OOC

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 24, 2022 7:41 pm
This will house all OOC interactions.
Jun 24, 2022 8:02 pm
I will play Freda the Power Ranger
Jun 24, 2022 8:33 pm
I would like to play BLODGETT please (btw there are two identical posts for that character)
Jun 24, 2022 9:04 pm
Jomsviking says:
I will play Freda the Power Ranger
DONE!
Jun 24, 2022 9:05 pm
tibbius says:
I would like to play BLODGETT please (btw there are two identical posts for that character)
DONE!

... and edited! Oops! Thanks!
Jun 25, 2022 3:58 am
https://i.imgur.com/bKMlfZT.jpg

Freda is, THE Apex Predator. She appears to be part Elven, but claims her ancestors came from another planet in a city. But that's only if she gets to talking. She spends entire weeks without speaking. In her element there's no need to.

As to where isn't her element. That is anyone's guess. She always is in control of herself and, being an incredibly skilled warrior she has nearly unbreakable poise. Being an incredibly disciplined person she has brilliant mental hygiene.

She is socially aloof and avoids parties. Her pastimes involve hunting and eating things exclusively. She has a good heart, but it's hard to tell whether or not she is going to kill something at any given moment. The world is her oyster. She nearly always eats or collects a trophy from her kills.
Last edited June 25, 2022 5:32 am
Jun 25, 2022 8:34 am
Jomsviking says:
https://i.imgur.com/bKMlfZT.jpg

Freda is, THE Apex Predator. She appears to be part Elven, but claims her ancestors came from another planet in a city. But that's only if she gets to talking. She spends entire weeks without speaking. In her element there's no need to.

As to where isn't her element. That is anyone's guess. She always is in control of herself and, being an incredibly skilled warrior she has nearly unbreakable poise. Being an incredibly disciplined person she has brilliant mental hygiene.

She is socially aloof and avoids parties. Her pastimes involve hunting and eating things exclusively. She has a good heart, but it's hard to tell whether or not she is going to kill something at any given moment. The world is her oyster. She nearly always eats or collects a trophy from her kills.
Nicely done!
Jun 25, 2022 11:57 am
Thinking that BLODGETT arrived in the area as an applicant for the job of chef d cuisine at the miners' dining hall. Being a halfling, he can leverage his culture's foodie reputation to advantage himself in seeking that position. Once installed, his plan is to carefully embezzle from the grocery purchase account.
Jun 25, 2022 2:48 pm
I would like to play SUKET (L4 Robber) please, and thank you. Don't see her sheet in the Pre-Gen thread yet
Jun 26, 2022 12:41 am
Drakis2 says:
I would like to play SUKET (L4 Robber) please, and thank you. Don't see her sheet in the Pre-Gen thread yet
DONE!
Jun 26, 2022 1:22 am
Thank you. I will grab a character image, and fill in a character sheet a bit later, and send it all over
Jun 26, 2022 2:46 am
I'll take the illusionist.
Jun 26, 2022 3:21 am
Have submitted my character sheet
Jun 26, 2022 3:26 am
What are Phanstern's spells?
Jun 26, 2022 8:26 am
WhtKnt says:
You can choose them! That's why I didn't list them. They are pre-gen characters but I have to give you at least that much control
Jun 26, 2022 3:56 pm
Grezen says:
WhtKnt says:
You can choose them! That's why I didn't list them. They are pre-gen characters but I have to give you at least that much control
KK. I'll get on it today.
Jun 26, 2022 6:51 pm
Phanstern is ready for action!!!
Jul 2, 2022 4:18 pm
Sorry it took me a while to find everything and get in.
Jul 3, 2022 7:50 pm
What's up my crawlers? Some of you I know, some not, either way let's do this!

*What edition are we playing? 1st? 2nd? BECMI?
Last edited July 3, 2022 7:52 pm
Jul 3, 2022 8:06 pm
dominion451 says:
What's up my crawlers? Some of you I know, some not, either way let's do this!

*What edition are we playing? 1st? 2nd? BECMI?
AD&D
Jul 3, 2022 9:58 pm
Ok AD&D but 1st edition then? 2nd? Need to know so I'm using the right sourcebook.
Jul 3, 2022 10:09 pm
dominion451 says:
Ok AD&D but 1st edition then? 2nd? Need to know so I'm using the right sourcebook.
1st
Jul 4, 2022 1:09 am
I saw you mentioned we could pick our own spells, how many of each level can we choose for our spell books?

Also what's your rule on reversible spells? If we know the parent spell do we automatically know the reverse? Do you have to memorize which version you want to use at the beginning of the day or can you reverse on the fly?
Last edited July 4, 2022 1:32 am
Jul 4, 2022 10:03 am
dominion451 says:
I saw you mentioned we could pick our own spells, how many of each level can we choose for our spell books?

Also what's your rule on reversible spells? If we know the parent spell do we automatically know the reverse? Do you have to memorize which version you want to use at the beginning of the day or can you reverse on the fly?
1. How many spells in spell books? Check the Players Handbook first!
2. Reversible spells are fine as long as the spell states that it may be a reversible spell. However, you will need to state each day what spells you have memorized - ie either the spell or the spell reversed. You may not have both - that's double dipping.
Jul 4, 2022 2:12 pm
Are we doing the roll % (based on int) to know each spell we want to learn up to the max number per level (PHB Intelligence table II, page 10) or are we assuming that at our level we have the spells we want?

Also do you have clerics follow this rule or not at your table, since they are not magic users….Do I just they just know all the prayers. Do you play with daily prayer prep?
Jul 4, 2022 4:57 pm
There is no mention in either the 1e PHB or the OSRIC of how new spells are gained per level that I can see... The OSRIC says you get 4 spells in your book at 1st level but the PHB says nothing.

Are you deferring to the OSRIC or the PHB? Some minor differences between them...
Jul 4, 2022 7:17 pm
https://i.imgur.com/YhJRbqo.jpg
Jul 4, 2022 10:10 pm
So, how do you guys see spells working?
Jul 5, 2022 4:08 am
Basic 1e cast and forget? Memorize spells per day as allotted on the class table (4/2/1 for a 5th level MU), just need to know how many spells to start with in my book since we aren't starting at 1st level. Do you assume one new spell per level or more?
Jul 5, 2022 4:14 am
XOSkel10 says:
Are we doing the roll % (based on int) to know each spell we want to learn up to the max number per level (PHB Intelligence table II, page 10) or are we assuming that at our level we have the spells we want?

Also do you have clerics follow this rule or not at your table, since they are not magic users….Do I just they just know all the prayers. Do you play with daily prayer prep?
Cleric's don't use this table, only Magic Users, it only represents which spells a wizard CAN learn, not what he has learned.

Cleric's have access to the whole cleric list of spells for any given level, they have only to pray for the ones they want each morning.
Jul 5, 2022 5:05 pm
@Dominion considering your avatar I'll have a hard time not calling you "Tim"
Jul 5, 2022 5:07 pm
GeneralET says:
@Dominion considering your avatar I'll have a hard time not calling you "Tim"
Same
Jul 5, 2022 5:27 pm
https://64.media.tumblr.com/264f29f0a54a849318bbc1211c006a77/tumblr_owth69rH7l1s3olk1o6_400.gifv

I was actually gonna bring that up in game as soon as someone called me Delgath lol. Now it seems too on the nose XD
Last edited July 5, 2022 5:30 pm
Jul 5, 2022 7:28 pm
So In addition to knowing how many spells I can start with in my spellbook I also need to know how closely we are following first edition rules... i.e. spells taking 15 minutes per level to memorize, segment casting times in combat, announcing spells to be cast before the round begins in ernest, etc.

I know a lot of old skool PbP DM's handwave these rules for the sake of expediency, I just want to know how hardcore we are going and thus how tight I need to be with my casting.
Jul 5, 2022 7:59 pm
dominion451 says:
Basic 1e cast and forget? Memorize spells per day as allotted on the class table (4/2/1 for a 5th level MU), just need to know how many spells to start with in my book since we aren't starting at 1st level. Do you assume one new spell per level or more?
You choose.
Jul 5, 2022 8:01 pm
dominion451 says:
So In addition to knowing how many spells I can start with in my spellbook I also need to know how closely we are following first edition rules... i.e. spells taking 15 minutes per level to memorize, segment casting times in combat, announcing spells to be cast before the round begins in ernest, etc.

I know a lot of old skool PbP DM's handwave these rules for the sake of expediency, I just want to know how hardcore we are going and thus how tight I need to be with my casting.
What works best? We know where the holes are in AD&D 1st edition. I am staying with stating your spell before Initiative is rolled.
Jul 5, 2022 9:45 pm
I get to choose how many spells are in my book? Sounds good to me.

As for what works best between 1e and PbP it's really up to you if you wanna use segment timing or not but personally I never do... too much to track from post to post.

Of course I'm against long memorization times, spending three hours each morning memorizing my spells seems extraneous.
Jul 5, 2022 10:54 pm
Hello everyone! Thank you for letting me tag a long. Will I need more than the 1e Player's Handbook?
Jul 5, 2022 11:20 pm
dominion451 says:

As for what works best between 1e and PbP it's really up to you if you wanna use segment timing or not but personally I never do... too much to track from post to post.

Of course I'm against long memorization times, spending three hours each morning memorizing my spells seems extraneous.
Cool! Lets leave the segmenting of spells. How about 20 minutes memorizing per level of spell. eg. It will take you 20 minutes to learn all of your Level 1 spells for the day because you have practised them so much.

So if you have L1, L2 and L3 spells then it would take you 1 hour to memorize all your spells!
Jul 6, 2022 12:08 am
You got it
Jul 6, 2022 12:09 am
Phil_Ozzy_Fer says:
Hello everyone! Thank you for letting me tag a long. Will I need more than the 1e Player's Handbook?
Hi Phil! Probably not.
Jul 6, 2022 5:27 am
Grezen says:
dominion451 says:

Cool! Lets leave the segmenting of spells. How about 20 minutes memorizing per level of spell. eg. It will take you 20 minutes to learn all of your Level 1 spells for the day because you have practised them so much.

So if you have L1, L2 and L3 spells then it would take you 1 hour to memorize all your spells!
I perhaps suggest a house rules thread. For posterity.
Jul 6, 2022 8:01 am
Jomsviking says:
Grezen says:
dominion451 says:

Will do! Thanks!
Jul 6, 2022 8:03 am
Grezen says:
Jomsviking says:
Grezen says:
dominion451 says:

Will do! Thanks!
Can we all transfer them across please?
Jul 7, 2022 3:08 am
When would be a good time for Claudine to jump in?
Jul 7, 2022 3:59 am
Phil_Ozzy_Fer says:
When would be a good time for Claudine to jump in?
Right now as she is with the group!
Jul 7, 2022 4:18 pm
I am going to be out of town from Sunday to Saturday (10-16 July) so might be patchy in my posts
Jul 7, 2022 7:19 pm
Drakis2 says:
I am going to be out of town from Sunday to Saturday (10-16 July) so might be patchy in my posts
Have a great trip! Stay safe too!
Jul 22, 2022 4:00 am
For the next few weeks, I'll be on the road. I'll still be posting, but if I miss a day or so it's because I'm travelling.
Jul 22, 2022 9:28 am
Phil_Ozzy_Fer says:
For the next few weeks, I'll be on the road. I'll still be posting, but if I miss a day or so it's because I'm travelling.
Travel well and safe!
Jul 27, 2022 1:35 pm
I will be on vacation starting tommorow and will not have access to internet until august 7th or 8th.
Have fun in the mean time
Aug 6, 2022 8:59 pm
My postings and responses will be somewhat delayed for the next few days. My brother committed suicide on Thursday and I just found out today. I need some time to process this, so don't panic if responses are slowed.
Aug 6, 2022 9:30 pm
WhtKnt says:
My postings and responses will be somewhat delayed for the next few days. My brother committed suicide on Thursday and I just found out today. I need some time to process this, so don't panic if responses are slowed.
OMG! Sending all our thoughts and prayers to you and your family! Take care!
Aug 7, 2022 3:25 am
@WhtKnt: I am really sorry to hear that news. That is terrible. Hope you are ok.
Aug 7, 2022 1:12 pm
@WhtKnt - deepest sympathies.
Aug 7, 2022 9:15 pm
Good lord, I'm so sorry to hear that! What a horror, I can't believe it.
Aug 29, 2022 3:18 pm
Everything OK @Grezen?
Sep 1, 2022 6:22 am
OCC: Sorry guys! Huge internet problems and have shifted house but it's all good now! Will continue with game over the next two days! Thanks for your patience!
Sep 6, 2022 4:12 pm
How we looking?
Sep 12, 2022 6:26 pm
Is it still alive?
Sep 12, 2022 6:57 pm
:pokes with stick:

I don't know Tim...
Sep 12, 2022 7:08 pm
It will leave room for your MCC 😅
Sep 12, 2022 8:56 pm
At least there's that ;)
Sep 12, 2022 9:00 pm
You running Mutant Crawl Classics, Dom?
Sep 12, 2022 9:15 pm
Yeah and I need one more! Recruitment thread is up in the Games Tavern.
Sep 12, 2022 9:22 pm
I'll go take a look now! Thanks!
Sep 21, 2022 1:18 am
Seems like its flatlined chummers, see ya round the Plane.
Sep 21, 2022 1:09 pm
See you around

You do not have permission to post in this thread.