Ask Me Anything: Valdus

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jul 10, 2022 8:53 am
It sounds like, between your local knowledge and your history interests, you would be perfectly situated to run some spectacular period or modern day games set in New Orleans.

Have you ever done that, or though about doing that?

Supernatural vibes like CoC, WoD spring to mind. Or crime, noir, pulp moods...
Jul 13, 2022 5:46 pm
What do Movies and TV get wrong about your culture?
Do you finish every video game you start? (assuming they have an end)
Any great non-touristy or off the beaten path places we should see if we visit New Orleans?
What is the difference between Gumbo and Jambalaya?
Beer or wine?
Jul 13, 2022 8:49 pm
Never did anything set in New Orleans. But I do have a fantasy world that is heavily influenced by New Orleans.

If by my culture you mean New Orleans, just about everything. Mostly, streetcars don't run on every street. Mardi Gras ain't every day.

I do not finish every video game. I can't even remember the last one I finished. Besides I tend to prefer open-ended games. Oh wait I did finish Oblivion, but with cheat codes.

In New Orleans, avoid French Quarter restaurants (except Yo Mama Burgers, best burgers in any town). Parkway Tavern & Bakery is a monster bar and poboy place in Mid-City- Bayou Beer Garden next door is monster. I have many many dive bars and hole in the walls.

Gumbo is a stew, jambalaya is a rice dish similar in the style of paella- but no common flavor.

Good questions.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.