Hello there!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 10, 2022 5:37 pm
Hi everyone,

I'm really hopeful about this community and PbP. I first started playing Pathfinder in college with a couple of roommates and had a blast. Since then I've usually been running games, but I just love it all.

I've played Pathfinder, Star Wars Edge of the Empire, Stars without Number, and Dungeon Crawl Classics. I've spent the most time playing EotE as a player and I've Gm'd DCCRPG for two+ years. My group fell apart though sadly and I've been trying to figure out how to get back into games. So here I am!

I love games with high player agency. I love the blog Goblin Punch...that and DCC are probably my biggest influences. I'm pretty open minded about learning a new system; just want to find a good group that is patient with a new guy!
Aug 10, 2022 5:38 pm
Welcome, Hototo!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Aug 10, 2022 5:39 pm
Hey! In the past few months since I found this board, it's proven to be a great community for starting and playing rpgs. You're likely to find what you're looking for, here. Just jump into one of the games that's being Interest Checked in the Tavern.
Aug 10, 2022 7:20 pm
Hello Hototo. Welcome to GP!
Aug 10, 2022 8:19 pm
Welcome!
Aug 10, 2022 8:31 pm
Welcome Hototo! Hope you can get into a game soon enough and pick up the hobby once more. :) Hope to see you around!
Aug 10, 2022 9:56 pm
Welcome Aboard!

If you've come to be a part of a good community, you're in the right place! The DISCORD channel is a great place to get to know everyone, ask questions, respectfully voice your opinions on a vast array of topics and generally get the social temperature and tone of our little community. The Games Tavern and other forums are another place to haunt if you're so inclined.
Aug 10, 2022 10:30 pm
Welcome to GP, Hototo! Hope you have a great time playing here, and I have some goods news — DCC is a pretty hot game lately ‘round these parts!
Last edited August 10, 2022 10:30 pm
Aug 10, 2022 10:49 pm
Greetings and Salutations!
Aug 10, 2022 11:18 pm
Welcome to GP!
Aug 10, 2022 11:56 pm
Welcome Hototo! Good people keep raving about DCC, and there are games of it here -- I should try it someday. Hope you find some great games, and be patient, especially at first.
Aug 11, 2022 2:09 am
Welcome! DCC is one of my top games as well and I'm a fan of FFG's SW games too. You'll fit right in I think!
Aug 11, 2022 2:21 am
nezzeraj says:
Welcome! DCC is one of my top games as well and I'm a fan of FFG's SW games too. You'll fit right in I think!
That's cool! I know it's not as common but I love it. Great balance of rules and style.
Aug 11, 2022 4:46 am
Welcome!

Len

Aug 11, 2022 4:50 am
Welcome to the community, Hototo!
Aug 11, 2022 8:45 am
Welcome :)
Aug 11, 2022 12:35 pm
Hello and welcome!
Aug 11, 2022 2:57 pm
Welcome to the community, Hototo!
Aug 14, 2022 4:00 pm
Hi hope you have fun!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.