a thousand page-long epic, he elaborates "An object of great power, with which a dangerous enemy would become unstoppable! Falls in the hands of diminutive, helpless people - that would be you - that have to find a way to destroy it. What do they do? They embark on an epic journey to destroy the artifact in the flames of Mount Doom, a far away volcano!"

He grins with a madman expression. "This thing is way too powerful to risk it falling in the wrong hands - especially Solomon's hands! Much safer to destroy it -- If only we could find a Gulf Haven equivalent of Mount Doom..."
Jul 17, 2022 1:27 pm
"I'm not diminutive and helpless!", Al protests. "I'm a monster hunter!"

She then thinks for a moment. "My mom always says she would love to go to Italy on vacation. I think there's a volcano there. Maybe I can throw it in there if we ever actually go!"
Jul 18, 2022 7:39 am
OOC:
So, while Eddard proposes to think a way of destroying the Fulcrum, where will you hide it?

Proposed spots were :

-Eddard's place
-Johnny's place
-Benny's room
-somewhere in the scrapyard
-where Ramon originally hid it

Jul 18, 2022 11:46 am
OOC:
Benny's room was more of a joke. Al wouldn't trust him with the fulcrum. I vote either Johnny's place or Ramon's spot
Jul 18, 2022 12:17 pm
OOC:
Johnny's place might be the better choice as a temporary solution since he actually got tagged so he can't accidentally take off his protection. That'll give the kids time to brainstorm a good place for it to be hidden more permanently or come up with away to dispose of it.
load next

Thread locked