[Interest Check] Lady Blackbird... in Spanish

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedLady BlackbirdPublic4 / weekgnomius
Lady Blackbird está huyendo de un matrimonio concertado con el conde Carlowe. Ha contratado una nave contrabandista, El Búho, para que la lleven desde su palacio en el mundo imperial de Ilysium hasta los lejanos confines de los Restos, y poder encontrarse con su antiguo amante secreto, el Rey Pirata Uriah Flint.

SIN EMBARGO — antes de alcanzar el punto intermedio de su viaje a Mundorrefugio, El Búho fue perseguido y capturado por el crucero Imperial Mano del Pesar, bajo cargo de volar con pabellón falso.

EN ESTE MOMENTO, Lady Blackbird, su escolta, y la tripulación de El Búho permanecen retenidos en el calabozo de la nave, mientras el comandante del crucero, el Capitán Hollas, comprueba por radio la matrícula del buque. Es solo cuestión de tiempo que descubran las órdenes de arresto pendientes y sepan que El Búho es propiedad de nada menos que el infameforajido Cyrus Vance.

¿Cómo escaparán lady Blackbird y los demás de la Mano del Pesar?
¿Qué peligros les aguardan en su camino?
¿Serán capaces de encontrar la guarida secreta del rey pirata?
Si lo consiguen, ¿aceptará Uriah Flint a lady Blackbird como esposa? Para cuando hayan llegado, ¿seguirá ella queriendo serlo?

Aug 19, 2022 8:22 am
Hi,

So, following up on this thread I started some time ago about games in other languages, I would be willing to give it a try and offer myself to run a game in Spanish.

The idea would be to help people who have Spanish as a secondary language to polish their skills while having fun, but native Spanish speakers would be welcome too, as long as they are patient and understanding with the non-native ones.

To test the waters, I think that we could go with something short and sweet, and Lady Blackbird is great for that. This is a brilliant module, setting, pre-gen characters, plot hook and system rules "all in one", in less than 16 pages (and 10 of them are character sheets) :-)

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Is_VGdwqfh8/T4niFkd5M9I/AAAAAAAADSc/BVcov1E8byQ/s1600/LadyBlackbirdLogo.jpg

Pitch in Spanish follows. If you are able to understand 80% of the following text, then your Spanish is probably good enough to join the game:
Quote:
Lady Blackbird está huyendo de un matrimonio concertado con el conde Carlowe. Ha contratado una nave contrabandista, El Búho, para que la lleven desde su palacio en el mundo imperial de Ilysium hasta los lejanos confines de los Restos, y poder encontrarse con su antiguo amante secreto, el Rey Pirata Uriah Flint.

SIN EMBARGO — antes de alcanzar el punto intermedio de su viaje a Mundorrefugio, El Búho fue perseguido y capturado por el crucero Imperial Mano del Pesar, bajo cargo de volar con pabellón falso.

EN ESTE MOMENTO, Lady Blackbird, su escolta, y la tripulación de El Búho permanecen retenidos en el calabozo de la nave, mientras el comandante del crucero, el Capitán Hollas, comprueba por radio la matrícula del buque. Es solo cuestión de tiempo que descubran las órdenes de arresto pendientes y sepan que El Búho es propiedad de nada menos que el infameforajido Cyrus Vance.

¿Cómo escaparán lady Blackbird y los demás de la Mano del Pesar?
¿Qué peligros les aguardan en su camino?
¿Serán capaces de encontrar la guarida secreta del rey pirata?
Si lo consiguen, ¿aceptará Uriah Flint a lady Blackbird como esposa? Para cuando hayan llegado, ¿seguirá ella queriendo serlo?

If there is interest in this, then I would be taking 5 players, as this is the number of pre-gen characters. If you want to check the rules, available PCs, etc... you can check it in Spanish HERE.

Thanks!
Aug 19, 2022 3:23 pm
He leido las reglas por español, y las entiendi. Uso Google Translate para corregir mis palabras, y por tiempos para buscar palabras como "oraciones." Entiendi casi todo de su interest check. Quiero tratar jugar con ustedes. ¿Es bueno?
Aug 19, 2022 6:18 pm
Claro que sí, si tú te sientes cómodo, bienvenido. :-)

Not sure if in this thread, as it's in the public forum, we should stick to English.
Aug 19, 2022 11:02 pm
I'm in!!
Gimme Cyrus, Kale, Snargle, Cpt Hollas, Flint or even conde Carlowe! Whichever! I'm in!

That's pretty good Tibbius!
Aug 22, 2022 10:47 am
Okay, that’s 2 out of 5 then. Let’s see if we can get some more interest!
Aug 22, 2022 3:52 pm
I'm interested but unfortunately my spanish level is just not there yet. Let me know when you start so I can follow along though
Aug 23, 2022 8:33 pm
C'mon! You don't need to be an expert on a language to enjoy it!
You can always take it as a good opportunity to practice in a fun setting... You won't get RPG sentences in Doulingo!
And, if you mess a bit, a bit of misunderstanding could actually cause some funny situations, so its a win-win.

Of course, for the more 'serious' learners, we can always do some kind of 'feedback' (in OCC, and when requested) if you really want it.
Aug 24, 2022 2:39 am
I read at probably a grade-school level and can’t conjugate a verb to save my life—especially not in any tense other than present—but if you end up one player short and don’t mind my fiddling with translation software to clean my posts up a bit you can slot me in. (is there a character who’s a foreigner? 🤪)
Aug 24, 2022 7:50 am
akorn says:
I read at probably a grade-school level and can’t conjugate a verb to save my life—especially not in any tense other than present—but if you end up one player short and don’t mind my fiddling with translation software to clean my posts up a bit you can slot me in. (is there a character who’s a foreigner? 🤪)
There's a story that floats around the internet every once in awhile of a school teacher with an RPG club who ran into the reverse of this, a student who was ESL. They decided that said student's character didn't speak common, and that Spanish could instead be Elvish (I believe). Mayhaps something similar could occur here? Give the players with a more involved knowledge of the language some experience translating as well.
Aug 24, 2022 8:00 am
akorn says:
(is there a character who’s a foreigner? 🤪)
Well, one of the good things in this game is that some hints are given about the world and characters, but the rest is up for the group to decide. So if you say your character is a foreigner, that's cool.

For example, one of the PCs is a goblin who is the pilot of the Owl, so we could say he has difficulties speaking the humans language. ;-)
Aug 24, 2022 2:23 pm
both of those are great (or even genial???), thanks Melody and Gnomius! sure, I’ll join in then.
Aug 24, 2022 10:48 pm
So far... I see Tibbius, Akorn, Melody and myself, right Gnomius? So 4 out of 5! Only one more to go!

¡Vamos! ¿quién se anima?
Aug 25, 2022 6:28 am
Well, not sure about Melody... I didn't see MelodyMeradin was offering to join, just giving some advice to akorn. Melody, can you confirm if you wanted to join?

NABO, sure, I will invite you as a reader (by the way, do you know what your user name means in Spanish?). :-)
Last edited August 25, 2022 6:30 am
Aug 26, 2022 7:40 pm
Thanks! Looking forward to make some progress towards my language goals in an interesting way

LOL, no, I wasn't aware of the meaning. I'm happy with turnip though, fits me in a strange way (and I'm going to ignore the insult that apparantly also can be translated with nabo, haha)
Aug 26, 2022 9:19 pm
I can join, but I have less Spanish than even akorn I think. Like 2 years back in the 2000s. If you want that great, but I didn't want to just butt in (especially since you already have one "foreign" character)
Aug 27, 2022 8:46 am
I'll say that this depends completely on you. If you feel confident and comfortable enough with your level, plus any help from Google Translate and such things, then of course you are welcome.
Aug 29, 2022 6:15 pm
OK, so we have 4 possible interested players: tibbius, Cathamber, akorn and MelodyMeradin (this last one to finally confirm)

UPping this to see if we can find the 5th one. :)
Sep 1, 2022 2:19 pm
Ok, you know what? Spanish is my first language and I have never played Lady Blackbird. The game I'm GMing is finally up and running. Why not?
Sep 1, 2022 2:47 pm
Quiero jugar como Kale Arkam, si le gusta a ustedes.
Sep 1, 2022 4:50 pm
Nice!! Bienvenido, Mr_Beastley!

OK, I will open the game and send invites to everyone then.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.