Thought I'd pop in to introduce myself

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 7, 2022 10:35 am
Nice to meet you all, my name is Dragon Nights.

I'm on the plus side of 40 yet mostly a noob at rpgs and definitely a noob at pbp. I'm in a relatively long running 5e homebrew campaign that runs online and I'm looking for ways to fill the need for more DnD/rpg that does not completely hog all my weekend free time. The premise of pbp sounds perfect, as I also love reading and writing and have time to spend on keeping up with posting.

Anyway, I really only know 5e, but I'm open to learn other systems, if y'all have the patience for me learning as I go.
Aug 7, 2022 10:36 am
Welcome, Nights!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Aug 7, 2022 11:07 am
Welcome, DragonNights!
Aug 7, 2022 11:58 am
Welcome to the community, Dragon Nights! Glad to have you here.
Aug 7, 2022 12:13 pm
There are plenty of different systems to dip your toes into on GamersPlane with new games opening fairly frequently. Beginners and those unfamiliar with those systems are often more than welcome to join those games, too.

Check in at the Games Tavern recruitment thread for specific details but Interest Checks are often posted here and on the GamersPlane DISCORD channel. Asking for something specific doesn't hurt either...

Welcome Aboard!
Aug 7, 2022 12:47 pm
Welcome DragonNights, hope you can get into a 5e game soon enough and have fun! Enjoy your stay here. :)
Aug 7, 2022 1:37 pm
Greetings and Salutations!

Len

Aug 7, 2022 2:25 pm
Welcome to the community, DragonNights!
Aug 7, 2022 3:09 pm
Welcome, DragonNights. I suspect that most games are openly friendly to new players -- sometimes games spring up where not even the GM has played that system before! There are very few where the interest call is specific for deeply experienced players.

I hope you find some great games to try!
Aug 7, 2022 3:14 pm
Hello and welcome!
Aug 7, 2022 3:55 pm
Welcome, Dragon Nights. Lots of 5e and other games here, as folks are saying above. Enjoy your time on GP and welcome to the fold!
Aug 7, 2022 10:40 pm
Hello, hello!

If you're looking for a flavor that's very not 5e, may I highly recommend to you https://jasontocci.itch.io/2400?
Aug 8, 2022 12:32 am
Yay! Fresh blood. Welcome :)
Aug 8, 2022 7:55 am
Thanks for the warm welcomes all.
I'm now immersed in link and public game reading to get a feel for what's going on :)

I hope to meet you in a game soon.
Aug 8, 2022 7:56 am
tibbius says:
Hello, hello!

If you're looking for a flavor that's very not 5e, may I highly recommend to you https://jasontocci.itch.io/2400?
Thank you, a quick glance at the link didn't send me running for the hills soI will keep an eye on the public game I see that you've started to see what it's all about.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.