Ask Me Anything: Amberthegirlgeekgamer87

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Amberthegirlgeekgamer87

bowlofspinach

Aug 4, 2022 8:47 pm
Amberthegirlgeekgamer87
In an attempt to get to know the community and other users on GP better, we want to allow a different member each week to step into the spotlight.
You can find more information here.
About me:
Name: Amber
Personal Pronouns: She/her
RPG Interests: Have been a fan of Dnd 5e as well as been a player since February of 2021 to now because of the shows Critical role, High Rollers and The World of IO Ioverse dnd games on YouTube DMed by Brett Ultimus which inspired me to try playing dnd 5e. My first ever game was Dungeon of the Mad mage which I played through Facebook Video chat which was a lot of fun until the game ended in June of that year due to drama and the game group died. I then played in Legend of Zelda dnd from August to December 2021 where we played through the game Ocarina of time in dnd until that game ended due to the DM had to step away due to personal reasons. I have been playing in the Torespar Living world dnd game since September 2021 to now which is Voice only on Roll20 and discord which introduced me to my first ever dnd character death and I am now up to my 4th ever dnd character in that world which is streamed sometimes. I am also playing in a game called Linkler's will dnd on discord and roll20 which started right after our other Thursday night dnd game Earth3022 died after a few months of playing. I have only had three character deaths in dnd so far and all of my other characters were retired at Level 5. I have only played characters in dnd up to Level 5. This year is also my first time as a Dnd DM GM storyteller and playing and dming in a play by post dnd game here on the Gamersplane forums. My favorite classes to play as are Fighter, Rogue, Bard, and Monk so far besides Totem warrior barbarian. I have not played any of the other classes yet. My favorite races to play so far in Dnd is Halfling, Variant human, Air genasi, Tiefling, and Haregon rabbitfolk. Besides Dnd I enjoyed playing Honey heist and the Raccoon racing 1 page ttrpg game done by the same author of the Honey heist game.
Non-Rpg Interests: When I am not playing dnd or ttrpg games, I love to go bowling, play video games, watch movies, read, listen to music and podcasts, color in adult coloring books, and more.

I am an 34 year old Christian woman who has autism and is Ace (Asexual)who loves dnd and more. My favorite actor is Robert Englund, my favorite author is Sherrilyn Kenyon, one of my favorite movies is 2001 Maniacs and more. My birthday is September 26, 1987.
This AMA will run until 11 August 2022.
Aug 4, 2022 10:19 pm
Let me know if ya'll have any questions. I'll happily answer them. 😁 have an awesome day.
Aug 4, 2022 11:02 pm
Hi Amber, what do you like best about having a birthday in the fall?
Aug 4, 2022 11:15 pm
Qralloq says:
Hi Amber, what do you like best about having a birthday in the fall?
Hey Qralloq!

Awesome question! I love celebrating my birthday all month long and love having my birthday in the Fall because of the Fair that comes around before my birthday and cooler weather is always a plus and with Fall means besides my birthday also means that Haunted house Season starts right afterwards (though they scare me, lol) and Halloween and Thanksgiving isn't too far behind but love seeing the leaves change colors is awesome too. I live in Tennessee so basically the best place to see the leaves change is I think in the Smoky mountains around the pigeon forge area but you can see them basically anywhere. Also the Fall is a great time to have s'mores and hot chocolate and more. Basically a great excuse to start wearing pants and long sleeves and sweaters and sweatshirts and more.

Thanks for the question. 😁
Aug 5, 2022 12:30 am
Hey Amber,

Thanks a lot for sharing! I was wondering, what kind of music do you like? Do you have favorite bands?
Aug 5, 2022 12:55 am
Cathamber stole my stock question 😁 so what are your favorite movies or series?
Aug 5, 2022 2:44 am
Cathamber says:
Hey Amber,

Thanks a lot for sharing! I was wondering, what kind of music do you like? Do you have favorite bands?
Hey Cathamber!

No problem.

I love 80s music, musicals, 90s, New age, Christian, Nature music and more. I basically listen to a hodgepodge of different things.

I actually love Billy Joel, Bon Jovi , Within Temptation, Pianist Robin Spielberg, Backstreet boys, Josh groban, Linkin park, Dokken, Poison, Elton John, Jump5, Zoegirl, Queen and more. I love singers, musicians and the songs they share as they all tell stories through their music.

I know you didn't ask this as part of your question but my favorite songs are like "Come What May" from Moulin Rouge, "Your Song" by Elton John, "I stand Alone" by Steve Perry, "Wanted Dead or Alive" by Bon Jovi, "Invincible " by Pat Benatar and more.

Thanks for your question. 😁
Last edited August 5, 2022 3:00 am
Aug 5, 2022 2:53 am
Windyridge says:
Cathamber stole my stock question 😁 so what are your favorite movies or series?
Hey Windyridge!

I actually have 3 favorite movies of all time which are:
1. 2001 Maniacs Starring Robert Englund
2. Ferris Bueller's Day off
3. Dirty Dancing

My favorite horror film is Nightmare on Elm Street 3 Dream Warriors

Also my first ever movie I saw in movie theaters which is one of my favorite animated films is The Great Mouse Detective.

As for favorite TV series, I love The Good Doctor, Ouran high school host club, Doogie Howser MD, Dexter, Only Murders in the building, Big bang theory, Sailor moon 90s series, Are you afraid of the dark? , and more. I love anime, shows from the 90s , 80s, drama, horror shows, just awesome shows in general.

Last anime show I finished was Cautious hero which was a pretty good anime on Hulu.

The last pretty good movies I watched and enjoyed was The Princess on Hulu and La la land. Nope was good too and was better than Jordan Peeles last movie Us.

I'm a fan of classic and indie horror movies, animated/anime films, fantasy films, musicals, comedies, action adventure films and more.
Aug 5, 2022 3:59 am
How would you want bring non-D&D interests like bowling into a ttrpg? It could be fun
Aug 5, 2022 4:11 am
Phil_Ozzy_Fer says:
How would you want bring non-D&D interests like bowling into a ttrpg? It could be fun
My DM actually did bowling in one of my dnd games before and tried to play it with one of the players as a practice game of bowling with clay bowling balls and after the player played and lost the practice game, it was never mentioned or brought up ever again. It was basically a d20 roll and the highest roll was basically how many pins were knocked down. Thought it was pretty interesting though to see bowling in dnd.
Aug 5, 2022 4:57 am
Quote:
Elm Street 3 Dream Warriors
Good choice! Definitely the best Nightmare on Elm Street film.
What's your favorite D&D monster?
Aug 5, 2022 7:46 am
Hey Amber!
Not a question, but based on your love of 80s and 90s shows and on your location, I think you'd really enjoy the novel "Strong Bones" by Robert J Peterson, set in the Smoky Mountains. It has Elm Street vibes and tons of retro tropes.
Last edited August 5, 2022 7:50 am
Aug 5, 2022 12:26 pm
Hi Amber!

What do you like most about D&D and roleplaying in general? What makes you love them?

Hopefully that isn't too broad of a question, feel free to skip over it if it is too difficult. I just wonder often what draws people into the hobby in general! :)
Aug 5, 2022 1:13 pm
bowlofspinach says:
Quote:
Elm Street 3 Dream Warriors
Good choice! Definitely the best Nightmare on Elm Street film.
What's your favorite D&D monster?
Hey Bowlofspinach!

Yep. Its also the Fan favorite film according to my favorite actor and friend Robert Englund who says dream Warriors is the Christian MTV elm street movie in his autobiography Hollywood monster a walk down elm street with the man of your dreams.

As for favorite dnd monster? Well my least favorites are Gnolls cuz one of my dnd characters almost got enslaved to them, zombies, stirges, dire bear cuz I had a character die to one, giant squid cuz my character died to one, demons, Barlgura, and Night hag. Seeing an ooteugg was terrifying too so am not a fan of that either.

Favorite dnd monsters are basically the ones I've beaten as a player which are the giant snake, Griffens and more. Also when we beat the lava lizard from Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time dnd 5e when we were in the Goron city before that game came to an end.

Haven't beaten many and haven't completed many dungeons since dungeon of the mad mage. A few dungeons I've had to flee because the encounters were too hard but at least the dungeons in Legend of Zelda dnd were easy since its basically the ones from Ocarina of time. Too bad we never got to finish that game. It was a lot of fun while it lasted.
Aug 5, 2022 1:14 pm
Dr_B says:
Hey Amber!
Not a question, but based on your love of 80s and 90s shows and on your location, I think you'd really enjoy the novel "Strong Bones" by Robert J Peterson, set in the Smoky Mountains. It has Elm Street vibes and tons of retro tropes.
Yeah. I'll look and see if my library or ebooks library has it and I'll check it out. Thanks for the recommendation, Dr B!
Aug 5, 2022 1:33 pm
Tealed says:
Hi Amber!

What do you like most about D&D and roleplaying in general? What makes you love them?

Hopefully that isn't too broad of a question, feel free to skip over it if it is too difficult. I just wonder often what draws people into the hobby in general! :)
I love dnd because of the roleplaying aspect of it and combat only with a full party that stays together and the rewards and XP you get after you accomplish a quest. Plus it was through watching Critical role, High rollers dnd, and the World of IO streamed games that made me want to try dnd 5e out.

I've basically been alone in dnd with only an npc party or with 1 person and an npc for a long time in the Torespar Western Reach dnd game recently that I do not want to engage in combat anymore without a full party because I have fought by myself and died three times so far in the same dnd game world because the encounters were too hard or unfair like a 3 demons against one player is unfair. I do not even like combat much anymore that I am scared that I'll die again so if I do combat I rather do it with a full party.

I enjoy the roleplaying aspects of dnd better because you get to play a character and bring them to life through the backstory you have written and your emotions and more. I totally get attached to my characters and it hurts when your characters die or have to be retired.

My favorite types of dnd stories are the ones where you and a full party go to complete a quest. Like when I played with Earth3022 the scifi dnd game I played before with my Thursday night dnd game group, we were tasked as Police Academy graduates to help the humans and the Naynah aliens who were basically aliens that took over Earth to live together peacefully but we had to fight kids on steroids, Mexican cartels, and redneck bandits in order to accomplish our quest not knowing we were in a simulation the whole time. It ended before we got to finish it and we all decided to leave the simulation at the end to go into the real world.

I also loved in Legend of Zelda dnd where we were a group of heroes asked by Princess Zelda to find the Triforce gems and stop Ganon from destroying the world in Ocarina of time and that was my first time playing the game in dnd format because I never played the video game and we had ended in the Zora domain before that game quit too.

I have only played characters starting from level 3 to level 5 and my 1st ever dnd character in Torespar Western Reach ran from level 1 to level 5. I have never been able to play a character past level 5 so I have not gotten to experience high tier level dnd yet.

But I love Dnd cuz I get to hang out with my friends whenever we get to play, roleplay and complete quests and only do combat with a full party that is fair and balanced.

I love doing voice only dnd on discord and roll20 just as much as I do the play by post dnd games on here.
Aug 5, 2022 4:05 pm
Do you have a favorite soundtrack? Which one?

Given your love for Actual Plays like Critical ROLE, have you ever tried watching Dimension20? It is by far my favorite AP show. The first season are free on youtube!
Aug 5, 2022 4:50 pm
What is the level closer social interaction do you care to have in your gaming?
Aug 5, 2022 8:16 pm
Aironfabio says:
Do you have a favorite soundtrack? Which one?

Given your love for Actual Plays like Critical ROLE, have you ever tried watching Dimension20? It is by far my favorite AP show. The first season are free on youtube!
I love the Don bluth Thumbelina soundtrack which Barry Manilow wrote all of the songs to and the animated film Anastasia I love the movie soundtrack for that too.

I think I've seen a dimension 20 show before which was the candy kingdom one and it was good. I actually love high rollers dnd, Critical role, Godforged dnd and mistletoe dnd ran by Joe fudge as the live action streamed dnd shows but I actually like the voice only streamed games that the World of IO is because it focuses more on the characters and the story than the people playing the characters.

Thanks for the question Arionfabio ! 😁
Aug 5, 2022 8:18 pm
GeneCortess says:
What is the level closer social interaction do you care to have in your gaming?
I actually love having restaurant rp, tavern rp, romance in dnd but like the Disney animated film kind, and chaotic shenanigans are fun to rp too. Travel rp and camp rp are cool too. I actually prefer voice only dnd games on roll20 and discord better because I don't like showing my face online and don't use a webcam and I think seeing the characters and the story is much better than seeing the people playing the characters faces. I have tried dnd video chat before and I didn't like it so much so I like playing on roll20 with discord for voice chat better. Also love seeing grid battle maps as it helps me to do combat and maps so I can see where we are at too.

Theater of the mind is good too but I love to see things visually when I play dnd.
Last edited August 5, 2022 8:49 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.