Is there BB code for areatext?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 21, 2022 10:11 pm
Hi, I'm in love with BB code in The Character sheet now. Wonder is there gonna be BB code for AreaText in the future? ( like multi line text input)
Jun 21, 2022 10:37 pm
If I understand what your thinking the
[abilities="ttte"][/abilities]
does that at the moment if you don't use any #'s in the text.
Jun 22, 2022 1:14 am
I'm not sure I fully understand what AreaText is, but is this what you're looking for?

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

The code for that is:

[f=fancy-paper][_=Input Text][/f]
Jun 22, 2022 2:26 am
Chalrytharendir says:
I'm not sure I fully understand what AreaText is, but is this what you're looking for?

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

The code for that is:

[f=fancy-paper][_=Input Text][/f]
Similar but still not yet. What i need is text area input that i can adjust line and new line before enter
Jun 22, 2022 2:29 am
KoldikSteelskin says:
I know what you mean. but what i want (not really need just wander if we had) is something like this. To be able to make PC edit realtime in side big box
https://i.imgur.com/GvtL368.png
Jun 22, 2022 4:10 am
I see, yeah it won't accept newlines.

It's weird it accepts them manually:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat.

Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur.

Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

But not as input. As soon as you click on the input box, the new lines go away.

Might be something @Adam can adjust for a future release, but I'm not sure.
Jun 22, 2022 8:44 am
What was wrong with KS's suggestion?
KoldikSteelskin says:
Jun 22, 2022 12:25 pm

Editable Feature *only editable in character sheet.

DIRECTLY ENGAGE A THREAT!
Notes
(+ Danger,- Afraid)
ModifierRoll
DIRECTLY ENGAGE A THREAT 2d6+(0)+(0)

when you directly engage a threat + Danger
~ on a hit trade blows.
~ on a 10+ pick two
~ on a 7-9 pick one

* resist or avoid their blows
* take something from them
* create an opportunity for your allies
* impress surprise or frighten the opposition
Jun 22, 2022 12:34 pm
Adam says:
What was wrong with KS's suggestion?
KoldikSteelskin says:
I just want to pre structure as something like this

hhh

question1
Notes
Answer1

question2
Notes
Answer2

I want PC to be able to edit answer as text area. not have to click inside and do code thing(even if I know it not that hard at all)
Jun 22, 2022 1:46 pm
I know it still doesn't allow newlines, but would this style help for now?

Header
Question 1:Answer 1

Question 2:Answer 2

Question 3:Answer 3

Or with spoilers:

Header
Question 1:
[ +- ] Answer
Question 2:
[ +- ] Answer
Question 3:
[ +- ] Answer
Jun 22, 2022 1:46 pm

hhh

question1
Notes
answer 1

question2
Notes
answer 2

[_=]
is what you need if I understand correctly. Click the arrows and see. Also quote it and play around with the code. Hope it somehow helps.

Edit: goddamnit Chalry xD
Last edited June 22, 2022 1:48 pm
Jun 22, 2022 1:51 pm
Antiproduct says:

hhh

question1
Notes
answer 1

question2
Notes
answer 2

[_=]
is what you need if I understand correctly. Click the arrows and see. Also quote it and play around with the code. Hope it somehow helps.

😆 Nice Anti, I think yours is closer to want they want! I don't know why I jumped to a whole new format. I guess I wanted to play with the new formatting options 😆
Jun 22, 2022 2:19 pm
Chalrytharendir says:
Antiproduct says:

hhh

question1
Notes
answer 1

question2
Notes
answer 2

[_=]

😆 Nice Anti, I think yours is closer to want they want! I don't know why I jumped to a whole new format. I guess I wanted to play with the new formatting options 😆
No, point is we want to be able to do new line thing when edit not in abilities but in something like
Last edited June 22, 2022 2:20 pm
Jun 22, 2022 2:25 pm
Something like the shift+enter functions in chats, right? Yeah, I don't know. I'm on mobile at the moment and have no clue if shift+enter might work.

I also have no clue if it's easy to implement. We gotta ask the mad code scientist @Adam about it.
Jun 22, 2022 3:37 pm
I'll submit the suggestion to the site development team.
One other temporary solution:

I often need newlines for inventory lists, so I just preload them and then use the ones I need.

For example:
Question:
[ +- ] Answer
If you can guess roughly how many new lines are typically used for the text you expect to be input (maybe with a few extra for flexibility), then players can fill out as needed and leave the rest blank. If it's in a spoiler, it's not a huge deal if there's a bunch of blank lines at the end.
Jun 22, 2022 8:52 pm
Chalrytharendir says:
I'll submit the suggestion to the site development team.
One other temporary solution:

I often need newlines for inventory lists, so I just preload them and then use the ones I need.

For example:
Question:
[ +- ] Answer
If you can guess roughly how many new lines are typically used for the text you expect to be input (maybe with a few extra for flexibility), then players can fill out as needed and leave the rest blank. If it's in a spoiler, it's not a huge deal if there's a bunch of blank lines at the end.
Wow, I actually didn't expect to go this far as submit new request. But thank you guys for all help and alternative thing.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.