round order:

-Logan (Vulnerable)
-Bird
-Eddard
-Johnny (Entangled, Distracted)
-Alana
-Chet & Co. (chet Shaken)
Nov 6, 2022 1:49 pm
feeling rattled at the sight of Hock's knife, Logan goes all defensive, lifting his arms to block attacks, and bracing himself for what's to come.
OOC:
Defend action: he does nothing else this round, but his Parry gets +4 for the turn. Logan Parry is boosted to 9 temporarily

crow

Dr_B

Nov 6, 2022 1:52 pm
crow
With a loud caw call and a mighty flutter of its wings, the bird flies once around the small shop with Logan's tattoo bracelets in its claws, then through the broken shop window, gaining its freedom outside!
Nov 6, 2022 1:59 pm
Eddard Linderman
Eddard sees Hock's blade and lifts his hands, trying to calm him down.
"Now, that's enough! Do you think attacking anyone with a knife would help your situation, here? Think about it, buddy: I called the police, they'll be here in no time... we've seen all your faces real clear... do you really wanna make it worse for yourself? Drop that knife, come on..."
OOC:
Eddard tries to use the Voice of Authority to get Hock to put away the knife. Spirit +2, opposed.
[ +- ] Voice of Authority

Rolls

Eddard Spirit, +2 - (1d8+2, RA)

(3) + 2 = 5

Hock's Spirit - (1d6, RA)

(3) = 3

Nov 6, 2022 2:03 pm
Hock, toadie
Hock glances nervously at Eddard, then at Chet holding his head, still stunned. He pockets his knife. "Chet? What do we do, Chet?..." he says, his voice uncertain.

GM
OOC:
Eddard's done the first useful thing since the fight started :D
-Logan (Vulnerable)
-Bird
-Eddard

-Johnny (Entangled, Distracted)
-Alana
-Chet & Co. (Chet Shaken)
Nov 6, 2022 3:26 pm
Bowled over by Chet's two henchmen, Johnny is easily pinned by the two punks and struggled against them, trying to free himself.

Rolls

Athletics* - (1d6-2, 1d6-2, RA)

1d6-2 : (1) - 2 = -1

1d6-2 : (1) - 2 = -1

Nov 6, 2022 3:29 pm
OOC:
Johnny is working hard to collect those snake eyes!
Nov 6, 2022 3:49 pm
In an effort to free himself from his tormentors Johnny only manages to lose his grip on the skateboard, that rolls away from his hand and out of reach... he stays pinned down by the toadies.
OOC:
gotta update the tracker!

Al is up
Nov 6, 2022 3:57 pm
Seeing Johnny in trouble while Chet still seems kind of out of it, Al decides to try and rescue him before fighting the evil bully leader again. Considering how well that had worked for Johnny, Al picks up the skateboard and tries to whack it over Snake's head.
OOC:
Not sure if any penalties apply for attacking into a grapple. If so, feel free to subtract them from my roll

Rolls

Fighting - (1d4, 1d6, RA)

1d4 : (43) = 7

1d6 : (5) = 5

Nov 6, 2022 6:22 pm
OOC:
if anything, Snake is completely engaged in pinning down Johnny. I will give you +2 to that roll, as he doesn't see it coming. It takes the roll to a 9, which is a raise.
Roll Strength+1d6 damage bonus, no wild die
The skateboard connects with a smack!
Nov 6, 2022 9:40 pm
OOC:
The Skateboard is a pretty good weapon, it seems

Rolls

Strength - (1d4, 1d6, RA)

1d4 : (41) = 5

1d6 : (4) = 4

Nov 7, 2022 9:53 pm
OOC:
alas, just below Snake's parry (sorry you had to wait so long for such an underwhelming result, a mad day today)
Snake's sixth sense must have kicked in, as he catches something out of the corner of his eye and leans his head out of the way just in time...

Chet Paxton

Dr_B

Nov 7, 2022 9:56 pm
Chet Paxton
Chet screws up his face trying to clear his head.

He becomes focused and sees Johnny pinned by his goons.
"Did you just?... You sonofabitch... " he looks around and grabs a pair of scissors from the shop's counter. "You need to learn some manners... and you look like a girl. We'll start with your hair, Geronimo..."

He grabs Johnny's hair pulling it tight, and starts cutting long locks off it!!
OOC:
with Johnny entangled by two bullies holding him, this is pretty much an automatic action... he is spending the round cutting as much hair as he can!

Rolls

Spirit - (1d8, 1d6, RA)

1d8 : (6) = 6

1d6 : (2) = 2

Nov 7, 2022 10:19 pm
Snake, toadie
the two goons holding Johnny still start laughing, keeping their hold. "Hahahaha!! You look better already, Indian boy!"
Booger, toadie
"Hahahahaha!! Jeez, he has more hair than Cousin Itt!" he adds, holding on tight.

Hock, toadie

Dr_B

Nov 7, 2022 10:22 pm
Hock, toadie
finding back his confidence at the sight of Chet in action, Hock rushes to Alana, trying to grab the skateboard off her hands. "You're next, big hair!! Gimme that!"
OOC:
Strength vs Strength, please
His sweaty hands lose their grip and he has to let go of the board.

Rolls

Hock Strength - (1d8, RA)

(2) = 2

Nov 7, 2022 10:31 pm
WheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeA police siren is heard, getting closer. Could this be?...
OOC:
new cards!

Deck Draws

Alana, Johnny, Logan, Chet & Co., Eddard
Ace of Diamonds
9 of Spades
7 of Diamonds
King of Clubs
2 of Hearts
Nov 7, 2022 10:33 pm
OOC:
Round order:

-Alana
-Chet & Co.
-Johnny (entangled, distracted)
-Logan (Parry back to normal)
-Eddard
Nov 8, 2022 2:14 am
OOC:
The dice are added together, right? Does he really have over 9 parry? Not sure how we're ever supposed to get past that 😅
"Noo, leave him alone!", Al cries out, tears welling up in her eyes as Chet starts cutting into Johnny's hear. Screaming desperately, she tries to wrestle the scissors from Chet's hand.

Rolls

Fighting - (1d4, 1d6, RA)

1d4 : (2) = 2

1d6 : (62) = 8

Nov 8, 2022 7:32 am
OOC:
ugh. You are right, I should have added the damage dice and that 9 would be a Shaken result, compared to Toughness and not Parry. That's 2 wrongs in one go! My apologies bowl, I must have been tired last night.

Might be tricky to retro-fit, my bad. How about an automatic success on disarming Chet instead? He'll be Shaken too.
Nov 8, 2022 7:48 am
OOC:
Sure, that's fine by me
load next

Thread locked