Emoji on posts?

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jun 26, 2022 12:37 am
I agree with C1nder. It adds a communication tool less obtrusive than a post, subtle yet obvious.

I have no knowledge of the complexity of modifying the DBs to handle that system, and am loathe to request something potentially difficult or time consuming.
Jun 26, 2022 1:25 pm
C1NDER says:
Fwiw, if a greater chorus of voices is needed to overcome anyone's lack of enthusiasm for the feature, I love it - either flip cards or emoji/react badges would only benefit GP.

One of the hardest TTRPG elements to emulate from the table is quick reactions and body language, like laughs and looks of surprise. Emoji/react badges are a step towards doing just that.
yeah me too. that's the only thing make some group of mine still using discord for pbp
Jun 26, 2022 1:31 pm
It sounds like there are two different things here:

* Flip OOC
* Reaction emoji

Correct?
Jun 29, 2022 7:40 pm
Adam says:
It sounds like there are two different things here:

* Flip OOC
* Reaction emoji

Correct?
Correct :) The reaction emojis/badges were more what I was speaking to above, though I like both ideas.

For the record, I also agree that the flip OOC thing shouldn't be seen as a replacement for a separate OOC thread (or the ability to use OOC tags in the normal post, for that matter - imo the GM can set expectations on what tools they want to use in their game).
Last edited June 29, 2022 7:40 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.