ROLE PLAYING GAME (RPG) SOCIAL CONTRACT

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 24, 2022 5:06 am
ROLE PLAYING GAME (RPG) SOCIAL CONTRACT
The RPG Social Contract provides expectations for the GM, Players and the game. The intent is to provide a comfortable environment for everyone to enjoy our shared pastime of playing RPGs. The RPG Social Contract also provides information on how the game is run and is not negotiable. The information is here to help you make an informed decision on whether the games I run would be a good fit for you.

FAILURE TO ABIDE BY THE RPG SOCIAL CONTRACT WILL RESULT IN YOU LEAVING

PROBLEMATIC BEHAVIOR (((zero tolerance)))

**Communication among all should be polite and one of mutual respect. **

Verbal Aggression: can be described as demeaning or derogatory jokes and comments, threats of violence, bullying towards a PC, Player, GM.

Argumentative: persistent arguing and/or frequently provoking arguments.

Nitpicking: frequently looking for small or unimportant errors or faults, especially in order to criticize unnecessarily.

Disruptive Behavior: This is behavior that puts your enjoyment of the game at expense of the group.

Sexual Content: is absolutely prohibited. This not only includes obvious direct comments but more subtle acts and comments that sexualize the player or their PC.

PLAYERS

Quitting The Game
When someone either can’t play anymore, or just isn’t interested you may let me know if you like but it is not necessary. If you left on good terms, you are welcome back, no worries. The PC is gone and all spell effects etc… end immediately.

Know How Your Character Works: Become the expert on how your character works, spells, abilities and the rules associated with them. Please prepare for this in advance. It keeps things moving along.

Start with What You Want: Instead of starting with numerous questions to arrive at what your PC is wanting in game, start with that direct question as it save time keeping the game moving along. Example of numerous questions vs one direct question: numerous questions; what's in the room? is there anything shiny? is it attached to anything? How heavy is it? Direct question; Is there a mirror in the room I can use to reflect sunlight on to the vampire with?

GAME MASTER (GM)

Bad Calls: This will be even less likely in PBP but could still happen from time to time. This is not personal. I don't like it; you won't like it and I'll continue to strive to do better next time. In PBP this will likely happen due a post that may not seem clear. Other times the GM or Player posting ahead of one another too quickly. In most cases we will just clarify what should have happened, fix it and we move on.

Thread locked