[Recruiting] Heart: The City Beneath

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

OpenHeart: The City BeneathPublic5 / weekseifi
You are Delvers, desperate people that journey into a twisted land of chaos in search of something important: secrets, truth, absolution or sanctuary. Banding together for protection and companionship, you shall trek deep into a twisting nightmare world as it will form itself around you.
You shall scar patterns into its flesh as it changes you and if you come back, you will not be the same. Yet if you succeed, all your dreams could come true.

Aug 30, 2022 9:02 am
(Note: Please see the last posts to check the recruitment for the current campaign)

A red, wet heaven slumbers beneath the earth.
A place of infinite possibilities and an unknowable intelligence.
A maze of teeth and sinew, of ancient stone, of long-forgotten machinery.

Welcome to

HEART: THE CITY BENEATH
https://i.imgur.com/IGWUX2H.jpg

The Pitch: You are Delvers, desperate people that journey into a twisted land of chaos in search of something important: secrets, truth, absolution or sanctuary. Banding together for protection and companionship, you shall trek deep into a twisting nightmare world as it will form itself around you.
You shall scar patterns into its flesh as it changes you and if you come back, you will not be the same. Yet if you succeed, all your dreams could come true.

Game system: Heart: The City Beneath is a game about delving into a fantasy nightmare undercity that will give you everything you’ve ever dreamed of - or kill you in the process. It is a hexcrawling, story-forward RPG that focuses on what characters have to lose in pursuit of their dreams in the chaotic darkness beneath the world.

Character Options: Everything available from the Core rulebook is up for grabs! Should there be interest, I would be happy to run two expeditions and see how they affect each other's Heart.

Game Duration and Post Frequency: This will be a finite campaign that will end either in the character’s gruesome death or their final success (possibly followed by a gruesome glorious death?).
In real life a full campaign takes about 8 sessions, in PbP I have literally no idea, but I would like the pace to be around 5 posts per week.

Player Experience: None needed! The system is very easy to learn on the go and there are only a few key mechanics the players need to learn.

Adult Content or Controversial Themes: This is a game about moving inside a cursed land where religious cults perform mass sacrifices, the walls are made of flesh and desires of people are manifested by land itself. While I am perfectly happy to do a fadeout, you can expect a controversial theme or two.

Welcome Marginalized Groups: All are welcome within the City Beneath!
Last edited November 1, 2023 10:19 pm
Aug 30, 2022 9:30 am
The Darkest Dungeon fan in me just screamed in delight. (Especially with your profile pic, haha).

I've been really interested in the world of Spire and Heart so mark me down as more than interested!
Aug 30, 2022 10:26 am
Hi, I'm interested in this game as well, but would I need my own copy of the rulebook to join?
Aug 30, 2022 12:13 pm
Pinging @DarK_RaideR as he expressed interest in Heart back when I was starting a Spire game!
Tealed says:
The Darkest Dungeon fan in me just screamed in delight. (Especially with your profile pic, haha).
Ahh, I am happy to see a fellow fan! I feel like Darkest Dungeon and Heart are a great fit (especially in the art department), so there may be a few "borrowed" aspects in the future, hehe!
testlum says:
Hi, I'm interested in this game as well, but would I need my own copy of the rulebook to join?
Hey Testlum! The rulebook will certainly come in handy during the character creation. That said, I am willing to share it to those who need it once the game starts.
Aug 30, 2022 12:32 pm
In that case, you can count me in! Always had a soft spot for bleak settings, so this sounds great.

KCC

Aug 30, 2022 3:20 pm
I’d like to give this a go, if you’ll have me!
Aug 31, 2022 2:35 pm
I was one of the Backers for Heart! I'd love to be able to play it finally if you'll have me!
Aug 31, 2022 2:39 pm
Incredibly happy to see that there is interest, sending the invites now!
Aug 31, 2022 4:17 pm
Jumping in to say Seifi's spire game has been fun so far! I'm around my max number of games right now, so thought would give others a chance to try out the system, but if you need another player hit me up
Aug 31, 2022 7:43 pm
I am at capacity at the moment, but just thought I'd show my support and interest - Spire and Heart are both games I really want try. Have fun!
Sep 1, 2022 2:18 am
I am interested to try it out. 5 posts a week may be a stretch for me, but I'll see.

My idea of a character is a bard that sings poetry to lift spirits, or worsen them, and to record the horrible journey that will happen. I am unsure of how the character creation will be, so I'll be willing to readapt this idea.
Sep 1, 2022 6:32 am
Darkest Dungeon the PnP rpg? Sign me up
Sep 1, 2022 12:23 pm
LightOfMidnight says:
Jumping in to say Seifi's spire game has been fun so far! I'm around my max number of games right now, so thought would give others a chance to try out the system, but if you need another player hit me up
Glad you are enjoying the Spire game! I would like to run two groups, so 1-2 more players would definitely be appreciated!
RoAries says:

My idea of a character is a bard that sings poetry to lift spirits, or worsen them, and to record the horrible journey that will happen. I am unsure of how the character creation will be, so I'll be willing to readapt this idea.
There may be a bit of tweaking needed here, however there is a sect of aelfir (high elves of the universe) warrior-poets and skalds that could fit exactly what you are going for!
I am including a short description of them from another rulebook below, note that these are meant to be incredibly OP and that a player character will be a bit weaker at the start:
[ +- ] Skalds of the Aelfir

Jomsviking says:
Darkest Dungeon the PnP rpg? Sign me up
Happy to see a fellow Darkest Dungeon fan! Aye, both games share quite a lot in terms of both artwork and themes!
Sep 2, 2022 12:07 am
That's very great! I actually was applying for another game to play as a Chaotic Neutral elf that is a poet mage/rogue that was kicked out of court/city for an undisclosed reason. That game is full, so I'll try yours.

So a skald of this universe seems to fit well!

Also, I want to get into Darkest Dungeon, but my computer seems to not run the game well. Or at least the sequel.
Sep 2, 2022 7:41 am
Hi Seifi,

I would love to be involved in this game. I heard so many good things about Heart.
My only other game is our DCC one!
Sep 2, 2022 4:43 pm
Hell to the yes, even got a ready character on the side already! Appreciate the ping, even if I was slow to respond due to being on holidays.
Sep 2, 2022 8:24 pm
Happy to see all the interest!

We are currently at 9 players, I am willing to take 1 more player so that both groups have more members in case someone drops out.

Recruitment will end on Sunday at the latest as character creation process is already under way for some.
Sep 19, 2022 2:39 pm
If there's room I'd love to join! I'm new to this platform, but have done Spire and blades in the dark online (Roll20 + Discord), and an async Starforge 😀
Oct 24, 2022 7:06 pm
As haven after haven is consumed by a mysterious curse that leaves them flooded with saltwater, a group of delvers must venture through unfriendly territory and down into the depths of the Heart to reclaim what is needed to protect the inhabitants of Heart.

https://i.imgur.com/hdf5WhF.png

The adventurers have been guarding the little town of Divesse until it was tragically flooded by what seemed to be drowned undead! The survivors now navigate through dark aquifers leading to the Temple of the Moon Beneath, the closest sanctuary to the now drowned city.

Two brave souls are required for fill in for those who have met their end in the whirling saltwater.

Shall we find them here?
Oct 26, 2022 12:32 am
Hey-ho! I'd like to join this! This delver is ready to be horrified.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.