[CLOSED] Blood Lords - Pathfinder 2e

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

ClosedPathfinder2ePrivate3 / weekC1NDER
https://i.imgur.com/AL9rFdr.png

The undead nation of Geb gains most of its international trade from the export of food grown on zombie-worked farms, but lately one farm has been the site of a series of strange occurrences. Dispatched to investigate the problem, you discover a grave threat to Geb’s minority living population, bringing them to the attention of the insidious Blood Lords who rule the land in the name of their undead wizard-king. Defeating the wicked forces behind the plot is the first step on a long road to gaining influence and power in Geb, but if the investigators can’t solve the problem to the Blood Lords’ satisfaction, their first step may be their last!

In this campaign for Pathfinder Second Edition, you’ll create a 1st‑level character and take on the role of an aspiring troubleshooter in a nation run by both ageless undead and the cunning living people who rub shoulders with them.

This nation is ruled by a ghost king named Geb (who, in a characteristic display of hubris, named his nation after himself), but the real work of running the nation is done by a fractious council of about 60 people called the Blood Lords. The Blood Lords are predominantly (but not exclusively) undead and are predominantly (but not exclusively) necromancers. Some of them have ruled Geb for thousands of years.

Anyone can join this council if they have enough skill, tenacity, and luck—and your characters are destined to join them, scheming your way to the top! You’ll need to vanquish foes, curry favor, and occasionally betray some of your NPC allies to succeed in Geb.

If you die trying, well, the undead rule in Geb just as much as the living!

Sep 9, 2022 2:20 am
✅ The Game System and Rules Version: Pathfinder 2e

✅ Setting: The undead nation of Geb, led by its clearly-narcissistic ghost king named Geb! Warm winds from the Obari Ocean creates lush grassland in Geb, allowing crops to prosper. [3] The fields are mainly worked by mindless undead, and foodstuffs is Geb’s major export. The game starts in a city called Graydirge in the hinterlands of that nation, where much of the nations crops are grown.

✅ Adult Content or Controversial Themes: This is a campaign of mostly-evil players and NPC's. There will be horrific and terrible things happening. Expect violence, death, and mistreatment of others for personal gain to be common themes. That said, we will shy away from overt descriptions of torture and cruelty where appropriate. Violence against children will not be detailed. There could be romance and intimacy, though we will fade to black at appropriate times. Lines and Veils will be used to make sure the GM is handling content appropriately for the players involved.

✅ Character Restrictions: Characters are all angling for power within Geb's existing political system. As such, it would make little sense for them to shun the laws of the country. Chaotic PC's are not allowed. As the government of Geb is Lawful Evil, the closer your character is to that alignment, the more they will fit in with the setting. A good character would not be recommended, but if you have a good pitch for it, I'm willing to listen.

https://i.imgur.com/bdUxncy.jpg

✅ Game Duration and Post Frequency: 3-4 posts per week would be great. More if we can manage it.

✅ Player Experience Requirements: I am open to a mix of experience!

✅ Special Resources Used: I will be asking those that join to be also willing to join a discord server for the game. It will be a good place for quick questions and answers and other information to be shared.

✅ Welcome Marginalized Groups This game is explicitly friendly to LGBT and any other minorities or marginalized groups. All are welcome, and all should expect to have FUN (that's what we're here for, right?)

✅ How to Apply: Post a character pitch here, including a proposed ancestry/class and a blurb about your character to highlight a little about them and how they're unique. Please also include your level of experience with Golarion (the world setting) and the Pathfinder 2e rule system. I will select 5 from those submitted. I will be looking for interesting character concepts that will form a decent party together and have a good fit for the tone of the campaign. I'll leave recruitment open for a week, give or take, to allow submissions.

I look forward to seeing what you all come up with!

More information and a copy of the player's guide can be found FREE, here.

Some handy links for anyone wanting to play with concepts:

- Everything you need to learn about PF2e rules and character creation can be found HERE
- A phenomenal, free character builder called Pathbuilder can be found HERE
Last edited September 15, 2022 6:20 pm
Sep 9, 2022 2:28 am
I already have a character made: A female poppet named... Mary Poppets (LE Summoner). She awoke in a mausoleum several years ago, clearly the toy of some wealthy little girl who had died, but now imbued with sentience of her own. She loves wearing frilly pink dresses and has pink ribbons in her blonde hair. She gets around on the shoulder of her hulking undead eidolon, Stitches.

I have a fair bit of familiarity with Golarion, though not as much with Geb itself. I have LOTS of experience with PF2 as a rules system, having designed the character sheet for it myself.
[ +- ] Image - Stay away if afraid of dolls
Sep 9, 2022 3:29 am
Your games are awesome, and I'd like to learn PF 2e.
I offer myself as tribute!
I'll have an idea for you soon. :)
Sep 9, 2022 8:45 am
This looks like a lot of fun.

I'm thinking of a Draconic Sorcerer, but that's not set in stone yet...

It'd be interesting to play a LG or LN character who alms to change the system from within but gets corrupted along the way.

Question: is this intended to have a strong PvP focus? We're all each others rivals if I'm reading thiscorrectly.
Last edited September 9, 2022 8:46 am
Sep 9, 2022 9:11 am
I would love to play. Love Pathfinder 2e. Would love to play a goblin cleric of Urgathoa working for the Celebrants.
Sep 9, 2022 12:38 pm
Hi! This looks fun! I don't have any experience with PF2E but I've been looking for an excuse to give it a try :)

In the player guide you linked to, it says "...your GM might let you begin play as a ghost, ghoul, mummy, vampire, or zombie character right from level 1." Would you be open to characters beginning as undead? I have the beginnings of an idea for a disgraced Vampire aristocrat, if so. Not sure about class yet – I was leaning toward Witch but I might choose a martial class instead since it seems like there’s a lot of spellcasters in this thread already. I’ll have a more detailed character pitch for you later, in any case

Edit: I think I've decided on Barbarian (animal instinct) for the class, framing the vampire's thirst for blood as a kind of predatory 'rage'
Last edited September 9, 2022 3:16 pm
Sep 9, 2022 3:15 pm
Like Naat I've been eagerly waiting.

Like many ghosts when Delia Cawthorn enters a room it immeadiatly starts to get cold. Frost starts to cover windows, and ones breath will become visible.

Until she rember her death, or starts to get angry. Then the steam starts to appear, every thing gets warm and the fires start.

A minor noble who died in a revolt with her home being burned down or burned at the stake as a witch. (Possibly in Mendev, but would need to work out how she gets to Geb) Mechanically a ghost, probably human, psychic with The Oscillating Wave as her conscious mind. Likely taking a cha based subconscious mind and seems fitting, but could go int if desperately needed.

Would obviously need to use the same clause Oopsylon pointed out.

I have several other concepts but this is one fitting the undead themes, and also seems to fit with what's already been proposed.

I'm still learning 2e, but have about 8-9 years experience of Golarion lore and 1e.

Other concepts : Vampire/Skeletal champion of Urgathoa, Skeletal Thaumatagure who has spent cyears hoarding rubbish that may or not help, a changeling who is trying to prove herself to her mother in order to become a hag. (Possible in that case offciall the blood lord would be Mother, but she's aiding with the land etc in her name while she's off doing hag stuff)
Last edited September 9, 2022 4:40 pm
Sep 9, 2022 6:02 pm
Oh man, I don't think I can say no to an Evil(ish) PF2e campaign. I'll have to read over the player's guide and get an idea from it.

Before I start looking, any special options being used? Free Archetype? Ancestry Paragon? I'm cool if not, just checking is all :)

EDIT: Nevermind, I saw it on the game details :)
Last edited September 9, 2022 6:46 pm
Sep 9, 2022 6:45 pm
Pitch

Raphael, a graduate of Yled's best known necromantic college, the Mortuarium, has served in Geb's diplomatic corps in Graydirge where he helped to oil the wheels of the agricultural export business. Raphael, a Dhampir of Svetocher heritage, watched, with growing envy, the many ways the Blood Lords accumulated and exercised power, and has become obsessed with the idea of becoming one of them.
[ +- ] Portrait
Ancestry: Human (Dhampir)
Background: Emissary
Class: (Necromancy) Wizard

Experience: A modest, but growing familiarity with Golarion. Just starting out with PF2e - 1 x one-shot at UK Games Expo, and 1 x Quest for the Frozen Flame ongoing on GP
Sep 9, 2022 7:24 pm
Would you be open to the Kineticist playtest material?
Sep 9, 2022 8:07 pm
Jomsviking says:
Would you be open to the Kineticist playtest material?
Thanks for the interest, but I am choosing to not include playtest material for this game :)
Sep 9, 2022 8:09 pm
Some handy links for anyone wanting to play with concepts:

- Everything you need to learn about PF2e rules and character creation can be found HERE
- A phenomenal, free character builder called Pathbuilder can be found HERE
Sep 9, 2022 8:47 pm
I am interested, but I am also at work. I will login a bit later and submit a concept. :)
Sep 9, 2022 8:57 pm
So happy for all the interest so far! I'm seeing some really cool character ideas. Bear in mind this is to give me an idea on where you're leaning, but I will allow some degree of finalizing concepts in the game forum after invites are sent out as well.
Carabas says:

Question: is this intended to have a strong PvP focus? We're all each others rivals if I'm reading thiscorrectly.
Excellent question!

There is very little expectation of PvP in this game. While you are all likely-evil characters in an inherintly evil setting, you will quickly find your benefactor would have you 'brought up' together as a group.

Also, please know this is a campaign where you will not be playing antoginists opposite some do-gooder heroes. The PC's are protagonists - the story is about bad guys fighting against even badder guys.
Last edited September 9, 2022 8:59 pm
Sep 9, 2022 9:31 pm
Alright I can play a Berserker if there's no Kineticists. Sounds good to me.
Sep 10, 2022 5:34 am
Here’s my character pitch :)
[ +- ] NE Human Barbarian (Vampire Archetype) - Lord Alastair Benjamin Barbatus Wolfe (Benji)
Last edited September 10, 2022 6:41 am
Sep 10, 2022 6:06 am
Alright I'll go with something other than Barbarian since that already has an app. Cleric seems fun.
Sep 10, 2022 10:13 am
Furmyr says:
I would love to play. Love Pathfinder 2e. Would love to play a goblin cleric of Urgathoa working for the Celebrants.
So here's a little more on Kruff, follower of Urgathoa:
[ +- ] Kruff (Goblin Cleric of Urgathoa)
Edit: Sorry, Jomsviking. Saw you too wants to play a cleric. I could come up with another concept if needed. I have more unplayed characters in Pathbuilder than I can ever play. Though Kruff will be a warpriest of the Might domain, so won't focus on casting.
Last edited September 10, 2022 10:17 am
Sep 10, 2022 1:50 pm
Thankfully, Pathfinder 2e's character ideas have enough room creatively that you can have more than one of the same class and they won't necessarily rub shoulders.

I'm considering a Carter that was jumped when the leaders were discovered as Pharasmins. He died but the negative energy in the nation infused I'm him brought him back to life. I'd be an Undead Sorcerer with the Rogue Archetype. I'll have fluff up later but the guy is basically a family man despite worshipping Urgothoa.
Sep 10, 2022 2:21 pm
Ok, so it took me longer to decide but I think I have settled on a Garundi Human(Changeling - Veil May) Enigma Bard named Mekuri. Mekuri grew up in the Meat Market, poor, an orphan on the streets. His intellect allowed him to survive and through a combination of luck and skill he earned a place with the Tax Collectors Union. He had a keen mind for numbers and he worked his way up to living in the Gnashes, but after stealing some unaccounted for coins he got nervous and decided to break off from the union on good terms and look for work elsewhere.

Character Name: Mekuri
Ancestry: Human
Heritage: Changeling
Class: Bard (Free Archetype will be Hag Sorcerer )
Muse: Enigma
Description: Mekuri is around 6'1" tall, light weight, with a dextrous build. He has a bright white slicked back mohawk and goatee, a rich brown skin tone, several brow piercings, and one gray eye and one red eye. He wears bright colored, form fitting, clothing, and always has his whip at his side for protection.

https://i.imgur.com/SkNGUPT.jpg
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.