The Delvers

load previous
Feb 22, 2023 1:18 am
Thanks! Yeah, there are some details a bit weird but I'll figure it out and merge our ideas together.

And btw, I made my Gnoll Cleaver a female because I feel like switching a bit when making new characters and if the genders of PCs present is a bit imbalanced.
Even then, The Tarred Stalker(she can't remember her name given by her parents) may be such an amorphous mutant that she doesn't care about identity anyways.

As for her role, I think she may be more of a bodyguard than a guide, since Mahsa may be a better guide anyways.
Last edited February 22, 2023 1:20 am
Apr 23, 2023 2:11 pm
https://i.imgur.com/0da0uk6.jpg

Here is the profile picture for now for the Tarred Stalker. Made by Wombo Dream.
Apr 23, 2023 7:05 pm
RoAries says:
Here is the profile picture for now for the Tarred Stalker. Made by Wombo Dream.
Pretty damn neat!
Nov 4, 2023 4:48 pm
Group Three

First of all, warm welcome to the brave souls that have decided to join us on this endeavor! If you need the rulebook, it is located in the first page of this thread, along with the character sheet.
If you feel like there is a lot to take in, do not worry, we can adjust to the pace you need!

As mentioned before, this group is going to be focused on the landmark of Blood Sump, a place created during one of the previous chapters of our stories. You can find the origin story of Blood Sump below, as well as recommendations for your characters!
[ +- ] Origin story of Blood Sump
There will be no limitations upon your characters, they are bound only by a shared purpose: to see the Blood Sump flourish. For those seeking a spark of inspiration, consider these origin stories:
[ +- ] Inspiration for story seeds

The Blood Sump had been around for a few weeks now and your characters may very much know each other! Feel free to establish connections pre-game, there is inspiration for it in the description of your callings.

The faith of the Ancient gods is the religion originally practiced by aelfir in their homelands to the far north. It became illegal when a rival faith of the Solar Pantheon became dominant and cast the "weak and powerless" aside. This also resulted in the aelfir military campaigns, in which they conquered much of the known world.
Not much is known about the Ancient gods because of this, and players are more than free to come up with their own deities that belong to the pantheon! Below are described the Four Three Sisters, that have been mentioned in the game before:
[ +- ] The Three Sisters
Nov 4, 2023 4:58 pm
RoAries says:
1) Some members of the Vermissian Knights have rivalry with the Apiarist, seeing as adopting The Hive as betrayal into another lifestyle. With this, I'll use as Penitent calling reason, is that OK?

2) I want to create nanobots drones that is combination of the Hive bees with metallic tech. I'll call them Buzzbots or something. Can this exist? Maybe even being a level of betrayal to the more organic Hive.
1) The Vermissian knights would have a lot minor orders and branches, pretty sure one could have a beef with the Apiarists! Do you want there to be a specific reason for them to hate each other?

2) I'm thinking - could there theoretically be an explosion (possibly a strong Heart pulse) that merged the bees with the knight's armor? While it isn't really "nano", it could provide a nice backstory - and these would be quite intense around the Drowned places, with Heart trying to remove the "parasitic" influence.
Nov 7, 2023 12:13 pm
Warm welcome to all new players, @HueHueBr,@Appalahi! Together with @RoAries and probably DragonDweller you will be Group 3.

I would kindly ask you to read the post above and to briefly introduce your character ideas - connecting your characters is much appreciated!
Nov 7, 2023 2:59 pm
Was planning to play Trinka, a human Junk Mage with Heartson calling.
[ +- ] Trinka
I was trying to find a way to connect her to the story and your prompts really helped.

I'd like to take the "visionary architect, driven to rebuild the Sump into a bastion for worshipers of the ancient gods" background, just swap the "visionary architect" for a "heart-born woman who had a bad trip vision and got addictive construction magic."

Trinka half-heartedly praises The Weaver, but it's mostly her way to justify her constant magic use.

The vision is seeing the Heart as a prison to something. (only choose that because of the SANCTUM OF THE STONE CHORUS flavor text, can change if you want)
Last edited November 7, 2023 6:55 pm
Nov 9, 2023 6:04 am
I will be playing as Johnny Bottomside, the Cyborg "Apiarist-Knight" that is a union of flesh, metal, and bees.

They will look like a deepsea diver, like a Bioshock Big Daddy.

The reason why they are in the Blood Sump? Mostly would be a secret, but it is actually to work as a mercenary, to pay for a shame he committed. Money is not priority, as it is the selfless service to the community that will repay his debt. And so, he chose the Blood Sump to be the newly-created landmark under his protection.
And I have Calling questions too.
1) Pick one of the other players: they were present at your betrayal. How are they involved?:
2) Pick one other player, you look up to them as an example of how to live. What inspired this?

I'm thinking Trinka could be involved with no. 1. Though, would she have reason for being within a flooded vermissian tunnel, or at least nearby one?
Or no. 2, if she can pretend to have noble qualities in her creative pursuits.
Last edited November 9, 2023 6:07 am
Nov 10, 2023 12:10 am
Definitly the first option. All of Trinka's know spell revolve around tinkering and creation magic. What better way to expand her knowledge to build better stuff than looting and prying open vermissian technology? So Trinka would 100% explore abandoned tunnels to satisfy her desire to improve, she doesn't really care that anything noteworthy has been distorted by the Heart's energy for some time now.

I was planning to lean a bit on the Junkie part of Junk Mage, I doubt either Appiarists or Vermissian order would look up to someone that would discard almost everything for better magic.
By the way, would your character's betrayal result in what one can consider an unearthly sight? If so that would would clear mine Heartsong calling requirement
Last edited November 10, 2023 12:13 am
Nov 10, 2023 4:20 am
That could definitely be the case, regarding the Heartsong calling.

I'll say that after a fighting with the Drowned in the Vermissian tunnel, my Vermissian-Apiarist have chosen to welcome the Hive to enter his body for survival, and somehow later, the heart created an Echo wave to merge the bees with his steam punk cybernetics.

Maybe Trinka got to see some bees becoming robots and making hives out of scrap metal.
Btw, Seifi, do you allow me to still get the Vermissian Plate core ability, even if I got both core abilities from Apiarist?
Last edited November 10, 2023 4:28 am
Nov 11, 2023 9:32 am
@Appalahi,@DragonDweller62 welcome to the game! You can find the rulebook and the character sheet on the first page of this thread!

Introduction and How to play contain the most important information to get you started, after that, feel free to pick a class and get the ball rolling!

Your callings will have questions that allow for intertwining your stories with those of other players - feel free to discuss these!
@RoAries I am fine with it, but please spend your Major ability on it in order to keep things balanced.
Nov 11, 2023 8:56 pm
@seifi Would it be okay for me to play the Somnajac ("Probably just a weird variant, not a cryptid with dream powers") from the Ichor Drowned supplement? I’d be a weird little collection of rags and trash given selfhood by all the flux and divine conflict at the Sump. Probably use the Heartsong calling.
Nov 11, 2023 9:26 pm
natknight says:
@seifi Would it be okay for me to play the Somnajac ("Probably just a weird variant, not a cryptid with dream powers") from the Ichor Drowned supplement? I’d be a weird little collection of rags and trash given selfhood by all the flux and divine conflict at the Sump. Probably use the Heartsong calling.
Just bought the supplement to get a glimpse of what it's about - the concept looks pretty damn cool, let's try it!
Nov 12, 2023 4:34 am
Sorry for the delay, I'm afraid I've had something of a busy week. I've been thinking on my character and I definitely want to be a gnoll. I like the idea of being exiled from my people, so my calling would probably be Penitent. I'm thinking of either carver or deadwalker for my class. I hope I haven't been holding this game up, and I'll have more information soon.
Nov 12, 2023 12:48 pm
Alright, so far we have!

RoAries - Penitent Deep Apiarist/Vermissian Knight
HueHueBr - Heartsong Junk Mage
natknight - Heartsong Somnajac
DragonDweller62 - Penitent Cleaver/Deadwalker
Appalahi - ?

The concepts so far look pretty neat, looking forward to see them in their final form! I would like to start the game around Tuesday/Wednesday.
Nov 12, 2023 1:37 pm
I have a broad idea of Trinka's background already, do you want me to share it here, or leave it on the character sheet?
Hey @RoAries. can I say Trinka was exploring the Vermissian tunnels when the Drowned fight pushes Johnny in her direction? This would lead them to run away together, mid escape she witnesses the betrayal and the whole bees transforming a bit later.
I want to make sure this aligns with your planned backstory.
Nov 12, 2023 3:11 pm
HueHueBr says:
I have a broad idea of Trinka's background already, do you want me to share it here, or leave it on the character sheet?
Leaving up to you how much do you wish to share!
Nov 12, 2023 7:43 pm
I’ve submitted a first draft of my character: Raggedy Rosie, a vagrant in a tattered green coat who showed at the Sump a few days after it appeared. She came from the Eastern Kingdoms seeking her fortune with her lover. She’s alone now, but she’s going to get her love back, even if she had to steal from a sleeping god’s dream to do it.

Mechanically, Rosie’s an Enlightenment Somnajac (I first thought heart-touched, but it ended up clashing with the class powers thematically). I’ve got two bonds to establish:

A person who has been invaluable on my quest, and

Someone who’s hiding secrets from me.

I was thinking Trinka has been helpful (us vagrant types gotta stick together). Anyone want to be keeping secrets about sleeping gods?
Nov 14, 2023 3:02 am
I'm just about done with my character, a gnoll deadwalker called Majyd. Dark-robed and towering, she can be as humorous as she is grim. Right now, she's a pilgrim passing through the Sump on her way to some mysterious goal.

@natknight, I could be the one keeping secrets from you. I think we could be after the same god for different reasons, only I've been much closer by virtue of having died once already. Also, as a penitent, Majyd could look up to your PC as a role model.

Speaking of bonds, I need a PC who was present at my betrayal. Does anyone want to have served as a guide for a doomed gnoll incursion team?
Nov 14, 2023 11:13 am
As Trinka was born in the upper Heart area, she could have pointed the foreigner to some abandoned gods temples and show her the ropes of the place.
Why not write the Gnoll Exploration as investigating the flooded Vermissian tunnels? Can even tie it to RoAries' character
Last edited November 14, 2023 11:14 am
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.