Hello - New to Play by Post

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 7, 2022 11:36 pm
Hello! My name is Tanis (He/Him), I am a 29-year-old living in the northern state of Minnesota. I have been playing TTRPGs for most of my life. While my first introduction and the one that really brought me into the hobby was D&D 3.5, I have also played Savage Worlds, Pathfinder, Rolemaster, World of Darkness, and Sentinels. I am open to trying even more systems and even own several that I just have never had the opportunity to try out. High on that list is Numenera, Overlight, and Thirsty Sword Lesbians.

I am currently running the 5E adaption of the Temple of Elemental Evil with a rotating cast of players who all leave their mercenary group sending out "scouts" who slowly are clearing out the huge dungeon. While it lets me be creative with balancing the dungeon constantly with who is able to be at each session I am looking for something more stable when it comes to getting to play.

I had heard of play by post before but just never really looked into it. My wife really pushed me to go ahead and try to find something that scratches my itch to play. So here I am. I am looking forward to learning this new medium of play and thank you for showing the ropes.
Jul 8, 2022 12:06 am
Welcome Aboard!
Tanis isn't a name you hear often.
Jul 8, 2022 12:14 am
witchdoctor says:
Welcome Aboard!
Thank you! It comes from the book Dragons of Autumn's Twilight by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman.
Jul 8, 2022 12:23 am
Welcome! I'm glad someone asked about your name cuz I certainly would have. And the answer is what I guessed! Lol
Jul 8, 2022 12:36 am
Welcome to GP, Tanis!
Jul 8, 2022 1:35 am
Welcome Thalanthalas!
Jul 8, 2022 2:23 am
Welcome Thalanthalas. Thirsty Sword Lesbians, eh? I got a bunch of that material in various bundles over the last year but haven't dug deep into it. (I love PBP for getting to try all kinds of systems that my live troupes wouldn't touch, or don't have time for.)
Jul 8, 2022 4:11 am
Welcome, Tanis!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Jul 8, 2022 5:40 am
Welcome to GP and PbP roleplaying, Tanis. Let us know if you have questions or want to bounce some ideas around.
Jul 8, 2022 6:46 am
Thalanthalas says:
witchdoctor says:
Welcome Aboard!
Thank you! It comes from the book Dragons of Autumn's Twilight by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman.
welcome. Grew up on Dragonlance
Last edited July 8, 2022 7:12 am
Jul 8, 2022 6:48 am
Welcome. Did you bring Tasslehoff with you?

Len

Jul 8, 2022 4:54 pm
Welcome to the community!
Jul 8, 2022 5:09 pm
Welcome, Tanthalas!
Jul 8, 2022 7:28 pm
Hello and welcome!
Jul 8, 2022 9:55 pm
Greetings and Salutations!
Jul 9, 2022 1:37 am
Welcome! I'm sure you'll get your itch scratched!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.