Character Generation Thread

Aug 9, 2022 9:32 pm
Use this thread to talk about your characters.
Aug 9, 2022 10:53 pm
Quote:
Rivers: Male Human fighter type.

Is below correct application of 12 skill points?

Agility d6 and Agility Skills:
Athletics d10
Fighting d10
Stealth d6
Thievery d6
Athletics and Stealth both start at d4, so the total cost for them is 5 for Athletics and 1 for Stealth. Thievery costs 2, and Fighting at d10 would cost 6 points. 5+1+2+6=14, so you are 2 points over. My suggestion would be to either reduce Fighting to a d8 or lose Thievery.
Quote:
Are the below fine for Hinderances and edges?

Hinderances: Cautious, Driven, and Clueless.

Edges: Frenzy, Counterattack, Iron Jaw, Nerves of Steel, and Trademark Weapon.
Hindrances are fine, but you could attain, at max, three Edges (one for being human, one for every two points granted by Hindrances). All of these Edges are acceptable since the Born a Hero rule is in effect, but you need to lose two of them. If you want to keep Iron Jaw and/or Nerves of Steel, you will need to increase your Vigor to d8. Personally, I recommend losing those two until you get a few increases.
Quote:
What is Downtime: ???????? Setting: The following Setting Rules are in effect.
Downtime is found in the new SWADE Fantasy Companion. In a nutshell, it allows you to spend time between adventures doing things like resting and recovering, working to earn extra cash, enchant items, carousing, or researching new powers.
Last edited August 9, 2022 11:36 pm
Aug 10, 2022 12:04 am
Have submitted a character. A basic mix of fighter/thief. Am happy to make any changes, or even change the character type if the party is missing some skills
Aug 10, 2022 4:41 pm
Just submitted my character (Mel) for approval! A young orphan from Orlane. Magically gifted kid a bit mistrusted due to his abilities but too curious and good hearted for his own good.
Aug 10, 2022 6:03 pm
Did some minor updates on the character, mostly in the gear he was carrying. So they are more suited to his job as a bounty hunter.

An outsider, not from Orlane or the surrounding locale, and driven by his search for justice. Taciturn, but sympathetic to folk in need of some justice.
Aug 10, 2022 6:12 pm
Smiles. I guess Rivers is ready. :)

Rivers: Male Human. Mostly leather armor. Spear Blood Spiller and Dagger. Wild Fighter!

He is driven, cautious, and clueless!
Last edited August 10, 2022 6:14 pm
Aug 10, 2022 8:12 pm
Voldemorr says:
Just submitted my character (Mel) for approval! A young orphan from Orlane. Magically gifted kid a bit mistrusted due to his abilities but too curious and good hearted for his own good.
Only thing I see is that you need to choose your powers. You should have five powers and 15 power points. You also get three extra languages.
Aug 10, 2022 8:15 pm
GeneCortess says:
Smiles. I guess Rivers is ready. :)

Rivers: Male Human. Mostly leather armor. Spear Blood Spiller and Dagger. Wild Fighter!

He is driven, cautious, and clueless!
Don't forget that you get two extra languages. Other than that, looks good!!
Aug 10, 2022 8:17 pm
Just starting on working on my character.

I can't seem to find the Born a Hero rule at all in the rules book I have.
Are we using any additionals above the base SW book?

Edit:
Nvm found the issue.
Last edited August 10, 2022 8:35 pm
Aug 10, 2022 8:19 pm
Drakis2 says:
Did some minor updates on the character, mostly in the gear he was carrying. So they are more suited to his job as a bounty hunter.

An outsider, not from Orlane or the surrounding locale, and driven by his search for justice. Taciturn, but sympathetic to folk in need of some justice.
Don't forget that as a linguist, you get six additional languages! Other than that, looks good!
Aug 10, 2022 9:22 pm
OOC:
@WhtKnt: ok, I have added 6 languages. I sourced them from various Greyhawk sites online, so true to the original material
Aug 10, 2022 11:32 pm
Submitted Zana

She is quite a normal girl really. Only somehow the god of the oceans seems to have blessed her with healing powers among others.
Aug 10, 2022 11:38 pm
Don't forget that you get two extra languages. Other than that, looks good!!

Besides common, what would be two common languages in the area because that is what he would have? He sat in the back at school and ate candy. That is when he ever showed up at school. He isn't studious at all. Lots of bronze and not much else.

Working now on getting some fluff done. :)

Edit: Rivers is blessed with Blood Spiller (Spear) and not much else.

Smiles. If he had the gold then he would be in that nice chain armor too! He has to settle for mostly leather.
[ +- ] Picture of Rivers
[ +- ] Attached Rules Settings.
Last edited August 11, 2022 12:22 am
Aug 11, 2022 1:22 am
That's cool. If you don't want the extra langs, I'm not going to make you take them.
Aug 11, 2022 1:56 am
Cool. I don't think he is the kind of guy to have them. LOL.
Aug 11, 2022 3:00 pm
Hey. I've been out of commission for a couple of days, and haven't done anything on my character yet.

Questions:
1. Are we just using the SWADE core book?
2. Are we just using the basic "old school" races (humans, dwarves, elves, halflings)? Or can we use the race construction rules to build some of the other species available in current D&D? (Not saying I want to do that - just curious about my options).
Aug 12, 2022 1:05 am
The SWADE Core book. I am also using the SWADE Fantasy Companion Alpha, but I don't expect the rest of you to have access to this work and a lot of it is GM stuff anyway. If you wish to create a race, I am more than open to such, so long as you balance it.
Aug 12, 2022 9:57 pm
Ok. I've got my concept. I'm going to build an Elf ranger type. Sorry for the delay.
Aug 13, 2022 3:01 am
And... I did something that resembled "making a character". I was using an online tool to do the math for me, but I think it worked out. Not sure if this is a good character or not, being as I have not created a SWADE character before. So we'll see.

Elevar
Elven Ranger - shoots things with a bow and is good in the woods
Oh, and the law of the wild is "kill or be killed". So he has the Bloodthirsty hindrance. :D
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.