Greetings!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Aug 30, 2022 4:28 pm
Hello all!

Just starting off an introductory post to let people know who I am, besides an overly verbose brit with a penchant for roleplay.
I'm a long time forever GM of various friendship groups over the last 15 years (a statement that has caused me to spontaneously wither into dust...) my experience is mostly in D&D 3.5 and Pathfinder (1e) though I've run a couple of shorter one-off games of Shadowrun (5e), Mutants and Masterminds, Vampire The Masquerade (20th Anniversary, though I really like what I've seen of the new edition...), Starfinder and Monster of the Week.

To be completely transparant, I'm looking for an opporunity to be a player again in some medium - but I simply don't have the free time to take part in *another* in-person game with all the games I'm running on a weekly basis. Which is when I remembered my time taking part in play-by-post games years ago, and thought this would be a good opportunity - as dedicating myself to some posts a day is much easier for me to manage around my work and social schedule.
This isn't to say I might not one day try and run something play-by-post, but it isn't what I'm hoping to get out of this site at this time.

I'm much more interested in the roleplaying and character development aspect of RP myself and I should clarify that I'm very much game for looking at systems I'm not wholey familar with, as learning new systems in my spare time is my idea of fun (I am a man who enjoys his spreadsheets, an absolute hoot at parties let me tell you...).

I look forward to meeting some of you and hopefully will see you in some games in the future!
Aug 30, 2022 4:39 pm
Welcome o King of the Walruses! Do you prefer to be referred to as 'My Liege' or 'Sire'?

PbP is an excellent medium for really going to town on roleplaying and discovering aspects of your character during play, so I envision that you'll experience plenty of that! A lot of different systems are always being tried out here in games as well, so keep an eye out on the Games Tavern for all kinds of goodness!
Aug 30, 2022 4:42 pm
Walcome.

Any new system you are particularly interested in learning. (... and playing here. I too, enjoy learning system and often find myself reading rule books of systems I know I never intend to run.)
Aug 30, 2022 5:20 pm
Tealed says:
Welcome o King of the Walruses! Do you prefer to be referred to as 'My Liege' or 'Sire'?

PbP is an excellent medium for really going to town on roleplaying and discovering aspects of your character during play, so I envision that you'll experience plenty of that! A lot of different systems are always being tried out here in games as well, so keep an eye out on the Games Tavern for all kinds of goodness!
Oh dear me no, just Walrus King will do... My Liege was my father's name... ;)
vagueGM says:
Walcome.

Any new system you are particularly interested in learning. (... and playing here. I too, enjoy learning system and often find myself reading rule books of systems I know I never intend to run.)
There are a few which would simply be new editions of games that I've previously played (D&D 5e, Pathfinder 2e, Vampire 5e) which I'm definitely interested in... I also own books for them, which helps! (picking up books for games I know I shall likely not have a chance to run is something I am very familiar with, hah!)

But really, I'm very interested in looking at anything new... I have to say, my brief stint running a game of Monster of the Week left my interested in looking at less 'traditional' games like those I grew up on. I was slightly dubious about how the Powered by the Apocalypse style of system would work, but actually once the game was up on its feet I felt it was very freeing for myself and my players.

On the other hand, I have been hankering for a good super hero game and have always been interested in diving into the old Marvel FASERIP system... Had some friends back in the day who played it, but never got to partake myself!

All in all, just happy to broaden my horizons! If nothing else, I find it's always good to experience more systems when it comes to roleplaying - it always helps me keep things fresh in the games I'm already running when I think about how other games work!
Aug 30, 2022 5:31 pm
WalrusKing says:
... was slightly dubious about how the Powered by the Apocalypse style of system would work, but actually once the game was up on its feet I felt it was very freeing for myself and my players ...
PbtA is also particularly well suited to PbP. There is also a wide variety of games, each subtly different, and spanning almost all genres, making it a wide field.
Aug 30, 2022 5:33 pm
Welcome, King of the Russes of the Wal!

If you want to see how GP functions, here are links to the New GP Member Guide, the forum rules, this video introduction made by user Qralloq and a little helpful formatting guide made by user Adam. You might also be interested in looking through some public games as well to get a feel for the site.
If you have any questions about how to use the site, you can put them into our Questions and Help subforum.

To join a game, keep your eyes on the Games Tavern, where GMs advertise their games and look for players.

You're also invited to join us on the Discord server for some friendly conversation, about the site, RPGs in general or anything else!

If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to contact any of the following moderators:

bowlofspinach
CancerMan
Dramasailor
Len
Naatkinson
Qralloq
Keleth (site owner)

Happy gaming!
Aug 30, 2022 5:56 pm
Welcome to GP, WalrusKing!
Aug 30, 2022 6:01 pm
Also, fun fact: Walrus in German is Walross, which literally just means whale horse
Aug 30, 2022 6:23 pm
Welcome!
Aug 30, 2022 6:33 pm
bowlofspinach says:
Also, fun fact: Walrus in German is Walross, which literally just means whale horse
As someone whose partner is half German this is not only a fact I am aware of, but one that I revel in! :)

Also thank you for the links, the formatting guide is particularly useful!
Aug 30, 2022 6:46 pm
Welcome WalrusKing!

Len

Aug 30, 2022 7:01 pm
Welcome to the community, your Majesty!
Aug 30, 2022 7:34 pm
Welcome Aboard!
Aug 30, 2022 9:58 pm
Welcome to GP, Walrus King!
Aug 30, 2022 11:00 pm
Welcome to GP, WalrusKing!
Aug 30, 2022 11:22 pm
Hello and welcome!
Aug 31, 2022 12:50 am
Welcome!
Aug 31, 2022 2:18 am
Welcome to the fold!
Aug 31, 2022 8:40 am
Welcome :)
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.