Guide: Embedding Images into your Post

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Jan 30, 2019 1:50 pm
^ 2nding imgur, it's the best for hassle-free image hosting.
Jan 30, 2019 2:17 pm
Airickson says:
Imgur is my new go-to for this sort of thing. Easy upload and then just copy and paste the direct link and you're set. I've not run into any issues with images disappearing.

Below is: "[*img*]https://i.imgur.com/yMXbNGG.png[*/img*]" (minus the leading and trailing asterisks)

https://i.imgur.com/yMXbNGG.png
I also use Imgur for my pictures. I don't think it's going anywhere any time soon and it's quick and easy to use.
Jan 30, 2019 6:43 pm
I like imgur better too cause i can host my HiRes imgs on there and if i need an icon for the multiple characters i have speaking, instead of changing my image i can upload the original and it'll make it into the tumbnail so i can just embed the thumbnail of the speaker. the down side to that is it makes the text blocky.

Weather it's https://i.imgur.com/IEkbDEX.png"The gravekeeper in Phlan" or https://i.imgur.com/5Iv8QLo.jpg?2 "Volothamp at your service." but i've been embeding the image and the hires for the maps in the spoiler tags so it don't take up to much space.
[ +- ] Map
Last edited January 30, 2019 6:44 pm
Jan 30, 2019 8:40 pm
I used imgur til I got banned for asking, and I quote, "We've been having this issue for two years? Is there any chance it's going to get fixed soon?"
Jan 30, 2019 9:31 pm
Falconloft says:
I used imgur til I got banned for asking, and I quote, "We've been having this issue for two years? Is there any chance it's going to get fixed soon?"
Weird.
Jan 30, 2019 10:01 pm
Thats strange what was the issue?
Jan 30, 2019 10:29 pm
Tags falling off of posts. And yeah, it was weird, but I didn't really feel like spending time trying to argue it when I could be GMing or worldbuilding, soooooo.... next site!
Jan 30, 2019 10:33 pm
interesting bug to know about. I don't use tags myself i post on there for my images for my games on here so i private everything and just have 849 folders
Jan 30, 2019 10:38 pm
I don't even know if it's a problem anymore.
Feb 9, 2019 8:32 am
Is there any way to resize an image? Lets say that I have found a 600x800 image, but for a post 300x400 would do fine. Something like like [img= size*0.5]
Feb 9, 2019 8:54 am
That functionality has been requested but does not currently exist to my knowledge.
Feb 9, 2019 1:57 pm
runekyndig says:
Is there any way to resize an image? Lets say that I have found a 600x800 image, but for a post 300x400 would do fine. Something like like [img= size*0.5]
You have the ability to resize within the Imgur application, if that helps. Note that the "Direct Link" option is the one you'll post into the thread.
[ +- ] Image example from Imgur
Feb 11, 2019 4:15 pm
runekyndig says:
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
That functionality has been requested but does not currently exist to my knowledge.
I don't remember it being requested, but I'll look into it.
Feb 11, 2019 6:12 pm
Had to look it up because I honestly wondered if maybe I was misremembering: it's here. Absolutely cannot fault you for forgetting, with so much going on! :-)
Last edited February 11, 2019 6:13 pm
Feb 11, 2019 6:31 pm
Oh man, yah, that was years ago. I actually lost a list of feature requests from before two years ago. I reassembled most of it, but guess I missed some.
Feb 20, 2019 12:51 am
Here is a hack that will let you resize your image to whatever suits you. The image below is only 300px tall but the full size image is actually 1645x2048.
[ +- ] How to do it:
Last edited February 20, 2019 1:14 am
Feb 20, 2019 1:07 am
There is also NickPic.Host and Go Moodboard for storing photos and creating moodboards for a setting.
Feb 20, 2019 1:17 am
Here is a hack that will let you mix images and text. Sometimes (for style) it is nice to include text beside an image.
Hodor. Hodor hodor... Hodor hodor hodor hodor. Hodor, hodor. Hodor. Hodor, hodor, hodor. Hodor hodor?! Hodor, hodor. Hodor. Hodor, hodor - hodor hodor! Hodor, hodor, hodor. Hodor hodor hodor. Hodor. Hodor hodor - hodor... Hodor hodor hodor hodor; hodor hodor? Hodor. Hodor HODOR hodor, hodor hodor... Hodor hodor hodor; hodor hodor?! Hodor hodor - hodor hodor; hodor hodor; hodor hodor? Hodor hodor - hodor hodor... Hodor hodor hodor hodor. Hodor. Hodor hodor HODOR! Hodor HODOR hodor, hodor hodor - hodor hodor! Hodor hodor HODOR! Hodor hodor, hodor. Hodor hodor; hodor hodor; hodor hodor - hodor, hodor, hodor hodor.

[ +- ] How to do it:
Last edited February 20, 2019 1:23 am
Feb 20, 2019 8:15 pm
Constablebrew says:
Here is a hack that will let you mix images and text.
Hey this'll be especially helpful for NPC dialogue thanks!
Feb 20, 2019 8:32 pm
I'm new here, so what would be the advantage of doing the Hodor hack versus just using the site's in-built avatar functionality? I mean, if I'm GMing, can't I just change out my avatar for each NPC I post as?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.