The Delvers

load previous
Nov 15, 2023 4:00 am
The crux of Majyd's betrayal is that some peril causes her to leave her team to die, the irony being that she dies later anyway, alone and as a coward. I wrote up something specific myself, but instead the threat could easily involve Johnny and/or Trinka in the tunnels. Whatever fits their backstories could work for that (something they cause, face, etc.).
Last edited November 15, 2023 4:01 am
Nov 15, 2023 6:43 am
DragonDweller62 says:

@natknight, I could be the one keeping secrets from you. I think we could be after the same god for different reasons, only I've been much closer by virtue of having died once already. Also, as a penitent, Majyd could look up to your PC as a role model.

Perfect! Who would know the Cutter better than a deadwalker?

That’s my bonds; I think Rosie’s ready to go. 👍
Nov 16, 2023 1:35 am
Heh, there's already a character called Mahjid in the second group of this game. A popular name, it seems.
Nov 16, 2023 11:52 pm
Haha, I guess I should've seen that before picking a generic name from the book. I'll just change it to avoid confusion. After that, I believe my bonds are defined enough to submit my sheet.
Nov 17, 2023 5:04 am
@HueHueBr Your idea aligns with my backstory. We all could have met each other in the past to not be complete strangers.
So yeah, it will be Jonnie running through the tunnels while being badly injured to near death. He then encounters Trinka, but she was still unable to stop his injuries. It so happens Hive bees are nearby, and he chose to break his oath of biological purity by letting the bees into him to be saved.

When he meets Trinka again, he is now put on a penitent mission to prove his loyalty by being a Delver or a Haven missionary. Along the way, she also witnessed him merging his "cybernetics" with the bees. Perhaps a Heart-empowered symbolism of his belief that he held that the machine is better than flesh/bee chitin.
(Yes, this is inspired by the Adeptus Mechanicus from Warhammer40k, but he and the Knight Order are not as extreme.)
@DragonDweller62
As for Majyd, I think her excursion could be the same as Jonnie's. His one failed with mostly everyone dying too. Perhaps it could also be a joint mission between the Order of the Iron Flesh and Majyd's one. (The Order isn't racist and is friendly to all, except for those who are supernaturally altered. So while Gnolls may look like "beasts" they aren't Heartsblood Beasts that require purging.)
Btw, I am thinking of altering his name to be slightly more unusual. Perhaps Jonnie or Jonnee to keep the similar sound and reference to "Johnny Topside". (I found this name by looking at Bioshock wiki)
Last edited November 18, 2023 12:48 am
Nov 17, 2023 8:43 pm
I like the idea of a joint mission; that could instantly connect the two PCs. Maybe they agreed to save their own skins when they knew the mission was a failure, and that serves as their betrayal (or something along those lines). I'm don't know much about the lore of Heart, but Majyd (whom I'm also considering renaming) could be part of any gnollish military body that would work with Jonnie's order.
Nov 29, 2023 5:38 am
https://i.imgur.com/OXYW8Am.jpg

Here is an AI image I generated from Gencraft as Jonnie's avatar. It is not fully as I imagined, but should be decently close enough.
Last edited November 29, 2023 5:41 am

You do not have permission to post in this thread.